corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Think im getting old :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Think im getting old :(
Steve X16XE

User status: Offline
18th Feb 08 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is what mine is like and i'm doing 20k a year. I take my mum to the shops in it. Plus the exhaust is stupid loud. You can hear me over 2 miles away

Robbo

yep im going down the 2 cars route as well but i have the added problem of a near 70 mile commute everyday which brings its own problems
Wrighty

nah sam i was the same

was sick of bouncing down the road in my 1.6 sport..got so fed up i sold it for something BIG and comfy..astra coupe

got too comfy..back in a nova -60mm again
Colin

18th Feb 08 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My neighbours tried to slap an asbo on me for having a corsa with a sebring exhaust & induction kit, I also got hassle from the police. Id feel like an idiot driving anywhere outside a backroad. Its not worth it.
Colin

18th Feb 08 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
yep im going down the 2 cars route as well but i have the added problem of a near 70 mile commute everyday which brings its own problems

Thought you were getting a golf?
flybikeslee

18th Feb 08 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve X16XE
This is what mine is like and i'm doing 20k a year. I take my mum to the shops in it. Plus the exhaust is stupid loud. You can hear me over 2 miles away

one seat...how can you take yer mum the shops
Paul_J

18th Feb 08 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha my neighbours hated my corsa, and brought it up at some neighbourhood watch meeting...

Steve X16XE - that's ace mate! hats off to you, I couldn't live with that daily! but maybe one day!

My current action plan is.

Finish Exams...

Track Day April in 106

Nurburging in 106

Graduate in July

Go Travelling

Return

Get a job

Buy 2nd car (if needed) - take 106 off the road and strip it, selling interior for £300 + (leather goes for a mint)... and go to work on the engine / suspension etc.

After spending about 2-3k on it, it'll be 190 bhp, 750-800 kg, absolutely sorted suspension and braking...

253 bhp per tonne... LSD and handling... It'd be a WEAPON! on track and in a straight line!
Paul_J

18th Feb 08 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in this action plan I even think the 2nd car daily driver may be big, slow, tdi, heavy and have a towing bar on it... Get a trailer and just carry the 106 on the back to track days.

Maybe start competition in a racing series.
Rob R

18th Feb 08 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As soon as i fitted a "loud" exhaust to my fiesta 3 years ago when i was 18 i did think "what on earth have i done" Pissed me off for the next year. Was stripped with just buckets and harnesses at one point, another "what on earth have i done here" moment
Fonz
Premium Member

18th Feb 08 at 07:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Biggest thing for me was that lowered bumpy cars are no good for passengers and I used to spend the journey feeling silly.

I have to agree, as much as i love driving my Corsa on my own I know its not pleasant for passengers, ok so its only dropped 40mm but i tend to taxi my M&D about and with a "stiff" ride and loud exhaust they arent exactly rushing to geta ride from me.....younger brother does mind thou!
Nobber

18th Feb 08 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got to this stage a while back now. I'm fortunate to have 2 cars though. Thing is both are modified and both lowered on coilovers!

I think a lot of it is down to setup. Mine are setup for comfort really and tbh, the golf is nearly if not better than it was stock.

The A4 though, well soon gonna be a different beast. It's a diesel for a start and I love the 500-600 mile range of a tank, the torque is fun too.

I think your only option is a 2nd car matey, but you could also find out about some decent coils overs or even Air Ride. Air is perfect, low and slow for the shows, high and comfy for road/commuting.
Fear

18th Feb 08 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like ive said would love a 2nd car but couldnt afford to run 2 and nowhere to store a 2nd car really!

Paul- ive not long had the 2nd clio and did have plan to do some track days later in the year but depends what i do with it now!

And as some people have said, i do feel abit silly now having a "boy'd" up car and getting looked at etc!
Superlite Ltd.

18th Feb 08 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by WU-TANG- DAN
ive turned old at the tender age of 17

Lexus's for me, as they come from the factory.

