corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » possible corsa c sri

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author possible corsa c sri
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
9th Apr 07 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing has ever fell of my car i can honestly say, and its my second corsa. 1 thing i will say about the saxo, open the boot and look inside the tailgate, you call that a trim? corners cut to make it cheap for boy racers
Steve
Premium Member

9th Apr 07 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really? loads fell off both my corsa b's and my gsi was an appalling rusty heap

the petrol tank also rusted and split yeah amazing build quality

[Edited on 09-04-2007 by Steve]
taylorboosh

9th Apr 07 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cat went, air flow meter, and thats it. suppose it may depend on age as a gsi would be a lot older than mine which is on a v plate
Rob H

9th Apr 07 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cunningham
quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
Originally posted by corsabadboyhotmailcouk
would the sri be faster than a corsa 1.4 sport?

nope, it will be slower.

i disagree

Nothing in it
taylorboosh

9th Apr 07 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it the same engine?
Rob H

9th Apr 07 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're both 1.4 16v's with 90 brake, but the C's have a different head and inlet/ exhaust.
taylorboosh

9th Apr 07 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what is faster out of all 3 cars? sri, sport or vtr? my mate says he can beat a vtr in a sri on a l plate but this sounds daft to me?
Rob H

9th Apr 07 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH mate, there's nothing in it worth saying buy "x" cause it's quicker. The later VTR's have 100 brake, and weigh slightly less, but i'd base your choice on which you prefer the look of, and what it's going to cost to run etc.

If your going for a 2003 model Sri, rmeeber you get 16"s, Irmscher spoiler, electric/heated M3's, Different lower grille, different seats and silver seat belts over the earlier SRi's .

P.S, Buy mine .
Eck
Premium Member

9th Apr 07 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kathryn W
TO be totally honest id stick to what you have

Saxo's are cheap because they are shite

Bit of a narrow minded uneducated answer tbh Kat
taylorboosh

9th Apr 07 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob H
TBH mate, there's nothing in it worth saying buy "x" cause it's quicker. The later VTR's have 100 brake, and weigh slightly less, but i'd base your choice on which you prefer the look of, and what it's going to cost to run etc.

If your going for a 2003 model Sri, rmeeber you get 16"s, Irmscher spoiler, electric/heated M3's, Different lower grille, different seats and silver seat belts over the earlier SRi's .

P.S, Buy mine .

il swap my corsa for it you get 16s an unfitted 1.4 16v a unfitted debadged grill an unfitted decat pipe and the car whish is quite nice but has dents in the door and bonnet off vandals i wish u were stupid mate
Eck
Premium Member

9th Apr 07 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
so what is faster out of all 3 cars? sri, sport or vtr? my mate says he can beat a vtr in a sri on a l plate but this sounds daft to me?

Yes that is a daft statement. If its a Phase 2 VTR with 98-100bhp it will beat 1.4 sports and be pretty much even with a 1.6 sport in a straight line.
Steven Brough

9th Apr 07 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I owned my x reg Corsa from new for 3 years, I owned an 02 reg Saxo VTS for two weeks. Biggest pile of crap I have ever touched, so yes there is a massive difference in build quality.
taylorboosh

9th Apr 07 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Brough
I owned my x reg Corsa from new for 3 years, I owned an 02 reg Saxo VTS for two weeks. Biggest pile of crap I have ever touched, so yes there is a massive difference in build quality.

what did you dislike most? anything in particular? what problems
Eck
Premium Member

9th Apr 07 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steven you might have just been unlucky tbh. The only problem my bro's had with his VTR was the exhaust blowing.
Rob H

9th Apr 07 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
il swap my corsa for it you get 16s an unfitted 1.4 16v a unfitted debadged grill an unfitted decat pipe and the car whish is quite nice but has dents in the door and bonnet off vandals i wish u were stupid mate

Leave a £4k wedge of cash in the boot and i could be stupid for the day .

I'd reccomend test driving all three though. Its surprising how much bigger the C feels IMO compared to the B, and even more so than the saxo (or 106), which feels tiny inside in comparison IMO.
Steven Brough

9th Apr 07 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was the build quality! How can that be unlucky? When I shut the doors the whole roof wobbled, my Corsa B never did that!
Eck
Premium Member

9th Apr 07 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Brough
It was the build quality! How can that be unlucky? When I shut the doors the whole roof wobbled, my Corsa B never did that!

The roof wobbled You sure that car wasn't bent Never seen that in my life
Steven Brough

9th Apr 07 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No mate, the roof was thin full stop.
taylorboosh

9th Apr 07 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how hard do you shut the doors? well a pal has a vtr i could ask for a go of, i have drove a c but it was a sxi, there nice, powerstearing for 1 unlike mine. rob why dont i just give you my mams house aswell? she wont notice shes got curly hair haha
cunningham

9th Apr 07 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate has a goldie coulored vtr and a scooby rb5 saxo used to be his now is mrs

he said its the worst car he has ever owned its did 50,000 miles and the seats have fell to bits the dash squeks and cracks all the time and trim just falls off

if it wasnt for his mrs liking it and needing something to drive he said he would have punded it along time ago
taylorboosh

9th Apr 07 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cunningham
my mate has a goldie coulored vtr and a scooby rb5 saxo used to be his now is mrs

he said its the worst car he has ever owned its did 50,000 miles and the seats have fell to bits the dash squeks and cracks all the time and trim just falls off

if it wasnt for his mrs liking it and needing something to drive he said he would have punded it along time ago

shitrons surely arent that bad are they?
cunningham

9th Apr 07 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at 50,000 miles thats what i cant get

ay7e maybe at 70,000 80,000 miles things tend to break etc but not 50,000 i know of many people that have had a saxo be it vtr or vts they all say they wouldnt have another
taylorboosh

9th Apr 07 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmm second thoughts on the saxo, what do they drive like? any 1 given one a blast?
cunningham

9th Apr 07 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

suppose there ok to drive

need to have small feet though pedals are really close together

i would personally go for a sri corsa 1.8 lovely looking motors go well for what they are and will last alot longer than any saxo or corsa b
Eck
Premium Member

9th Apr 07 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I've said my bro's one is fine Mind you the show cage does rattle a bit but thats it He absolutely loves it.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » possible corsa c sri 22 database queries in 0.0162129 seconds