corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fuming!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuming!!!
Colin

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 07 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 and a half hours Think id have abandoned the car & taxi it home
Ben G

22nd Apr 07 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would never drive up a curb and risk damaging my car for any ambulance, police car that came down a road and wanted me to move.

of course i'd try to move as far out of the way as i possibly can but would never put myself nor my car in a position where i could cause injury to myself or damage to my car or another car.

if they wanted to move you, they should definitely have drove your mums car away into a safer place and any damages would then be their fault?? not sure on that part though.

davey_jack

22nd Apr 07 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unfortunate mate, but i seriously doubt you have a claim on your hands, as what proof do you have that the wheel wasnt curbed in the first place?...also it is the police, since when have they been around to "serve" motorists? It will be another letter that ends up in the bin in my opinion.
JadeM
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking back on it, we should have refused to move. But mum instantly thought that if the police were asking her to move she had to do it
pow
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh, if a COPPER tells you, you have t move. Go see the bouncer, get a witness thingy, wirte a nice letter and tell them the police imtimiated you to move and forced a dodgy manuver on you.

Get some money!
rustyarchs

22nd Apr 07 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eh course your required by law to move for emergency vehicles be it police ambulance or firebrigade
JadeM
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah if your causing an obstruction. We weren't - we had moved the car into a parking bay to let the ambulance through, but the ambulance driver abondoned it to the side/back of the mini. The policewoman still saw fit to get all the vehicles out the street hence she decided to move us aswell The ambulance could have moved forward a bit and let us out, but she never asked him to move it!!!
rustyarchs

22nd Apr 07 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry jade didnt mean your post i was just laughing at the ones who said you dont have to move for emergency vehicles
JadeM
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wish we hadn't moved for her, never mind as long as it can be fixed I'll get over it I'm sure
rustyarchs

22nd Apr 07 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still a pain in the ass tho

send kolin out with the sandpaper and spraypaint
Colin

22nd Apr 07 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a polished rim, cant be repaired!!!
rustyarchs

22nd Apr 07 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sandpaper and polishing kit then maybe
Colin

22nd Apr 07 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mmm looks mullard to me, i'll need to take a better look.
rustyarchs

22nd Apr 07 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck anyway buddy
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rustyarchs
sorry jade didnt mean your post i was just laughing at the ones who said you dont have to move for emergency vehicles

you dont, if an emergency vehicle is coming behind you and your at a red traffic light, and the only way through is for you to go over the red light, for example, then you shouldnt go over the red light as you arent required by law to get out the way of the vehicle but you are required by law to obey the lights.

a women was prosecuted for doing that exact thing not long ago
SportBoy

22nd Apr 07 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i always move over no matter what .. somones life could depend on it

[Edited on 22-04-2007 by SportyBoy]
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed its common sense too, but you arent required to by law to move
K17STY

22nd Apr 07 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:

you dont, if an emergency vehicle is coming behind you and your at a red traffic light, and the only way through is for you to go over the red light, for example, then you shouldnt go over the red light as you arent required by law to get out the way of the vehicle but you are required by law to obey the lights.

a women was prosecuted for doing that exact thing not long ago

you never stated if you have a reason not to you said and i quote "btw you dont legally have to move etc for emergency vehicles"

your right with what you just said now though,if stuck in traffic or at traffic lights or some other reason why you cannot move then you are ok
rustyarchs

22nd Apr 07 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and i was logged in kirstys account there btw
rustyarchs

22nd Apr 07 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

yes you are required by law to get out of the way of an emergency vehicle

had to google it for facts but heres all you will need to know

The Emergency Workers (Obstruction) Act 2006

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:FBJ7oerDkaQJ:www.knowledgenetwork.gov.uk/HO/circular.nsf/79755433dd36a66980256d4f004d1514/033ab65f7f979fab8025727300397b91%3FOpenDocument+refusing+to+move+for+ambulance+police&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=uk

and 1 of the sections if you cant be botherd to read the whole thing

"Obstructing or hindering

23. The new offence will cover those who without reasonable excuse obstruct or hinder an emergency worker responding to emergency situations. The terms 'emergency worker' and 'emergency circumstances' are described above. Examples of obstruction might include parking where an emergency vehicle cannot get by and refusing to move, or damaging an emergency vehicle or equipment. Obstruction could include giving false information at the scene of an emergency, which would delay or mislead emergency workers. But it would not cover deliberate hoax calls, which are dealt with in other legislation.