You sell cocaine?
mwg

18th Feb 08 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 23, got sick of crashy ride, loud exhaust etc. and wanted something a bit more refined and grown up. I like sporty hatches like the Clio Renaultsports etc. but I couldn't live with one everyday!
Jambo

18th Feb 08 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldnt agree more! I was originaly going to get a std astra gsi, no more hassle. Picked this one due to it being so special. Makes a lovely roar when floored, but attracts alot of unwanted attention etc. Doesnt make me feel silly. Just if i overtake someone im quite sure they mutter "boy racer twat" whereas if i had a non hatchback etc they wouldnt probably take a blind bit of notice.

i want a german car next
jr

18th Feb 08 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yow own a german car (well opel etc )
Nismo

18th Feb 08 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sam i felt the same, thats why the RX went 2 years ago and the S2000 came, allthough im fully bored of the S2K now, i hate not having no room!

I quite fancy a anni golf or sumit, but ill also get bored of that.

My main master plan is when i get a houst to get a corsa/saxo/clio 1.2 or sumit

and then get a Westfield for weekends, and track days.
RS6

18th Feb 08 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when it looks that good what does it matter
Daimo B

18th Feb 08 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the astras noise, I want it louder. But wouldn't want it toooo loud either now.

Not keen on the stiffness of the suspension springs though either.

Got me bike for noise and going fast anyway
Graham88

18th Feb 08 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never minded the stiffness of coilovers, until I got my Fiesta and realise how much nicer it is to drive and not have to slow to 10mph for speed bumps and still scrape
Dione J

18th Feb 08 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
Sam i felt the same, thats why the RX went 2 years ago and the S2000 came, allthough im fully bored of the S2K now, i hate not having no room!

I quite fancy a anni golf or sumit, but ill also get bored of that.

My main master plan is when i get a houst to get a corsa/saxo/clio 1.2 or sumit

and then get a Westfield for weekends, and track days.
sounds like a plan
Robbo

18th Feb 08 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

Thought you were getting a golf?
I am... that will be the day to day car for now Then I want an Exige as well but cant afford... hopefully next year
Fad

18th Feb 08 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fear
Like ive said would love a 2nd car but couldnt afford to run 2 and nowhere to store a 2nd car really!

Paul- ive not long had the 2nd clio and did have plan to do some track days later in the year but depends what i do with it now!

And as some people have said, i do feel abit silly now having a "boy'd" up car and getting looked at etc!

Should of got a Miltek they are not much louder than standard

Also been in a Cup with H&R's set up by Mark Fish Motorsport and it rode better than a standard clio. I think you have two simple issues to fix, at least enjoy it over summer before you sell it.

16V_1600

18th Feb 08 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had 2 MR2s and spent a fortune on bodykits/wheels/exhausts/ etc etc. I'm 26 now and sold my previous MR2 GTS as it was costing too much too run/insure (1100 Fully Comp)

I bought the Corsa, 1.6 easy to fix, cheap to run insure/ made a couple of mods to it to make it tidy Lowered 60mm/ Vaux cav wheels and a nice exhaust.

That's all I can be arsed to do. I just drive it now. Wanted a LET but can't be arsed with the expense. May give it a leather retrim and that's it.

I'm nowhere near as into modifying cars as I used to, maybe I'm getting old too
GT190

18th Feb 08 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by GT190
loud exhaust is fine if its a fast car

Yeh but non car people won't know it's a fast car or care.

It's like me last year at my work. In my suit, shirt tie etc... driving a 106 with a loud exhaust and bumpy old suspension... looked like a complete twat.

People going 'Wtf why is your car so loud' ... Don't even try explaining the actual reasons about removing restriction etc, as they'll just snore or say it's not worth it for the noise.

don't get a fun 2nd car, just get something like a 'Old' A3 Tdi, or Golf Tdi. £3k car.

forget the non car people, you drive past them.
but yeh ive got tints and exahust and wear a suit to college, do feel like abit of an idiot.

im too young to care tbh.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Think im getting old :( 22 database queries in 0.0155649 seconds