corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » irmscher aidam copies are finally made!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author irmscher aidam copies are finally made!!!
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 08 at 15:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont see what the problem with what i said was, i said they dont look bad quality for fibreglass but they wont be better than the original.

people who dont know anything about the materials may buy them thinking they are actually getting a better product then the original, i was pointing this out, not slating the work

[Edited on 23-01-2008 by Steve]
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

23rd Jan 08 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree steve, they wont be as good as a plastic item but they are relatively cheap compared to genuine ones.
will_ainsworth

23rd Jan 08 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
why do people on here whinge so much?

I think they look great and good on will for making a product that people want, price could be improved on maybe but they look like a good product at a decent price to me.

cheers! as i put aswell probably 200, that is becasue the people making them are asking a bit too much for them to be made at the moment, so this means profit for the company isnt much atall (pennies tbh!!)
so if this doesnt change i would recon they will be 200, if not mb even cheeper, but if there are quite a few orders i dont see why they shouldnt drop the price etc,, (group buys!!)
SAL
Premium Member

23rd Jan 08 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they look good, doubt they are better quility then the original...do these come with the side mounts that you need ? other wise they will hang like 10 inch cock
will_ainsworth

23rd Jan 08 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i think they have been sorted stavs ill have to ask tbh tho i didnt look!

i know for definate they have the side mounts at the top like the original, and oviously the two brackets, would need to check the rest

[Edited on 23-01-2008 by will_ainsworth]
JonnyJ

23rd Jan 08 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
they look good, doubt they are better quility then the original...do these come with the side mounts that you need ? other wise they will hang like 10 inch cock

agree with mr stavros here. Well played will, they look smart, have to see what one looks like fitted.
Fonz
Premium Member

23rd Jan 08 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as someone who owns a GENUINE Irmy Air dam i must congratulate the team on the looks. they from those photos look spot on

i do however agree witht Steve, plastic is better. an Irmy Air Dam maybe "flimsy" as you put it, but no more so than a standard front or rear bumber on a Corsa.
i would definately have to see one in person before i considered buying one for that price. as Dave said could be worked on.
SAL
Premium Member

23rd Jan 08 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are some meatl peices that screw onto the car, looks like the one you sold to jahunt is hanging as it doesnt have the metal hanger's as such
Steve
Premium Member

fibreglass is a stiffer material, but also more brittle, plastic flexes more but as a result isnt prone to chipping quite as easily and wont smash to pieces so easily in a knock

[Edited on 23-01-2008 by Steve]
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

23rd Jan 08 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the flimsiness that gives them there strength in all honestly, as it allows for any small impacts - whether that be a car park bump, a tap into a wall, or just grounding out on a kerb or speedbump, whereas fibreglass will crack due to its impact properties not being like those of ABS.

However, having said that and owning a fibreglass racing boat, I know it will stand up to most things a lot better than expected - you really do have to hit these things hard to crack them!

Edit: Pretty much what Steve said above.

[Edited on 23-01-2008 by tom_simes]
ash87

23rd Jan 08 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good work Will they look nice, be good to see it on a car
deano87

23rd Jan 08 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
Its the flimsiness that gives them there strength in all honestly, as it allows for any small impacts - whether that be a car park bump, a tap into a wall, or just grounding out on a kerb or speedbump, whereas fibreglass will crack due to its impact properties not being like those of ABS.

I agree - I reversed into a low wall at Willays house, because I couldn't see it in my mirrors made a pretty loud bang and scrap, sounding like it was hanging off. Only damage was a few chips out of the paint - I imagine plastic just meant it flexed. Fibreglass could have just shattered I guess.

But fair play Will for doing it - you could try selling one on eBay as a replica (if eBay rules allow) and see how much the average joe buys one for.
ed

23rd Jan 08 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by will_ainsworth
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
no chance is fibreglass better than the original plastic ones, but they dont look bad for fibreglass

ye but the irmy plastic is reli flimsy, thats what i mean...
That's how bumpers are meant to be. A car is supposed to be able to withstand an impact below somethin gin the region of 5mph (car park speeds) and suffer no damage. This is why when you put fibreglass bodykits and tell your insurer about it they add on such a premium.
ed

23rd Jan 08 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, too late again
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

23rd Jan 08 at 16:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey will get some fitted to a corsa, that should seal your fate I think
jr

23rd Jan 08 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I wouldn't bother offering painting as an option TBH, that's just asking for trouble, the colour probably won't match, paint is mroe likely to get damaged in transit than bare fiberglass, it's just more hassle than it's worth IMO.
JonnyJ

23rd Jan 08 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
Jahunt has one fitted to his, looks pretty good imo.

Thats wills old gen one i think fro
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

23rd Jan 08 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hence why Fro deleted the comment Jonny
RCoughtrie

23rd Jan 08 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Superb

U2U'd
JonnyJ

23rd Jan 08 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
Hence why Fro deleted the comment Jonny

The cheeky swine
16V_1600

23rd Jan 08 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't usually like bodykits on Corsas but that looks pretty trick
Joe

23rd Jan 08 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think we all understand that plastic is better but these are alot cheaper and readily available. I say well done for organising it, they do look pretty good. As already said though I wouldn't offer the paint option, it will either be the wrong colour, get damaged or someone will moan about the quality of work,
Fonz
Premium Member

23rd Jan 08 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stavs
there are some meatl peices that screw onto the car, looks like the one you sold to jahunt is hanging as it doesnt have the metal hanger's as such

point well made!!
i didnt fit mine but i've seen the attachment points.....
will_ainsworth

10th Apr 08 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right these are still going to be made, had a few problems with the people making them but thats all sorted now! so whats going to happen is, as we cant get hold of a corsa to fit it, the company told me to say first one can be sold for 150 (50 quid off) as long as they fit it and send me some pics etc... postage will be 30quid,

chrisj_88 has first dibs as he was the one who reminded me of the bumpers!
if he doesnt want it someone else can buy and fit it etc...
then after that i think they are wanting 200 per bumper and spraying and postage is extra....

dont spam this thread saying how the colours wont match 100% because of old paint on new paint, doesnt take a clever person to understand paint can fade over time! the paint used will be original standard colours unless other colours are needed etc....

also if you look back to first post, you would have a choice of what you want as the foglight holes ..

[Edited on 10-04-2008 by will_ainsworth]
Corsa_Scotty

10th Apr 08 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks spot on will Will people stop moaning about the price as thats a bargain compared to Genuine Irmy Airdams,so want one now

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » irmscher aidam copies are finally made!!! 22 database queries in 0.1625769 seconds