corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Think this is fair...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Think this is fair...
Colin

User status: Offline
4th Jan 08 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How long did you own the car before selling it on?
Rob B

4th Jan 08 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
I bought the car off rob initially and waited months for papers to come through from the DVLA but they never arrived because they were never recieved by the DVLA from Rob. I ended up paying to get the V% form and it took months to arrive. I agreed to hold the plate for rob as long as he paid the transfer fee and the cost of the new plates but transfer was never completed and the car was sold on. new owner registered the car in his name and its now back on the road as R8BYB

new owners name is Dan, and to date as far as I know no defeinite decision has been made about what to do with the plate, I am sure if you offer to cover the costs he will sort it out for you as he is a good lad although I know the plate was recently valued at around £1200 with the R8 connection.

should have sorted the issue a lot sooner, its nearly 18 months on now......

[Edited on 04-01-2008 by Dave A]

Just to make it clear im not saying i was right in anyway, im just saying ive offered him some money, aswell as to cover all costs which IMO is fair, yes i should of soted the plate sooner, but now im offering money for it back.
Colin

4th Jan 08 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think my plate will go up in value what with the Citroen C8
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

4th Jan 08 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will be speaking to Dan at some point tomorrow Rob, I will see what he is thinking and get some background info for you.

Rob B

4th Jan 08 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, ive got the cash for it right now, so tell him to drop me a u2u, but im not going higher on my offer as ill just buy

R8B CU instead .
Eck
Premium Member

4th Jan 08 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R8B CU is better anywaySod the cunt.
Colin

4th Jan 08 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being honest Rob your deal was with Dave, you didnt take the plate back as agreed in the couple months he had it, the car was sold. You cant really say you had a agreement with the current owner.

TBH see if you can come up with some agreement now, he obviously doesnt want the plate but would like to mke some coin on it. £100 is an ok offer but he thinks its worth more, if its been valued at 1200 thats rediculous - good luck trying to get that much. IMO its not worth any more than the standard 250 the DVLA sell such plates for!!
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

4th Jan 08 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rob, PM me the offer you want to make him as he probably hasnt seen it if you u2u'd it to him. hes never online and never reads them as far as I know.
Rob B

4th Jan 08 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Being honest Rob your deal was with Dave, you didnt take the plate back as agreed in the couple months he had it, the car was sold. You cant really say you had a agreement with the current owner.

TBH see if you can come up with some agreement now, he obviously doesnt want the plate but would like to mke some coin on it. £100 is an ok offer but he thinks its worth more, if its been valued at 1200 thats rediculous - good luck trying to get that much. IMO its not worth any more than the standard 250 the DVLA sell such plates for!!

Godddd have i not made it clear that im aware its my fault !

Im just saying i dont think its worth anymore than me giving him an 100 quid lol
Colin

Or just buy R8BCU agree with Eck its a better plate, how much is it 250??
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 08 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think my plate will go up in value because there are 4 wheels on my car

£1200 is too much tbh. Its a well known fact that plate valuations are massively optimistic because the vendors want the stock on their books and a higher price means more commission.

Actually selling plates is a different matter.

Not to mention the fact that there are still 148 R8B plates up on DVLA SOM for £250 all in if you want Rob in there and well over 1000 R8 plates if you have an Audi.

It's worth what buyer and seller agree. I think this guy is at liberty to price it where he wants - it's his property - he just might wait a while for anything over a few hundred quid.

By covering costs - do you mean you want to pay £80? I don't think you can pull the moral stance here. If you want morals, buy a dog. This is money.
Rob B

Yes dont buy it u badger

Ian i mean, 80 quid transfer, petrol cost for him to go to DVLA office, 30 quid for him to get himself some new plates too. plus 100 for himself.

[Edited on 04-01-2008 by Rob B]
mwg

I'd forget it and get another one.

When I was selling my Corsa I didn't want to risk selling it with the plate on in case someone pulled a fast one. Plenty of people said they would buy it and then let me transfer the plate afterwards but I dont trust anyone!
Colin

4th Jan 08 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
quote:
Originally posted by Colin

Godddd have i not made it clear that im aware its my fault !

Im just saying i dont think its worth anymore than me giving him an 100 quid lol

From your 1st post I took it that the current owner was the one you sold to. But its not so all deals are off!

Its going to cost you £80 to transfer it, so £180 to have it back....its maybe worth a little more but not much!!
Rob B

4th Jan 08 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH i thought it was Colin, i did deal with Dave, but he told me he was sorting it for someone else, ( the car ) not for him..
dan-h

4th Jan 08 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

point is, i didnt buy the car directly from you, the plate is mine now (included in cost of whole rolling shell i bought) i willl not lose money by giving you a plate back for you paying a transfer fee, and to publicise this on an internet forum instead of directly taking your issue up with me is a bt pathetic really
Carl

4th Jan 08 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've just purchased R8B CU, want to buy it for 500 quid?
Rob B

4th Jan 08 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is it pathetic Dan, and i offered you 100 not just to cover costs.
Rob B

4th Jan 08 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carl
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 08 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
80 quid transfer, petrol cost for him to go to DVLA office, 30 quid for him to get himself some new plates too. plus 100 for himself.
If my name was Dan and I had a plate with Rob on I would probably go for that. Perhaps if I could cut out the faffing about queueing at the DVLA portion. £100 quid for himself is better than a kick up the ass. He'll know that he'll need to stand the 80 quid himself and do all that messing if he sells it himself to compete with DVLA stock.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 08 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dan-h
i willl not lose money by giving you a plate back for you paying a transfer fee, and to publicise this on an internet forum instead of directly taking your issue up with me is a bt pathetic really
He's just after advice, which he's got. I also think he's after making sure you are not out of pocket at all. Fair I say but obviously you call - it's your car.
Tommy L

4th Jan 08 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R8B CU is a better plate tbh
Colin

4th Jan 08 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
80 quid transfer, petrol cost for him to go to DVLA office, 30 quid for him to get himself some new plates too. plus 100 for himself.
If my name was Dan and I had a plate with Rob on I would probably go for that. Perhaps if I could cut out the faffing about queueing at the DVLA portion. £100 quid for himself is better than a kick up the ass. He'll know that he'll need to stand the 80 quid himself and do all that messing if he sells it himself to compete with DVLA stock.

Ditto. Theres several pages with them here for £170 + 80 fee.

£100 for doing nothing sounds ok to me!
Carl

4th Jan 08 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:

Depend how much extra Dave priced it for having a private plate on in the other transaction.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 08 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan will know what it stands him and Rob will know what he's prepared to go to. I don't see Daves figures affecting things so much.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Think this is fair... 22 database queries in 0.0130489 seconds