corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Let's see your installs!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Let's see your installs!
boyracer2002

User status: Offline
4th Oct 07 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by giorgio1712
How would I go about making a false floor?
take your carpet out your car, draw round it onto wood and cut out OR get some cardboard cut to shape of your boot put onto wood and cut out then fit
flybikeslee

4th Oct 07 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've never had an install the sense of big subs and everything, i did however have a very powerful amp, 6x9s, 13cm speakers in door cards in the rear and 17cm up front, to be honest i cant be arsed with it anymore. sold the amp and parcel shelf is sat in garage. im only 18 and i've already grown out of it all sights focused on making it faster
Deano_sxi
Banned

4th Oct 07 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that black and silver corsa was mine, shabba!
Iain M

5th Oct 07 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to have them Cerwin vegas in my corsa. I had K&M accoustics near us build a proper ported box for the subs and car. I had no boot what so ever not one bit of room anywhere the box was massive. I ran them with a directed 500 amp. Fuck me that was loud
Daimo B

5th Oct 07 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Cerwins f-ing rocked, literally!!!!!

The outright quality wasn't superb, but they dropped low, and hard, and the actual bassline was a real body basher. I found out that thats what CV were actually known for.

Issue for me was that I had to play drum n bass/jungle type tunes to make use of them, when in fact i should have just got a pair of good 10"s as i like dance/trance type tracks and teh 15"s were sooooooooo the wrong subs for that.

But when that baseline came in, bejesus it hurt your cheast

If only I had two of those Kicker amps........... I dread to think..... (although the outright db level wouldn't have gone up much more, once up to 145db ish, you need kinda double the power... Bit like cars and 150+mph, you need a lot more power as the forces are greater).
Iain M

5th Oct 07 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't too bad as the music i used to play was R&B and hip hop. Mine where 12's though. I agree with what you say though as when i put dance on mine they didn't sound as good, the bass 2wasn't as deep. I miss my tunes at the moment. Gonna be sorted soon though.

I never got round to running the second Directed amp, gutted really. The way i had it set up was one amp running doors, 6x9s and subs. Was gonna fit the other one to run the doors and 6x9's and use the one i had first to run the subs alone.
Learnt the hardway about taking pictures of my install then posting them on the net
taylorboosh

5th Oct 07 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WORKING ON MINE NOEW
Daimo B

5th Oct 07 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a 4 way running the 4 comps, and the big amp running the 2 subs. Lots of fuses, far too much cabling too

Now the car hasn't even got a head unit or any speakers at all
Iain M

5th Oct 07 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines got speakers no headunit. What headunit did you run daimo. I used Alpine as i was told that was best for what i had?
ed

5th Oct 07 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My boot install

Iain M

5th Oct 07 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a work of Art Ed
Daimo B

5th Oct 07 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Iain M
Mines got speakers no headunit. What headunit did you run daimo. I used Alpine as i was told that was best for what i had?

I ran Pioneer head units. I liked the pictures

First I ran a DEH6100 (think that the code), then the revised version (6400), which was much much worse.. Didn't run half the stuff the 6100 did.

Then I changed for a Pioneer DEH8400 (think). Silver, the front slid down to expose the screen behined it. Brilliant head unit, could control all the individual sounds to each of the speakers/subs. Sold it to a friend though.

This was a few years back before all the MP3 type head units started coming out. I think im well behined on my audio knowledge these days

This was the last one I ran...

Iain M

5th Oct 07 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice
Daimo B

5th Oct 07 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was ok, but i sold each of the head units to the same friend and he didn't have anything but trouble with them, had to keep going back to Pioneer for known issues...

Still, they looked pretty and thats all I cared about (and the functions ).

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Let's see your installs! 22 database queries in 0.0136631 seconds