corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » JT

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author JT
Cosmo

User status: Offline
27th Feb 07 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crouch isnt a target man...he wont pick big balls out the air. He is best with them coming in at his feet, or chest hight at best...which is something Rooney could do anyway.

Woodgate is too injury prone to have in any team Id ever pick, youd be constantly worried about him getting a knock and then having to waste a sub on it. Just makes no sense when youve someone like Carra there...but that is IMO and probably biased.

I do like 3 CB's though aslong as the wingbacks have the ability to get up and down all game....Richards and Cole would be my first choices though. Not sayng Neville couldnt do it, but think he needs to bring Richards through before the championships.
Hammer

27th Feb 07 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't disagree with the Woodgate comment tbh, its also likely Owen will be a yard shorter as well when he does eventually return, it was just a theoretical fully fit squad I was picking from.

Up front variation is the problem really when going with 3 at the back and 2 wing backs, you really need a target man and who else is available Ashton, Defoe, Bent or Johnson?
Cosmo

27th Feb 07 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt pick any of those, not upto England standards IMO.

An Owen/Crouch/Rooney partnership could work, but would need Rooney to either drop deeper than he does, or play more on the last man with Owen and Crouch dropping deep.

I do hope Owen can come back fully fit and with some pace, but he had lost a yard on when he was really on fire with us befor ehis first injuries so anymore and it could really screw with his abilities!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » JT 23 database queries in 0.0100069 seconds