24. The obstruction offences are confined to emergency workers and those assisting them. It would be disproportionate to create a general criminal offence of obstruction in all circumstances. But the harm which may be caused by obstructing or hindering an emergency worker in emergency circumstances justifies criminal penalties in the absence of a reasonable excuse for the conduct.

25. The Secretary of State may by order add or remove categories of emergency workers. This allows existing categories of worker to be updated quickly, for example, where a service has changed its name or reorganised. It also allows the Secretary of State to quickly add categories of emergency workers if it becomes apparent that there is a particular problem with a particular category of emergency worker.

Reasonable Excuse

26. It is important that the offence will not apply where the obstruction was inadvertent or unavoidable. The term 'reasonable excuse' will offer a defence to, for example, a person who is in a traffic jam, and causes an obstruction because he cannot get out of the way. Or the necessary road works which may delay an emergency vehicle. It will allow the court to take all the relevant circumstances into account in deciding what is 'reasonable.'"

[Edited on 22-04-2007 by rustyarchs]
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 23:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

yes you are required by law to get out of the way of an emergency vehicle

had to google it for facts but heres all you will need to know

The Emergency Workers (Obstruction) Act 2006

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:FBJ7oerDkaQJ:www.knowledgenetwork.gov.uk/HO/circular.nsf/79755433dd36a66980256d4f004d1514/033ab65f7f979fab8025727300397b91%3FOpenDocument+refusing+to+move+for+ambulance+police&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=uk

and 1 of the sections if you cant be botherd to read the whole thing

"Obstructing or hindering

23. The new offence will cover those who without reasonable excuse obstruct or hinder an emergency worker responding to emergency situations. The terms 'emergency worker' and 'emergency circumstances' are described above. Examples of obstruction might include parking where an emergency vehicle cannot get by and refusing to move, or damaging an emergency vehicle or equipment. Obstruction could include giving false information at the scene of an emergency, which would delay or mislead emergency workers. But it would not cover deliberate hoax calls, which are dealt with in other legislation.

24. The obstruction offences are confined to emergency workers and those assisting them. It would be disproportionate to create a general criminal offence of obstruction in all circumstances. But the harm which may be caused by obstructing or hindering an emergency worker in emergency circumstances justifies criminal penalties in the absence of a reasonable excuse for the conduct.

25. The Secretary of State may by order add or remove categories of emergency workers. This allows existing categories of worker to be updated quickly, for example, where a service has changed its name or reorganised. It also allows the Secretary of State to quickly add categories of emergency workers if it becomes apparent that there is a particular problem with a particular category of emergency worker.

Reasonable Excuse

26. It is important that the offence will not apply where the obstruction was inadvertent or unavoidable. The term 'reasonable excuse' will offer a defence to, for example, a person who is in a traffic jam, and causes an obstruction because he cannot get out of the way. Or the necessary road works which may delay an emergency vehicle. It will allow the court to take all the relevant circumstances into account in deciding what is 'reasonable.'"

must be a recent thing then, as this didnt used to be the case, and there is no set law, its all based on reason. What they are trying to stop in that law is people being badgers and purposely blocking a vehicle.

I agree in this case, jades, that it wasnt reasonable for her to move in such as way as to cause damage to her motor vehicle.

So tbh my point still stands, it was unreasonable to expect her to move, and you dont have to move for emergency vehicles if it is unreasonable to do so

[Edited on 22-04-2007 by Steve]
rustyarchs

22nd Apr 07 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my driving instructor told me how it worked with anything with blue lights maybe 8-9 years ago but maybe it was a lesser offence back then
rustyarchs

22nd Apr 07 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

il quote this again just for you mwah

bugger it il quote this again 2

"btw you dont legally have to move etc for emergency vehicles"

you never mentioned jades case and i dont want anybody getting done for thinking that they could obstruct an emergency vehicle cos they saw it on corsasport

Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 07 at 23:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

il quote this again just for you mwah

quote:
So tbh my point still stands, it was unreasonable to expect her to move, and you dont have to legally move for emergency vehicles if it is unreasonable to do so, which states quite clearly in what you posted

rustyarchs

22nd Apr 07 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv already answerd that i think

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fuming!!! 22 database queries in 0.0147631 seconds