corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa c 2.0 VXR

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa c 2.0 VXR
chrex

User status: Offline
24th Feb 08 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well yea if you were gonna start playing with it...you could get round it. But its not gonna just drop in.

Like you say...using a let loom and ECU, but then ur paying to have it mapped and the engine is expensive enough as it is!

Theres obv ways round it...all i was saying is that you cant just buy the engine like you would an XE and drop it in.
Mattb

24th Feb 08 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just use aftermarket managment.. omex 710 or somthing similar
bubble

24th Feb 08 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chrex is partially right in what he says about needing everything etc, as the engine ecu will be programmed to the can-line in the original car, with various instrument id's communicating with things like bcm's etc. but it can all be erased very simply. the vxr engine can be used with a z20let loom, with a z20let ecu. no problems. people just get scared by the new technology and insist it cant be done. and it can. vauxhall stated that there thatcham 1 immobilisers couldnt be over-ridden. one pair of wire cutters and a aaa battery later and yes it can.

or just run the engine with aftermarket ecu/software.
ed

24th Feb 08 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As MattB said, scrap the original electronics and use something diferent. Like the VW boys do when putting 1.8t's in thier mk1's and mk2's e.t.c...
chrex

24th Feb 08 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair dos! if its been done then thats fair enough.

Rick - i think you should do it anyways! Would be something different. Thing is the engines are expensive atm, so i dunno how much profit you'd make on it!
Rick Draper

24th Feb 08 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will do it if i can find a vxr engine for sale.
jr

24th Feb 08 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its runninc can bus its likly your need everything, mattb and chris astley im sure could confirm in related to can-bus and also if it would work
Rick Draper

24th Feb 08 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would only want the engine and box.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa c 2.0 VXR 22 database queries in 0.0087860 seconds