corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 18yr old + 2008 M5 .......

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 18yr old + 2008 M5 .......
corsaloon

User status: Offline
31st Jan 08 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats sad like. seems you hear about things like this on the news far too often these days.

think i will stick to my 1.0l just now

[Edited on 31-01-2008 by corsaloon]
JinThaMC

31st Jan 08 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
Insanity and inevetible in some way or another. 18 years old (limited road experience) and allowed to drive a 500 BHP car, crazy

[Edited on 31-01-2008 by _Allan_]

In that case everyone has limited road experience
_Allan_

1st Feb 08 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JinThaMC
In that case everyone has limited road experience

They do at 18 what's your point?. There is not many talented young drivers despite what they think, that can handle 500 BHP having only been on the road a year or two. I agree with Ash for some sort of CC/BHP restriction should be in place for a certain time period.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

1st Feb 08 at 07:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Adam-D

1st Feb 08 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you see i feel bad and no one should have to go through it

but i also thought to myself,
"wonder what the last thing was that went throu the drivers mind"

the tree.....

and giggled to myself

now ive also just read the other post about laughing at death.

it hink ppl just handle it differently, i undertand the loss, and the feel bad for the family's a little but, that thought still jumped into my head.

i know some ppl will frown on what i have said. but hey i cant be liked by everyone

[Edited on 01-02-2008 by Adam-D]
_Allan_

1st Feb 08 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really Adam, I read about it being an airstrip and that car taking off and landing in a tree and had a wry smile
Whittie

1st Feb 08 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's terrible Just read the whole thing, my mate told me about it last night too.
simon nolan

1st Feb 08 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bet that was a scary last 10 seconds of lightness no control screaming grabbing anything before hittin the tree feel real sorry that 5 kids died here i remeber me and ian doin some scary stuff like that when we were younger makes me think how lucky we were really
CorsaSi

1st Feb 08 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when people do stupid things bad things happen, there own stupidity caused that but still tragic
Fro

1st Feb 08 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ocala.com/article/20080126/BREAKING_NEWS/30775910/1368/googlesitemapnews

Video at the bottom of the page.

Car looked a mess
Daimo B

1st Feb 08 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amusing read.

Frankly, a dad letting his son at 18 have a 500bhp car is asking for trouble.

Is it the parents fault, or the now dead childs?

This sums up what the kid was clearly like...

"would say this is harsh but I cannot. Hours before this event board members here were imploring him to be safe and he vowed not to risk the lives of others"

So you lot remember that when people moan about dangerous driving n stuff. When your out racing your mate as it seems safe and is a laugh, that you['ve just typed and slagged someone off about racing on the roads, then go out n do it yourself.

No sympathy. Only sympathy for the parents of the passangers who would have no involvment and will suffer because of it. The question still remains of why the parent let his 18yo take out a 500bhp RWD monster

[Edited on 01-02-2008 by VXR]
ainsley_brader

1st Feb 08 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The passengers aren't exactly blamelss though are they. Bet they were loving it the first few runs.
mattk

1st Feb 08 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im 19 and I could handle an M5

I have respect for the power I know how cars loose control and what to / what not to do to keep them in control, I DONT drive like a Twat

Plus if your in your 18 in a brand new dogs bollocks M5 why do you need to drive it quickly your gonna look good enough with out having to try and "impress"

[Edited on 01-02-2008 by mattk]
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Feb 08 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't go as far as laughing at it and it is easy to be wise after the event.

I think there is stupidity involved, there's a reason why premiums are prohibitively expensive for most people, its statistical and its based on it being very likely that as a young person you will crash a powerful car.

Combine that with access to an airfield and you have the aforementioned tragic accident.

As with everything, that won't make any of it any easier to digest. Lives wasted, as with most motor accidents that involve fast cars and young people.

We should all learn from this, as we should from all bad news of this nature.
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Feb 08 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
That's probably what he thought as well.
big eck

1st Feb 08 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Amusing read.

"would say this is harsh but I cannot. Hours before this event board members here were imploring him to be safe and he vowed not to risk the lives of others"

So you lot remember that when people moan about dangerous driving n stuff. When your out racing your mate as it seems safe and is a laugh, that you['ve just typed and slagged someone off about racing on the roads, then go out n do it yourself.

No sympathy. Only sympathy for the parents of the passangers who would have no involvment and will suffer because of it. The question still remains of why the parent let his 18yo take out a 500bhp RWD monster

I wonder if it would be as amusing if it was a member of your family or a close friend that was either driving or in the car
WU-TANG- DAN

1st Feb 08 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might go and lend the mothers zafira and take it up cardiff airport now, no trees as far as im aware!

I find it hard to find sympathy reli, only for the passengers and their familys.

see boys, all about the lexus ls400's, their too goddamn UGLY to take off!
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Feb 08 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find sympathy. Five lads of our age are dead.
mattk

1st Feb 08 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
That's probably what he thought as well.

I knew that was going to be said off certain people, I did question while writing it why I was bothering
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Feb 08 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My point is that I don't think he anticipated killing himself and his friends. Not sure why anyone would think differently.
big eck

1st Feb 08 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I find sympathy. Five lads of our age are dead.

but not one person in this thread that thinks its funny would ever do silly speeds in there cars
mattk

1st Feb 08 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know for sure I wouldnt take out a supercar to do 160 - 170 mph after a party
Eck
Premium Member

1st Feb 08 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Amusing read.

At the end of the day, there are five families now burying their children. So no matter what happened, it is anything but amusing Daimo.
mattk

1st Feb 08 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont really see the funny side
Ben G

1st Feb 08 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk

whilst i agree to an extent with you there mate (respect for a high powered car, knowing not to push the limits etc) i also find it hard to believe you would control it if you had a blow out or skidding doing some speed.

i know i couldn't as i haven't experienced it not been trained what to do in the even of that happening, i'm also 19.

i also believe that alot of older people could also not control a 500bhp car (whilst giving it some).

having respect for a car is one thing, knowing what to do when you psh the limits and find yourself sliding about over the road is another IMO.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 18yr old + 2008 M5 ....... 22 database queries in 0.0162561 seconds