corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » All you cockney rebels and southern fairies

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author All you cockney rebels and southern fairies
fresh_creps

User status: Offline
14th May 07 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some nice places in the hertfordshire area,kings langley's quite nice,got its own station,same line as watford.close to watford,motorways etc
dan_c4rsa

14th May 07 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rickmansworth is where my nan lives - full of old people must be cheap?

haha near watford i think.
SAL
Premium Member

14th May 07 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

radlett...very posh area, no crime rate (if antmashed is at home) you can rent a 1 bed flat from 500 with off street parking etc. radlett has a mainline station which you could walk to from anywhere in radlett, change @ kings cross onto the central line...maximum commute is 1 hour max. radlett is 5 mins from the a1,m1 and m25

could not find a better place to live imo...
MarkM

14th May 07 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent help people...especially Jill...keep the suggestions coming...
antscorsa

14th May 07 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

islington, bromley? shortlands, beckenham!
SAL
Premium Member

14th May 07 at 22:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you want to be north of london imo...commute inwards from any of these places

St albans

Watford

Radlett

Welyn garden city

Stevenage

there all pretty decent areas mate
MarkM

14th May 07 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah north would probably be best as its less distance to travel when going home...

Had a look at Radlett the rent seems ok...would be nice to be a bit cheaper as purpose built apartments are still around the 800 plus mark....
SAL
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep looking around radlett mate, there are loads of places to rent for around the 550-650 mark. there are no council estates around there, so all the flats are private/owned

you can get 2 beds for 750-800 as me and a freind have been keeping an eye on the market around here

also radlett, car insurance is very low compared to ie watford, when i lived in radlett it took, 5 mins to get to the m1, 10 mins to the a1 and the m25 is about 5 mins away. you can also get into the city in about 30 mins and right to the centre in about 45 with no traffic...

try www.barry alsuch.com/co.uk he is the main man around here for renting imo
MarkM

15th May 07 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent Stavs
Shane

15th May 07 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aPk
What about St. Albans/Harpenden....I know someone who lives in Harpenden - decent area and rent ain't too bad on a 1 bed place.

Might be a bit far away though perhaps but is right on the commuter train line....

ive basically lived in both St.albans is a shit hole, and harpenden is posh
Rob R

15th May 07 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant beat Thamesmead, lovely area
dave17

15th May 07 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hayes
West Wickham
Eden Park
Elmers End
Clock House
Beckenham
Sydenham
Catford

Starting from the top, these are very nice areas and on the Hayes -> Charing Cross line. Covent garden is a 10min walk from the station (i used to work there) and the train takes maximum 45mins from Hayes (there are around 15ish stops on the line)

I live in West Wickham, very nice area, so is Beckenham. House prices arent London prices, and have own high streets and big towns (Bromley, Croydon) and also Bluewater shopping centre isnt too far away. You should easily get a place with parking etc.
SAL
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shane
quote:
Originally posted by aPk
What about St. Albans/Harpenden....I know someone who lives in Harpenden - decent area and rent ain't too bad on a 1 bed place.

Might be a bit far away though perhaps but is right on the commuter train line....

ive basically lived in both St.albans is a shit hole, and harpenden is posh

not really shane, there are a few bad bits in st albs like the cotton mill or jersey farm, there not really that bad imo...st albans it self is a very decent area with low crime rate, decent transport links and good hositals near buy.

harpenden is a bit like radlett, but cheaper...its to more stops on the tameslink line which would work out maybe an extra 20 mins either way on the train.

Daimo B

15th May 07 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yay, come live near london, get shafted for everything Its great fun

But the pay is good, and if your big into nightlife, the citys your oyster (but not card).
SAL
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Yay, come live near london, get shafted for everything Its great fun

But the pay is good, and if your big into nightlife, the citys your oyster (but not card).

i agree about being shafted...its hurting me atm
Daimo B

15th May 07 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats a pint in london these days? About £3.50 isn't it in a pub.

I know i've paid £5+ for a bottled beer in a club.
SAL
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 15:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep...
SAL
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not really the beer prices that bother me its the fact that what i apy in rent on a room, up north i could have a house or even in the west country i could have a house...half of my wages from my mian job go straight on my rent staying around here i will never be able to afford to buy a house on the wages i get, which for a gardener are quite good
Daimo B

15th May 07 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Up north, the price I paid for my house, well i know i could have a 5 bedroom, double garage, nice amount of land yadder blah.....

Think I once saw a 3 bedfroom house for £30k up north, dodgey area.

Stay up north.....

Although saying that, we did have the hottest recorded weather in the UK, and we regulary get a hosepipe ban in Kent, so i guess that means the weather can't be all that bad (except this last week ).

Don't work in london, it sucks.
SAL
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true, london is a shit hole...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » All you cockney rebels and southern fairies 22 database queries in 0.0169771 seconds