corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mean as Fook pug! (208bhp)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mean as Fook pug! (208bhp)
Cupra Steve
Banned

User status: Offline
28th Mar 07 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although spending that amount for those times rememebr it's still a 1.6, i thinkit's more derived for a track rather than strip and as explained to me by other users it was probably modified to keep it in the 1600cc class NA! It is very quick for it's class but i agree, i'd prefer a skyline GTR R34 that would rape it in every way possible probably.
Butler

28th Mar 07 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He better actually go on the track this year
Daimo B

28th Mar 07 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was gonna say...

The Astra (Mk4) touring car (BTCC) done a 15.2 1/4 mile. Does that mean its not very quick round a race track?

VERY different setups.

I wouldn't say a skyline would whoop its ass either. Anyone seen that Nova Video where he's at Castle Coombe and all over that Skyline till the skyline moves out the way.

Would love to take that round a track. Wider track, good high revving engine, quick changes, im sure its got brakes to match. Bet its a belter round a track..

Remember, track car's arn't designed to go mental fast in a straight line, they use something were some skills needed, corners
Cupra Steve
Banned

28th Mar 07 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A skyline is awesome round a track! Remember you can't always go by trackday vids, the skyline not trying as hard as the nova / better drivers etc! Don't want to get into that argument!

Remember all the eltronic gadgets on the GTR and i wouldn't say it has shit brakes either!
Daimo B

28th Mar 07 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ohhh the skyline was trying, you can tell the driver doesn't know racing lines for toffee though...

Skylines gadgets does all the work for you hence why its so quick. Not a massive amount of skill needed. Just point the nose and plant your foot. Might as well drive a Merc round a track
dhdev

28th Mar 07 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler

He's gonna be at castle combe in april (21st? can't remember), plus he's planning plenty more trackdays.
Novaneil

28th Mar 07 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is a very cool pug!!!
ianofbhills

28th Mar 07 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love that pug but that gearbox must have cost more then most peoples cars on here.

serious cash spent on that!!!!!
Butler

29th Mar 07 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dhdev
quote:

He's gonna be at castle combe in april (21st? can't remember), plus he's planning plenty more trackdays.

Was gonna go aswell. Oh well, hopefully see him at pugfest or failing that, fcs.
broster
Premium Member

29th Mar 07 at 06:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all the poeple talking about 1/4 mile times, it s a 1.6 FFS! its never going to be awesome on the 1/4 mile, its a full on track car!

awesome bit of kit....

Lucky B

29th Mar 07 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
im more excited about Lucky Bs up and coming engine which probably more thought has gone into.

I dont know about that... my car will probably be 10-20bhp down on bic's present spec but the car will be alot lighter.
AK

29th Mar 07 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Ohhh the skyline was trying, you can tell the driver doesn't know racing lines for toffee though...

Skylines gadgets does all the work for you hence why its so quick. Not a massive amount of skill needed. Just point the nose and plant your foot. Might as well drive a Merc round a track

you've never driven one round a track then!!!

ATESSA - arse out...

As soon as it detects lateral G's it puts more power to the rears.....

Stock skylines arent that quick either.... and the brakes in std form arent the be all and end all.
Daimo B

29th Mar 07 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, not driven a Skyline round a track, would love a go, but couldn't afford the fuel bills

Isn't yours a RWD R32? See thats different

Can't deny the technology is amazing and that it can get round a track quickly, but the effort needed to get a 4wd skyline around a track quick is nothing compared to driving a FWD/RWD car with no electronics or gizmos..

To me personnally, electronics take the fun out of the skill of getting a car round a track.
jr

29th Mar 07 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no its a GTR daimo, which are all 4WD

32 onwards anyway iirc

[Edited on 29-03-2007 by jr]
AK

29th Mar 07 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the corsa... pug were both easier to drive on track compared to the skyline..

Mine is called 4wd but is very tail happy in std form.
Much like the typeR... which has about 90% power to the rears with the diffs untouched.... wind it on and you'll get 50/50.

The skyline is more a true 4x4 when launching on driving in straight lines. When slip is detected in the rears it transfers power to the front, up to 50/50 i think. BUT BUT BUT when sideways movement is added into the equation is biases it more to the rear to give the car RWD characteristics.
dhdev

29th Mar 07 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lucky B
quote:
im more excited about Lucky Bs up and coming engine which probably more thought has gone into.

I dont know about that... my car will probably be 10-20bhp down on bic's present spec but the car will be alot lighter.

Ooooh what are you building? Sounds interesting and similar to mine
Lucky B

29th Mar 07 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a 16v S1 106 Rallye.

I'm aiming for 700kg & 185bhp but it looks like i may have a bit more power than that... time will tell.

I have a thread going in the members area of the 106 Rallye register about it.

This is the car in '05 when i did the Scottish Hill climb Championship...

But i've been buying some goodies for it...

I found this when we took out the engine/box.

[Edited on 29-03-2007 by Lucky B]
Daimo B

29th Mar 07 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
the corsa... pug were both easier to drive on track compared to the skyline..

Mine is called 4wd but is very tail happy in std form.
Much like the typeR... which has about 90% power to the rears with the diffs untouched.... wind it on and you'll get 50/50.

The skyline is more a true 4x4 when launching on driving in straight lines. When slip is detected in the rears it transfers power to the front, up to 50/50 i think. BUT BUT BUT when sideways movement is added into the equation is biases it more to the rear to give the car RWD characteristics.

Easier to drive due to less power, or simply easier to drive round a track? Wasn't the Corsa or Pug more exciting to drive due to having to "man-handle" the car a lot more? I'd have thought the skyline would be quite smooth and refined in every way compared to the other cars?

I wasn't actually aware you could adjust the power delivery to front or rear, but thats me never owning a 4x4 for you

All I can vision when people say "skyline" and "handling" is a very old Clarkson vid with Tim Harvey etc, trying to get the skyoline out of control round Mallory Park, and the car just simply not going anywhere and sticking to the road..
Cupra Steve
Banned

29th Mar 07 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was that in the r33 gtr?
AK

29th Mar 07 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is very easy to lose

The skyline 4x4 atessa system adjusts the front/rear %... i have a wee controller which puts more to the front on corners (1 - 10 kinda thing) to make it more 4x4 like.

I find the corsa and pug easier to drive as the wouldnt have bitten your legs off if you get it a bit wrong... the skyline is def more RWD and you have the watch the tail

AK

29th Mar 07 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
was that in the r33 gtr?

the nova vid? No that was in a nova, chasing a 33
Daimo B

29th Mar 07 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhhh righty, with ya.

So do you adjust it per few corners, or just find tha happy medium and stick with that setting?

I suppose the corsa and pug were going much slower so easier to catch hold of it it all goes wrong.

Talking o which, heard the corsa is no more?
AK

29th Mar 07 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa was fater round knockhill that the R32 GTR when standard..

The corsa was a handfull too.... but had heaps of grip and brakes that were amazing

Had enough of the hassle with it and decided to split.... all gone within a week..

will make about 5k all in with all parts i think.... thats with a the engine goosed
AK

29th Mar 07 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh - happy medium... normally down to the conditions... If its wet, more to the front (not too much or it understeers), if its dry and grippy.... all to the rear
Daimo B

29th Mar 07 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A sad day, but

Skyline that always (mostly) works

Or

Corsa with no end of problems.

No question Still want to build mine though, crash it into the tyre wall when im bored with it or something Tis a sady day...

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mean as Fook pug! (208bhp) 22 database queries in 0.0172670 seconds