corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lotus yellow??

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lotus yellow??
CoastalCorsa

User status: Offline
18th May 07 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I buy my paint materials for the following prices and yes i get them cheaper than trade except the paint

Paint - £22.00 per litre
2k Thinners - £7 per litre
2k express Hardner - £7 per litre

then theres costs of wet n dry or scotch pads, then Gun wash, maskin tape, maskin paper, polythene cover

I managed to respray my cousins Hyundai on a £350 budget and any change i had after materials i kept
cossie_corsa

18th May 07 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the point everones trying to make is yeah, his work could be excellent, because he'd be making money from those cars. giving away money is one thing but for him to give up the amount of time it takes to spray a car, corners may get cut because £300 just isn't a lot of money at all. get it done by all means, i hope it turns out ok.
CoastalCorsa

18th May 07 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basicly for £300 you get 2 litres of paint thrown over your roof and they use a space heater to blow it down each panel and you get a nice mess type finish

Honestly tho spend around £500 upwards and get a decent job done

for £300 you wont get your door, boot, bonnet shuts painted.
CoastalCorsa

18th May 07 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like cossie says, it may be a god job,

just ask the questions before saying yes
j

18th May 07 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea i agree, and thanks but im not illiterate at all just didn't have time as was going out, and yes i'v got an attitude because i'v had a pretty crap day and don't appreciate comments like that which are pretty much on every thread now! He quoted £600 at first but then said he could do it a bit cheaper if he had a week or two free, he wouldn't leave it half done or do a crap job, hes a close family friend who has been for around 12 years, hes not likely to leave me with a crap job, hes more bothered about getting the paint used up so its not taking up room in the workshop than making money from me
Superlite Ltd.

19th May 07 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much paint is used re-spraying a corsa?
and what type of paint is used? Cellulose, water based, 2 pac?

I buy and sell paint sometimes for a couple of customers and i swear is doesnt cost that much. Still correct me if im wrong as im no expect on bodywork.

[Edited on 19-05-2007 by Superlite Ltd.]
ed

19th May 07 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, this is £170's worth. There is enough there to do the underside, arches and the rest of the car.
craig8
Premium Member

19th May 07 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Superlite Ltd.

I buy and sell paint sometimes for a couple of customers and i swear is doesnt cost that much. Still correct me if im wrong as im no expect on bodywork.

[Edited on 19-05-2007 by Superlite Ltd.]

well you can buy cheap basecoat from around £25/litre up to whatever you can afford to spend really, the quality is better with the more you spend

the stuff we used in college was about £50/ litre for a straight colour or £75/litre for pearl/metallic

E36 328

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lotus yellow?? 23 database queries in 0.0216179 seconds