corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My Astra - need input

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Astra - need input
Lee Wilson

User status: Offline
13th Dec 07 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stop being a fanny Ian and buy the Monaro, just think of the sound
grogan

13th Dec 07 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Monaro FTW, but.... you do look happy in this >

Tom

13th Dec 07 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you driven the monaro yet?
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Dec 07 at 11:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah drove a CV8 330hp, was OK, quick enough, nice noise and everything else. I just didn't think it was worth the additional cash for what extra I was getting and what also I was losing.

Re the value of the Astra, its booking at £7k now, I can't see it loosing thousands. I've already taken the major hit since buying it.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

13th Dec 07 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've been harping on about wanting a Monaro for years. You should do it

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Mase
Premium Member

13th Dec 07 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get shot of the astra whilst it still has some value in it and get the monaro. So long as you don't bankrupt yourself fueling it you may as well.... you only live once!

Mase
Matt H

13th Dec 07 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The question should be "red or black?" not "astra or monaro?"

Get the monaro & then use the gsi a bit more to run about in. Get your moneys worth out of that. Just keep the v8 for special occasions, shows & lending out to your mates who live in south yorkshire
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Dec 07 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good points well put.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Dec 07 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'l love the monaro more imo
random dav
Premium Member

13th Dec 07 at 14:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get it bought

WRLFC !

Project cars
TheCam

13th Dec 07 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can afford it, get the Monaro.
If its goni leave you struggling then keep the Astra.

off topic - random dav, what wheels are those on your car. me likes

[Edited on 13-12-2007 by TheCam]
Jay

13th Dec 07 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheCam

off topic - random dav, what wheels are those on your car. me likes

[Edited on 13-12-2007 by TheCam]

New shape Corsa SXi?
Jay

13th Dec 07 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id say go for the Monaro if you can afford it and its what youve wanted, but as you mentioned, the running costs are going to be annoyingly bad, thats the only thing that would be the against for me, not an Astra, although ive never been attached to a car so.

Black Monaro
Matt H

13th Dec 07 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.monarosport.co.uk
Graham88

13th Dec 07 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Monaro, don't be gay.
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Dec 07 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Asked my dad.

"What do you want one of those silly big cars for its not even a convertible can't you just use the Land Rover if you want a big car and if you want to pose get one of those little BMW ZX81s"
Nick-S

13th Dec 07 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Monaro

gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Dec 07 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would you be financially able to keep both cars for a short time? As if the monaro is a good price could you sell on shortly at little or no cost if you begin to feel you have made the wrong choice? Then you also have the astra to jump straight back into.

PS we will notice if the running costs are getting to you, when the premium membership cost £18 or something next year

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
corsa_nation

13th Dec 07 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

monaro for sure - get a poll up and see what people vote for
Jambo

13th Dec 07 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Astra is an ace car, but the fact youve taken all the depreciation hit with it makes me say if it isnt broken, and you enjoy it then dont sell it.

The monaro will undoubtably be a "better" car, and much more exclusive, its just going to burn money.

So id stop looking at which is the better car and ask yourself the boring lifestyle questions, such as:

Can you afford the monaro? Will the fuel bills quash your spending on other things? Would it benefit you in anyway over the astra practicality wise? (like err going to safari parks ) Any other commitments going to suffeR?

Err yeah.

So in short, its not so much the car, whether you mind fronting the cash to run that AND the 4x4 you have

[Edited on 13-12-2007 by Jambo]
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

13th Dec 07 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My cousin bought one last year, never looked back since.

Loves it to bits, gets driven everyday.

Will turn more heads than the astra even when your posing with your roof down, and imagine you'l get much more of a thrill driving it.

They seem to loose money like a big fat hole in your pocket mind but to think the first owner has lost half the cars value atleast, your never going to loose that much more.

I would say sell the astra and just bite the bullet on the Monaro

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
AndyKent

13th Dec 07 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much did you loose on the Astra?
How much are you likely to loose over a similar period on the Monaro?

I would guess, looking at their used prices, there there won't actually be that much in it given someone else has already taken the first hit.
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Dec 07 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Astra was £21

Its basically the same money again as I paid, with the exception that this time I have equity in the px. Last time I only put in a grand. This time I'm putting in the value of the Astra.

So its actually cheaper than the Astra was. But also I've bought a flat in the interim so I'm not in the same position to buy it without really worrying.

The money isn't the major thing, its the value. ie. all that cash and its not a wow car. When I went from Corsa to Astra, the coupe was clearly a boss car compared to the old one. The convertible was quicker and a convertible over the coupe.

The Monaro is not a convertible, which is its major flaw. Plus its quicker but really, how fast do you need to go

When I first saw it I was well up for doing the deal there and then.

Then I got the value for mine and I was thinking its loads of money for not much benefit.

Now I'm thinking its potentially a good car but I just need to have a go and see if I love it. If not, sell it and buy a twin top and get back to being a hairdresser when the sun comes out next year.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Dec 07 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why does it have to be a convertible? personally id rather a hard top over a convertible anyway?
AndyKent

13th Dec 07 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Consider yourself in a great position that you can go into a test drive with an open mind. If it doesn't blow you away, perhaps it isn't the right thing to do, if you know what I mean.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My Astra - need input 23 database queries in 0.3658869 seconds