corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Really Low MPG In 1.2 8v something is wrong (UPDATE PAGE 2)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Really Low MPG In 1.2 8v something is wrong (UPDATE PAGE 2)
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Jan 08 at 23:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 106gti was cheap to run compared to my leon
22B

25th Jan 08 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
my 106gti was cheap to run compared to my leon

My VTS was an absolute pain in general, used to cut out when under a quarter tank of fuel especially on hills, would just die until you came to a stop and then wouldnt start for 5-10 mins, thats the only reason I got rid of it, brilliant car when I first got it, developed a high rpm misfire aswell. pretty sure it was the fuel pump but got fed up of it being sat in front of my house on the road for 5 weeks straight as it wouldnt start. So in summary it was cheap to run during those 5 weeks lol
mattyross

25th Jan 08 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get 60 miles to £10 in my 1.2 8v now
it is in good condition and i do drive sensibly
WU-TANG- DAN

26th Jan 08 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i had a 1.2 8v i thought it was ok on fuel actually.
Revolver

26th Jan 08 at 02:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 1.6 sport drank petrol pretty badly.
S@M

26th Jan 08 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 1.2 8v was better on fuel than my current gsi. Can get about 60 mile to a tenner now.
GT190

26th Jan 08 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 1.2 16v drinks fuel.

right foot is a bit heavy at times though.
Mark.W

30th Jan 08 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i think i have worked this out correctly,please correct me if im wrong.

i put £20 in my car last wednesday and only got 84 miles out of it,iv just had to put another £20 in yesterday bcos my petrol light was on and the petrol station i went to cost £1.04p per litre and i think 1 gallon is just under 4 litres so basically i put approx 5 gallon in which is £20 approx and like i said i only got 84 miles of that so if im correct doest that mean i only got 17mpg

can a garage do anything to check it out you think?
Ren

30th Jan 08 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends really. The petrol needle and light themselves are highly inaccurate. Let your tank run dry, and then top it up to the maximum. Drive normally, and then work out your MPG from there.

I put in £10 in the corsa, and it gets me approx 70miles before the petrol light comes on, but I can keep going up to 100 before it starts chugging. Focus more on the red needle then the red light, because it has a habit of comin on even when my tank is nowhere near empty.
Mark.W

30th Jan 08 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ren
Depends really. The petrol needle and light themselves are highly inaccurate. Let your tank run dry, and then top it up to the maximum. Drive normally, and then work out your MPG from there.

I put in £10 in the corsa, and it gets me approx 70miles before the petrol light comes on, but I can keep going up to 100 before it starts chugging. Focus more on the red needle then the red light, because it has a habit of comin on even when my tank is nowhere near empty.

i see what you mean,if i do that id be fightend case i run out in a middle of a journey tho.is there any other way?

what size engine is in your corsa mate?
Mark.W

30th Jan 08 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wooly101uk
quote:
Originally posted by Ren

i see what you mean,if i do that id be fightend case i run out in a middle of a journey tho.is there any other way?

what size engine is in your corsa mate?

my needle was almost on the bottom of the red just b4 i put another £20 in.
Ren

31st Jan 08 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.2 16v C
Kurt

31st Jan 08 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im only getting 88 miles atm too... same 1.2 8v engine.. but mine is overfuelling anyway as i fitted a larger tb, inlet and injector and never got round to doing the cam..

but i doubt yoiuve done the same mods?
waters

31st Jan 08 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just recon'd my 1.2 8v....if i drive steady it'll do 48miles to gallon.....If i thrash it it does about 30 to gallon.

besides the point really as I'm considering a red top conversion....just thought I'd let you know.
Skylined

31st Jan 08 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to get at least 80 miles off a tenner in mine
pow
Premium Member

31st Jan 08 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Neo's 1.2 8v used to do worse than my Ibiza - giving it DEATH
dannymccann

31st Jan 08 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the 8v 1.4 SRi, my girlriend drove it mainly and I would give it a little bit of stick on weekends, £40 filled it up and only after 400 miles would the fuel light think about coming on. When we went down to London and back on the motorways I was doing some calculations and we ended up getting near on 45mpg at 60-70, had about 550 miles out of it

edit - come to think of it it was shite when just stood idling in traffic, used shit loads, but when it was running used lots less

[Edited on 31-01-2008 by dannymccann]
corsa_nation

31st Jan 08 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pow - what do you get from your ibiza when you are killing it and when you are chilling it?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

31st Jan 08 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fill it up dude. Tell us what you get to a tank

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Richie

31st Jan 08 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taking the piss on my Megane (foot down everywhere)... at worst I get 600 odd miles out of a tank which costs about £55.

Driving like a granny that usually causes the EGR to block up and the engine management light to come on, I get anything between 650 and 750. Record so far is 66mpg on a 400 mile round journey

[Edited on 31-01-2008 by Richie]
pow
Premium Member

31st Jan 08 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_nation
pow - what do you get from your ibiza when you are killing it and when you are chilling it?

280 is the worst I've had - £41-2 quids worth at £1.11 a litre, done 400 miles on the same amount.
sand-eel

31st Jan 08 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GT190
my 1.2 16v drinks fuel.

right foot is a bit heavy at times though.

mine is not bad about 80-90 to a tenner

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll