corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 5 Years driving, had to have a crash sometime right? *UPDATE 26/2/08 car = dead*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 5 Years driving, had to have a crash sometime right? *UPDATE 26/2/08 car = dead*
AdZ9

User status: Offline
24th Jan 08 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the advice guys, i did panic reading my insurance would go up, not good as im planning on getting a new car before march! Doesn't look like it will go up though as it wasn't my fault and they have said the other person was 100% at fault!

Jules cheers for that info, i'll make sure i speak to my insurers. My car is actually a 5dr CDX so i'm hoping it will come as standard but i'll have to double check with them when i next speak to them. Hopefully thats all i'll need to change which should be nice an easy. I have no modifications on the car anyway (except the old clear repeaters) so alls ok on that front.

Was in the queue for lunch bout an hour ago and someone was telling another guy he was tailed back all along the a27 for about 20min this morning, and the other guy said he heard it on the radio so i just made sure i stayed quiet!
Colin

24th Jan 08 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got hit from behind & my insurance didnt go up.
JonnyJ

24th Jan 08 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got hit by one guy who forgot which side of the roundabout he was meant to give way to and ploughed into the side of me, he admitted fault, went through insuance, never went up for me, cant see yours going up Ad
M2RTY

24th Jan 08 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did an online quote with an accident (not my fault) and without it

went up 25%

Ive not had a claim, was just interested to see what would happen
Colin

24th Jan 08 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have to declare that though? On the online forms it says claims in past 3yrs, now if its been settled by the other party without your ins co having to do a thing then its not really a claim is it
John

24th Jan 08 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you claimed through your insurance, even if fully recovered, it is definitely a claim yes, whether you would get caught or not is a different matter.

Through their insurance you wouldn't have to declare no.

[Edited on 24-01-2008 by John]
barter

24th Jan 08 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no john sorry from my experience your wrong as claims are from your insurence.adz wont being using his insurence.matey who hit him insurence will pay for the damage etc so adz still wouldnt of claimed.
John

24th Jan 08 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask the insurance, that would be the best way, I have and was given that answer.
carribicbaby
Banned

24th Jan 08 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to hear that mate
barter

24th Jan 08 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

john are you sure you wanst at fault with your crash because all your answers seem to be the oposite.and the only thing i can work out is you feal that it wasnt?
John

24th Jan 08 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

None of the crashes i'm talking about were me, only crash i've had i totalled it at high speed with no other cars involved, i've dealt with a few though and if you call your insurance to claim, even when your insurance recover all the money you have still claimed although non fault, why are the options there on insurance forms if what you are saying is correct
barter

24th Jan 08 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my point is everyone replying on this topic has gone against you thought opinons etc and most of it is rubbish.
ainsley_brader

24th Jan 08 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usually 1 no fault claim won't affect your insurance, but if you have 2 then you can expect a small rise. The reason being if 2 people have driven into the back of you then although it may not be your fault you are still clearly a higher risk.

For example (not the case here I add) it could be that you like to brake hard in front of people for a claim.

So no faults can affect insurance.

As for the police getting involved where whiplash is involved I have never read something so funny!
AdZ9

25th Jan 08 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a phonecall off my insurance today asking for more details such as "did i swerve into his lane" etc so what do you reckon, they've got in contact with him and hes tried to say i swerved infront of him?

He hasn't got a leg to stand on imo, she asked if i hit anyone in front of me and i replied "nope i was at a safe distance from the car infront of me before the crash and still at a good distance after i was pushed forward" and she asked if it was at traffic lights etc (it wasn't)

I had a quick glance this morning behind the bumper by just pulling it out a bit, it looks like a bit of rust was gathering just below the lights and boot and where it was shunted it may of made it break,
Edd

25th Jan 08 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he's probably chancing his arm but as you said he doesnt have a leg to stand on
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

25th Jan 08 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just tell them you were stationary at the time (which you were), cars had stopped in front of you so you stopped quickly and he went into the back of you as he didnt brake in time, job done

[Edited on 25-01-2008 by Tom J]
craig8
Premium Member

25th Jan 08 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I'm telling you from experience a couple of weeks ago that even in a minor accident the one going into the back gets done for careless driving, especially annoying when it's obvious the arse infront is only trying to make a couple of k, causes a lot of hassle for the person going into the back whether it doesn't cost them money directly or not.

funny that, i went into the back of someone, woman needed an ambulance as she was not long out of an operation and was in alot of pain due to the seatbelt being where the cuts were, so im sure she claimed for that and whiplash and the police who were on the scene didnt even mention anything about careless driving

E36 328
AdZ9

21st Feb 08 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*UPDATE*

Got my courtesy car today, my cars being picked up at lunch time to go to Havant to be looked at.
My courtesy car is a Chevrolet Kalos, apparently its a 1.4 but it feels slow as shit but has nice gadgets, only done 800 miles aswell. Should have it for about a week or so.

I cleaned out my car at the weekend and cleaned it, checked spare wheel and saw the boot floor was creased and the spare wheel well was slightly disfgured, so i'm hoping it will be a write off.
I will need a new CDX bumper and valance, painted, new boot lid and bootfloor by the looks of it, so should be a write off. All depends how it goes on the jig though I suppose.

[Edited on 21-02-2008 by AdZ9]
Ricky352

21st Feb 08 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice courstasy car

I remember someone hit the back my corsa, remember hearing the tyres sceeching and waiting for them to hit - just as you described it. Not nice!

I still get a bit nervous if people are braking hard behind me.
AdZ9

21st Feb 08 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They wanted to give me a Ford Ka but i refuse to drive a piece of shit like that

I was nervous for a week after, but now i'm back to normal (well as normal as can be)
WU-TANG- DAN

21st Feb 08 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a crash a few weeks ago at a junction and being 3rd party have had to fix my car myself.

im not looking forward to getting back on the road, im on a pass plus course now as well...

im gunna give up drivin whilst i go to uni i think, i when i come back to it the first thing im doing is buying a fully comp policy with fuck all excess!
AdZ9

26th Feb 08 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE

Just spoke to Direct Line, cars been written off, beyond economical repair or somethin along those lines. I'm happy its written off as I need a new car and wanted rid of the one i had.
Shit thing is they valued it at £954 and as I can't prove it was serviced in 12months its -£100 so only 854 i'm getting. Not to bothered as i have £650 left on my loan so I can pay that off and get another one for about 5-6k.

Now I need to narrow down what car I want/can get with about 5-6k and make sure its a car I want. I do about 10k a year mileage so i'd be looking at adding 30k to the mileage of the car over the 3 yrs!

Think i want something VAG or something fast(ish) but comfortable to, quite newish so i'm guessing about 2000 onwards aswell. So far i've been thinking of

Astra MK4 SRi/GSi (doubt i'd get a GSi in price range)
Clio 172
Golf MK4 GTI (not to sure as they seem a bit boring)
SEAT Ibiza Cupra/Cupra R (again not sure if in price range)

What else do people reckon? I'm 22 with 3yrs NCB (thought i had 4 but apparently now its 3!) Insurance shouldn't be so much of a problem. Quite alot of things lower it as my area is a low crime rate, work is parked in a secured private carpark etc
AdZ9

26th Feb 08 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh add Audi A3 to that list to, I like them but unsure of how much i'll get for my price range.

Just seen a few of the old Focus ST 170s 2002 models in my range to

*edit* and just seen the Astra 2.0 Turbo coupes, quite like them

[Edited on 26-02-2008 by AdZ9]
AdZ9

26th Feb 08 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After looking through more pics of the irmscher astra coupe i'm swaying towards the coupes. I've always liked them, think it would have to be the 2.0 turbo version though, not to sure what the 2.2s are like?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/379467.htm
whitter45

26th Feb 08 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Do you have to declare that though? On the online forms it says claims in past 3yrs, now if its been settled by the other party without your ins co having to do a thing then its not really a claim is it

Yes most insurance companies now ask if ypu have had any cliams over the past 3 years regardless of fault

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 5 Years driving, had to have a crash sometime right? *UPDATE 26/2/08 car = dead* 23 database queries in 0.0153480 seconds