corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Tevez to United

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tevez to United
Nath

User status: Offline
5th Jul 07 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
shevchenko is not shit. people are too harsh to jump on this band wagon. he's only had one season in the premiership....very different to serie a, where his record prooves he's one of the best strikers to have graced serie a in recent times.

£30,000,000 should guarentee instant goals tbh.
Cosmo

5th Jul 07 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Fifa should ban that happening what a load of nonsense being owned by a company.

not really.

A lot of the south american players are these days, as the families cant afford to let them carry on playing to maybe one day become a top player, and the clubs cant invest in a lot of them.

So these companies buy them up and house their family, etc. so they are helping the talent come through.

Aslong as the deals arent dodgey like the WHU one and done like how we have with Masch then its no different to another club (who is basically a business) owning them.
Hammer

5th Jul 07 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather the talent shined itself without a multi million pound firm dictating who plays where for their own sakes. The Tevez and Mascherano deals should speak for themselves tbh it's a sham.
Cosmo

5th Jul 07 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'd rather the talent shined itself without a multi million pound firm dictating who plays where for their own sakes. The Tevez and Mascherano deals should speak for themselves tbh it's a sham.

but the talent wouldnt shine as they would never be spotted if the companies didnt provide for them and their families at a young age.

The like of Masch, Tevez, Kaka, etc would not be playing today without companies funding their development.
Dee
Banned

5th Jul 07 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John Wark is owned by MSI as well, rumours are that he is about to come out of retirement to act as Liverpools anchorman.
Cosmo

5th Jul 07 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee
John Wark is owned by MSI as well, rumours are that he is about to come out of retirement to act as Liverpools anchorman.

we can only dream!
Jamie Walby

5th Jul 07 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

but the talent wouldnt shine as they would never be spotted if the companies didnt provide for them and their families at a young age.

The like of Masch, Tevez, Kaka, etc would not be playing today without companies funding their development.

Doesnt Kaka come from a fairly stable back ground?
Cosmo

5th Jul 07 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
Doesnt Kaka come from a fairly stable back ground?

Im mean players like him, that sort of talent. I have no idea of which other players are or have been owned by companies specifically!
Russ

5th Jul 07 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

man utd should be careful, sheff utd will want them stripped of there title at this rate
gianluigi

5th Jul 07 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dee

we can only dream!

i played football against john wark. in a real match. he might have lost what ever pace he had. but he hasnt lost that touch, and the genius of reading the game....and he can still leap like a salmon to win every header
strick206

5th Jul 07 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
ManUre not trying to buy the league again are they...........Rooney and Tevez up front, not sure on that as the two players are pretty similar, not sure how well that would work.

STFU

we havent signed anyone just because we can and to stop other teams signing them, ie SWP

Buying the title, we'll have bought young talent that could be a massive success for us, and help us in the next few years

gotta love chelsea fans
Cosmo

5th Jul 07 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

United summer outlay £70m
Chelsea's average over last 3 years £100m+
strick206

5th Jul 07 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
United summer outlay £70m
Chelsea's average over last 3 years £100m+

fucking average over £100 million

i love the way chelsea are saying there going to win the prem back on the cheap next season, how can they not grasp that it wont be on the cheap as they spent 300million building there squad, they shouldnt need to sign anyone at all

[Edited on 05-07-2007 by strick206]
Cosmo

5th Jul 07 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH though you have spent big this summer so there is a lot of pressure for you to win it back!
strick206

5th Jul 07 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
TBH though you have spent big this summer so there is a lot of pressure for you to win it back!

yes i agree

we are held to ransom most of the time over players we want ie Hargreaves

and signing young players that are well known is never going to be a cheap thing

if smith, heinze and richardson goes that will get a little bit of the money back in.

Im still unsure on this tevez rumour
Cosmo

5th Jul 07 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just think he is too similar to Rooney in the way he plays.

You;d of been much better off getting someone with a load of pace to play on the last man. But I guess Fergie has a plan!
strick206

5th Jul 07 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I just think he is too similar to Rooney in the way he plays.

You;d of been much better off getting someone with a load of pace to play on the last man. But I guess Fergie has a plan!

yeah, if they do get him i hope its on a 12 month loan so they can pull out if they decide against it

we get linked with everyone and everyone though, so it wouldnt suprise me if this is a completely fabricated rumour
Cosmo

5th Jul 07 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To take our Torres thunder

strick206

5th Jul 07 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
To take our Torres thunder

I have hoped united would sign torres for years, but there must have been some reason on why they havent actually tried, maybe fergie see's him as not being as big a hit in the prem

personally i think he is perfect for the prem and its about time liverpool signed a quality player instead of the shit they signed under houllier (sp)
Cosmo

5th Jul 07 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You did try to sign him last summer, but his buyout clause was HUGE, something like £40m. Chelsea bid for him too. Its only lower now due to the fact that he will have a year on his contract (or served 3yrs of it so can buy it out...one or the other!) at the end of his season so could go for cheaper.

And more clubs were in for him this summer but he decided to come to us, so you could of been in again.
strick206

5th Jul 07 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, he was in a shit team at athletico but what is his goal record actually like?

i watched him in the world cup and he was brilliant, but whats he like over the course of a season
Cosmo

5th Jul 07 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
yeah, he was in a shit team at athletico but what is his goal record actually like?

i watched him in the world cup and he was brilliant, but whats he like over the course of a season

Averages at just over 15 a season for Athletico. 14 in 40 games for spain (a lot of sub I think).

Its certainly not the best strike rate, but we shall see how he does with a good midfield behind him.
strick206

5th Jul 07 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i was thinking, 14 goals last season isnt a lot at all

possibly inconsistent, but as you said, with gerard and alonso behind him he should do well
Jason Iles

5th Jul 07 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Torres is a great signing for liverpool I think he will fit in the prem no problem. I'd also put money on him making the top 10 strikers this season.
Dee
Banned

5th Jul 07 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dee

we can only dream!

i played football against john wark. in a real match. he might have lost what ever pace he had. but he hasnt lost that touch, and the genius of reading the game....and he can still leap like a salmon to win every header

Fuck Tevez and Torres, John Wark has more talent than the pair combined.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Tevez to United 23 database queries in 0.0110340 seconds