corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Test Drove the Corsa VXR myself :)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Test Drove the Corsa VXR myself :)
stephentalman

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 07 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the corsa vxr in arden blue with the 18in wheels etc it did handle quite well though the breaks could do with a brake upgrade of some kind
Rachel H

22nd Apr 07 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stephentalman
i test drove corsa and it is slow uncomfortable and looks horrible which was such a dissapointment as i have waited so long, so i bought a 56 plate astra vxr and have the biggest grin on my face

Again I think your lying, if you have driven both then there is no way in hell you can call it slow, to 80mph its the same as a Astra VXR, it is never uncomftable, the seats are better than the Astra. I think your Billy Bullshitting.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yeah the corsa vxr in arden blue with the 18in wheels etc it did handle quite well though the breaks could do with a brake upgrade of some kind

it has a torsion bar setup they nicked from the french

i dont think the car will be all that amazing to drive, it just doesnt look right or balanced.

someone posted some bad reviews of it, unsure if they are real though

[Edited on 22-04-2007 by Steve]
Rachel H

22nd Apr 07 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Your just quoting what you read in Total Vauxhall, the brakes are fine, I would say better than our Astra ones again, the reason Total Vauxhall moaned about them was because they were driving it around a track flat out, I doubt you would have even got the brakes hot on a test drive

I think your full of it.
Rachel H

22nd Apr 07 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:

i dont think the car will be all that amazing to drive, it just doesnt look right or balanced

Are you fucking stupid Steve? I've driven it, IT IS amazing to drive. I've driven 106 GTi's 172's Mini Cooper S's this car handles and is faster than all of them.

Go and spout your anti Vauxhall crap on your fucking forum, this time Vauxhall have got it spot on with the Corsa VXR, Evo rate it highly and thats enough for me.
Joe

22nd Apr 07 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve you can be a pillock at times.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rachel H
quote:
quote:

i dont think the car will be all that amazing to drive, it just doesnt look right or balanced

Are you fucking stupid Steve? I've driven it, IT IS amazing to drive. I've driven 106 GTi's 172's Mini Cooper S's this car handles and is faster than all of them.

Go and spout your anti Vauxhall crap on your fucking forum, this time Vauxhall have got it spot on with the Corsa VXR, Evo rate it highly and thats enough for me.

evo played the cooper s above it? what does that say for your experienced view on testing cars? its not even a vauxhall chassis

mav

22nd Apr 07 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well said Ollie..

@ Steve listen to the ppls reviews that have drove it...and can compare it like ollie to his Astra...
Rachel H

22nd Apr 07 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The rated it above it because of stupid reasons.

It handles better than a top spec Clio, when have Vauxhall EVER been able to say that? R5 GTT, Clio 16v, Clio Williams, 172, 182, 197, when have Vauxhall ever had a car which handles as good as these cars which are know for superb handling? The answers never...... UNTIL NOW.

[Edited on 22-04-2007 by Rachel H]
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree its not bad for a vauxhall, but i dont think it will be amazing, the main issues for me are what it looks like

Robin
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is a GM Chassis Steve, Fiat are the ones who borrowed it

[Edited on 22-04-2007 by Robin]
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 13:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
evo played the cooper s above it?

Have you read the review?
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, the cooper s came out on top

Robin
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 14:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why did the cooper s come out on top?
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because its better? ffs im busy havent got time to ramble on with this crap stop asking silly questions

Jill
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sam-smith
how did you get the test?

Just go and ask for one. I got invited to test drive one by the vauxhall garage I used to use and they passed my details onto the garage I now use, who consequently then invited me to test drive one also.
quote:

How can you say that? The brakes are 308mm which is significantly comparable for the power the car has. I've got 300mm hispecs on my corsa at the moment and I can definitely tell the difference. They don't need upgrading. If anything they need just paining in silver as IMHO they look "early learning centre" in blue. But apart from that they work just fine for the car they are on.

JILL
Adam_B

22nd Apr 07 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i dont think the car will be all that amazing to drive, it just doesnt look right or balanced.

Adam_B

22nd Apr 07 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully me and Lisa are having a drive of one next week

[Edited on 22-04-2007 by Adam_B]
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
How can you say that? The brakes are 308mm which is significantly comparable for the power the car has. I've got 300mm hispecs on my corsa at the moment and I can definitely tell the difference.

Your HiSpecs will have 4 piston calipers though yeah, the VXR has single piston sliding calipers, which aren't going to be anywhere near as good.

But still, how anyone can argue that 308mm discs are not good enough for a car that size must be mad.
SportBoy

22nd Apr 07 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you be suprised .. i use to have the v6 setup on my corsa .. thought they were shyt
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have more than 192bhp though
John

22nd Apr 07 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve for the amount of times you've said I can't comment on 360's and ps3's because I don't personally own one you have a lot to say about things you haven't even had a shot of.
SportBoy

22nd Apr 07 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but it was only running standard when i had them lol and mine is abit lighter ... could of been crap pads tho? . used to have a big disc kit for the 2ltr brakes and i thought they were better lol but they had better pads
Jill
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
Originally posted by Jill
How can you say that? The brakes are 308mm which is significantly comparable for the power the car has. I've got 300mm hispecs on my corsa at the moment and I can definitely tell the difference.

Your HiSpecs will have 4 piston calipers though yeah, the VXR has single piston sliding calipers, which aren't going to be anywhere near as good.

But still, how anyone can argue that 308mm discs are not good enough for a car that size must be mad.

Yeah I know that. But what I meant was that they are damn good brakes regardless- I think you'll find if you'd driven my car and then the vxr you'd agree they give my hispecs a run for their money so to speak. If that makes sence.

JILL
Joe

22nd Apr 07 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure the brakes are more than capable, you can't really compare fitting big V6 brakes to an old Corsa that Vauxhall never even considered having big brakes on. At least they have had chance to upgrade parts to make them work better.

[Edited on 22-04-2007 by joe6886]

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Test Drove the Corsa VXR myself :) 22 database queries in 0.0167170 seconds