corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Why oh why can't I keep my corsa looking like this? (56k - NO NO!)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Why oh why can't I keep my corsa looking like this? (56k - NO NO!)
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
27th Jul 07 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

set of front coilovers with adjustable topmounts will allow you to run a bit more negative camber meaning the tyre would move away from the arch a bit. 1.5 degree camber and raised about 5mm and it may just fit!
Hamish

27th Jul 07 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 17's fitted fine lowered 40mm, no scrubbing ever but they were et45
Mark.W

27th Jul 07 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that the suspension kit off ebay you were gona change davey?those wheel are stunning way better in silver,how much do these usually cost and whats the offset on them

[Edited on 27-07-2007 by wooly101uk]
deano87

27th Jul 07 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
set of front coilovers with adjustable topmounts will allow you to run a bit more negative camber meaning the tyre would move away from the arch a bit. 1.5 degree camber and raised about 5mm and it may just fit!

Would this not cause uneven tyre wear slightly?
Dave A

27th Jul 07 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe slightly, not excessive though. my tyres dont wear any more unevenly with that setting.
Rick Draper

27th Jul 07 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
Have the wheel turned down slightly and buy some 195/40*17's

He already has 40's

There is a difference between 195/40's and 205/40's

I run 195/40's on my 17*7.5 bbs rc brilliants. Used to have rubbing prbolems with 205's but the 195's have more room.
davey_jack

27th Jul 07 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Dave, I think its already running about 1.5 degrees negative camber! And if Increased it wouldn't it wear the tyres out shockingly quick? You were telling me before about a set of Gaz coilovers with 220lb springs that would give me a reasonable drop with comfort, but do you think the wheels would fit with those on? Alot of people have to use spacers when fitting coilovers apparently and these wheels are 7.5 inches wide!
davey_jack

27th Jul 07 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wooly101uk
is that the suspension kit off ebay you were gona change davey?those wheel are stunning way better in silver,how much do these usually cos and how much are they?

yeah same one that you have I believe (streetline-some cheap brand from holland I think) Thanks for your compliments! these wheels usually cost about £200 each and then you have to buy tyres for them which typically cost about £80 each for some decent ones, but I didnt pay that much for them
Rick Draper

27th Jul 07 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would struggle on the back for clearence with rear coilovers unless you are turriting it.

If you need clearence at the back you can always have mm or 2 machined off the drum face.

[Edited on 27-07-2007 by Rick Draper]
Dave A

27th Jul 07 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont be any problems with those wheels on the coilovers, they wont rub the strut or spring plate.
Icy

27th Jul 07 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

suggest stretched tires too
Mark.W

27th Jul 07 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davey_jack
quote:
Originally posted by wooly101uk
is that the suspension kit off ebay you were gona change davey?those wheel are stunning way better in silver,how much do these usually cos and how much are they?

yeah same one that you have I believe (streetline-some cheap brand from holland I think) Thanks for your compliments! these wheels usually cost about £200 each and then you have to buy tyres for them which typically cost about £80 each for some decent ones, but I didnt pay that much for them

yeah i have the same kit mate i think mines just starting to settle,how long have you the kit fitted on your cos its looking a bit lower than mine but my wheels are 15 so thats maybe why.
TheCam

27th Jul 07 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OMG they are absolutely gorjuz!!!
davey_jack

27th Jul 07 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
wont be any problems with those wheels on the coilovers, they wont rub the strut or spring plate.

what about if I was to get the wheels machined down?
Dave A

27th Jul 07 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shouls be fine. even on my et40 16" wheels that were 7.5" wide I had about 13mm of clearanve and that was with rainsports which are a very wide tyre.
Rick Draper

27th Jul 07 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I run ET45 7.5" wide 17's on my nova with a 3" strut case and mine clear the front fine. You will have no issues on the front.
davey_jack

27th Jul 07 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might stick some standard dampers on with some 30mm lowering springs and see how that works out
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
27th Jul 07 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks lovely that, what are they off? Was thinking Astra Edition 100 but they are all 5 stud?
davey_jack

27th Jul 07 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate, I got them second hand, but the guy before me had them on a polo, but I'm not sure where they came from, I imagine its something VW though, or they are aftermarket.
mwg

27th Jul 07 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks awesome. 17s look great on Corsa's. Mine is lowered 30mm. Only reason mine isn't lower is cos I'd struggle to be able to get up my drive
dna23

27th Jul 07 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look amazing
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
27th Jul 07 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah could have just been aftermarket which makes them even rarer in that fitment

I've always liked these in 16, look fantastic bigger!
John G

27th Jul 07 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just raise the front suspension abit or get coilovers and raise it so it has about 2mm clearance of the wheels, cos as it stands in them pics you wil be stoopid to put the anthracite bbs's back on
Mark.W

27th Jul 07 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these are identical but only in 14"

Daimo B

27th Jul 07 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
maybe slightly, not excessive though. my tyres dont wear any more unevenly with that setting.

I ran a 1mm spacer on the lower bolt on the rear hub on my 15 as they rubbed with people in the car.

It pushed the top in about 1cm. I never suffered any form of un-even tyre wear in about 3 years.

Front end will be different, but having the front wheels cambered outward (bottom) may actually improve the actual stearing and response of the front wheels. But it'll also cause the car to tramline quite badly in droves in the road, so keep a steady hand on the wheel With the fronts, expect to have some tyre wear on the inner edges as Dave has said, but it won't be excessive, and if your that much into your car, its something you will keep an eye on anyway.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Why oh why can't I keep my corsa looking like this? (56k - NO NO!) 22 database queries in 0.0127790 seconds