corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » people that have new cars

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author people that have new cars
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Jul 07 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G
Its a fair point on cheap cars but what do you do if you want a car thats 20k? Would take a good few years to get that sort of cash put aside unless you have a really really well paid job.

As long as you can afford the repayments then I dont see the problem.

You're right, there isn't a problem as long as you pay it. It's just cars are the worst thing for losing you money as it is, without interest on top too!

My saxo was worth half the price of what I actually owed on it after 1 yr (3yr finance). Being tied to a car for 3 years is also a shitter. I get bored after a year.
mwg

12th Jul 07 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are Punto Sportings like on insurance & finance? Diesel aswell...
Edd

12th Jul 07 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt
ive looked a couple of new cars and the zetec s seems to be the right price and looks good but im open to reccomendations

dont buy brand new get nearly new then your budget will open up much better cars still with most of the benefits

fiesta st?
peugeot 206 gti?
clio 172/182?
astra coupe?
Edd

12th Jul 07 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
quote:
Its a fair point on cheap cars but what do you do if you want a car thats 20k? Would take a good few years to get that sort of cash put aside unless you have a really really well paid job.

As long as you can afford the repayments then I dont see the problem.

You're right, there isn't a problem as long as you pay it. It's just cars are the worst thing for losing you money as it is, without interest on top too!

My saxo was worth half the price of what I actually owed on it after 1 yr (3yr finance). Being tied to a car for 3 years is also a shitter. I get bored after a year.

always go hire purchase then after half the term you can just hand it back

mwg

12th Jul 07 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett

Yeah I can see it being a problem if you get bored after a year

I'm going to buy a brand new car next on a PCP over 3 years. Pay less than normal finance every month. And after 3 years will just give it back and get another new one
Kurt

12th Jul 07 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
quote:
Originally posted by Kurt
ive looked a couple of new cars and the zetec s seems to be the right price and looks good but im open to reccomendations

dont buy brand new get nearly new then your budget will open up much better cars still with most of the benefits

fiesta st?
peugeot 206 gti?
clio 172/182?
astra coupe?

hmm supose.. can only really insure a maximum of a 1.6 petrol/2.0 diesel though as my insurance will be too high.. had a claim and always been a named driver
what i wouldnt mind though is a 1.7 dti corsa c but i doubt im likely to find one on a dealers forecourt anymore..

Edit: something like this, shame its too far though
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2005-Vauxhall-Corsa-1-7-CDTi-SRi-a-c-3d-Black_W0QQitemZ190114182727QQihZ009QQcategoryZ9858QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

[Edited on 12-07-2007 by Kurt]
Joe

12th Jul 07 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt, does it not bother you that you will be giving away say £400 a month for 3 years and then at the end you have nothing to show for it?
Edd

12th Jul 07 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yeah I can see it being a problem if you get bored after a year

I'm going to buy a brand new car next on a PCP over 3 years. Pay less than normal finance every month. And after 3 years will just give it back and get another new one

really wouldnt go the pcp way hire purchase is still the best way to pay for a car aside from having real money

if you end up in negative equity hand it back and start from scratch
mwg

12th Jul 07 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by joe6886
Matt, does it not bother you that you will be giving away say £400 a month for 3 years and then at the end you have nothing to show for it?

No it doesn't bother me, its just like renting it really isn't it. Its not like I'd be paying the full cost of the car then giving it back.

It would cost alot more per month to pay the full price of the car off over the 3 years. Then I'd only be selling it at the end of the 3 years anyway.
Little Vik

12th Jul 07 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But a PCP means you can afford a car you might not be able to afford.
theyre arent the best deal for everyone, but for some they are a brilliant way.

cant be bothered to read the whole post but www.lexfreechoice.co.uk do some great online quotes which you can mess about with as much as you want - sorry if someones already posted it!

The best way to buy a car is on interest free credit, but this isnt an option for most people.
A good thing about HP that alot of people dont realise is say you get a 5 year HP deal, you can hand the car back in what ever condition half way through the term and the company cannot chase you for the money to repair the car.

With a PCP you have to keep the car in reasonable condition.

so it may be cheaper in some cases to get a 5 year HP deal and hand it back after 2 and a half then get a 3 year PCP deal.
mwg

12th Jul 07 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Little Vik
But a PCP means you can afford a car you might not be able to afford.
theyre arent the best deal for everyone, but for some they are a brilliant way.

Aye exactly. Like you say its not the best for everyone but I think its the best way for me to do it.
Ben G

12th Jul 07 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres an 18 week delay as they weren't making fiesta zetec s's for a period in the factory apparently.

might be because of the anniversary zetec s which is horrid.

dont quote me on that but my figures are correct, i work for them
Kurt

12th Jul 07 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

saw that on the website, yellow with chequered roof
Ben G

12th Jul 07 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup lol, some bloke bought one from dagenham motors and wrote it off almost straight away think it's the same one fro-dizzle is talking about.

he then bought another and crashed that one too, but has since repaired it
Little Vik

12th Jul 07 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
theres an 18 week delay as they weren't making fiesta zetec s's for a period in the factory apparently.

might be because of the anniversary zetec s which is horrid.

dont quote me on that but my figures are correct, i work for them

Arent they shutting the factorys for holidays at the moment? So all new cars if factory orders are on a slight delay at the mo?
CORSA NUT

12th Jul 07 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish to god i'd never got finance

If there is ANY way of getting the car you want without either getting finance on the car itself or a bank loan then try it first.It might take you longer to get the car you want but take notice from somone who has been there...bought the t-shirt and lost a shit load of money on the way.

DON'T DO IT.
Ben G

12th Jul 07 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shutdown (shutting the factories) starts next friday night

can't wait, 3 weeks off

could be producing less in the run up to shut down though so that could be the reason
Little Vik

12th Jul 07 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember when i used to work at a dealer and they used to shut the factories for retooling or for holiday's used to do my brain in as id have to phone the customer and tell them why their new cars delayed

Back to the topic
if you can save for a car without getting it on finance then it is the best way, but most people are impatient!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » people that have new cars 22 database queries in 0.0205841 seconds