corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » People at the gym make me laugh

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People at the gym make me laugh
AdZ9

User status: Offline
8th Jan 08 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its to do with your body tapping into its stores to perform the cardio/weights. ITs best to do your weights first whilst you aren't fatigued so it can use the body stores properly, by the time you've done your weights your body will be tapping into fat stores so if you do steady/easy cardio for 35min after you'll already be in the fat burning zone.
AdZ9

8th Jan 08 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't want to burn any muscle away that you have, muscle = metabolism = fat burning
Rebecca

8th Jan 08 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That does actually make sense.

I got told to do it the other way round by my trainer at the gym...

Cardio, weights then abs...

I'll try it the other way round today.
AdZ9

8th Jan 08 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In all fairness, most trainers at the gym don't know anything. They do a easy course anyone can do and get labelled as PT's.

When you do weights your not burning calories, what happens when you do weights is your raising your metabolism, which will help you keep burning energy after the gym. When you do cardio you should be doing it at a steady pace (at a pace you could hold a conversation with whilst doing it) to burn fat. It takes usually 20mins for your body to enter the state where it will be burning fat, so you effectively only spend 15min in the zone, if you get your body pumped up on the weights and get your heart rate going by the time you get to the cardio you'll be in the zone, spending 35min in it and not 15.

1lb of fat is 3500 calories, so you need to burn off 3500 calories a week to lose 1 lb. Sounds alot but its not when you have a strict diet which you lose say 250 cal from a day, and then the gyms 500 odd you burn means y ou'll be burning close to 7000 a week which = 2lb a week.

If you want to read up more about it try www.muscletalk.co.uk and read the articles, they have a ladies section to with lots of info, very useful as the women who moderate it are sound as a pound.
Rebecca

8th Jan 08 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you...

Yeah I dont over do the cardio, I could hold a conversation whilst doing it...

I've always been good on the bikes and just find it really easy.

Cant run for shit though!

I'll have a look on there. Cheers.

x
Rebecca

8th Jan 08 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did it the other way round today. Felt a bit better.
johnhara1

8th Jan 08 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last night was my 1st day back at the gym in 4 weeks.

Was surprised to find 0 new faces in the gym after the new year

Expected not to be able to lift anything remotely heavy but how wrong was i the break has done me the world of good seemed to blitz through 100kg bench press for 10 then 110kg for 6 followed by a few sets of incline dumb bell press 30kg for 10 then 40kg for 8

Then the usual flyes, cables, machines etc

Im sore today tho

[Edited on 08-01-2008 by johnhara1]
Rebecca

8th Jan 08 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sooooo weak.

I upped all mine a little today...
Marc

13th Jan 08 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 more people joined this morning! Pretty sure at least one person has joined every time I've been so far this year!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » People at the gym make me laugh 23 database queries in 0.0141299 seconds