corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Was "buying house with a friend?" now - Anyone done a 125% mortgage?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Was "buying house with a friend?" now - Anyone done a 125% mortgage?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
20th Aug 07 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the rate on 95% LTV is worse than 80%, I can only imagine that 125 LTV will be absolutely daft money.

You need to look like you have more equity to do a good deal, not tell you them you have less!

Not sure on the legalities of it and you might need to run it by your mortgage company but my initial feelings are that a bank loan in which you friend pays the monthlies would put you in this position.

You also have to decide whether you want to go halves and share the appreciatioin of the property or you buy, he rents and you get the house price increase but also fix whatever breaks.
Matt H

20th Aug 07 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's definately a half & half deal on the house, it's an easier way of getting onto the property ladder for us both

Obviously I'd prefer it if it weren't like that but I could always have a go at blagging my way around it. Might even be a case of having to do it due to credit scores (Mine is better than his, he foolishly decided to not pay his mobile contract over an argument & the bill just kept getting bigger & bigger as the months went on. Where as mine is quite good as I don't miss payments)

As you said you need to look like I have more equity rather than less, but they'd surely question me about the loan payments (plus it would come up in the credit check). Plus paying a mortgage & a loan might be a bit too much, taking into consideration bills, food, council tax, car running costs etc

Any other way around it?
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Aug 07 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The solution to the loan not appearing in your credit check for a house which you are buying is that your friend takes out the loan. Its difficult tbh, particularly as he may not get it based on what you said about his phone bill.

Next step is probably to apply for something and see what comes out on paper. Will give you a benchmark to decide where you need to improve your status if nothing else.
Colin

20th Aug 07 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought you'd bought a house & were doing it up anyway
1_Litre_Porsche_Beater

12th Mar 08 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant believe what you get for your money up there, i paid 170k for a 2 bed masonette with garage

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll