corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Eduardo has broken his leg

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Eduardo has broken his leg
Hammer

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 08 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye i agree with that, that will have been in the aftermath tbh with little time to calm down.
John G

23rd Feb 08 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was in the after match commentary! a good 90mins after it had happened, and i bet sunday/monday morning papers will be full of the same! He soon forgets he used to defend a certain player that goes by the name of Viera for many years every time he got sent off!
Ben J

23rd Feb 08 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But Vieria never went through anyones leg!!!

However.....

Tbh...I think that at full speed, Taylor would have had no control over what part of Eduardo's leg he connected with. It was unlucky for both players.....i'm sure any of us who play footy have been gulity of going in hard on someone once!

I have been gulity of trying to make up for lack of skill with agression, and have commited some pretty ruthless tackles in my time, but never would intend an injury like that......

[Edited on 23-02-2008 by bjackso2x]
John G

23rd Feb 08 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bjackso2x

However.....

Tbh...I think that at full speed, Taylor would have had no control over what part of Eduardo's leg he connected with. It was unlucky for both players.....i'm sure any of us who play footy have been gulity of going in hard on someone once!

I have been gulity of trying to make up for lack of skill with agression, and have commited some pretty ruthless tackles in my time, but never would intend an injury like that......

have you been watching the same viera we'v all been watching the last 10 years or so??????

[Edited on 23-02-2008 by John G]
Robbo

23rd Feb 08 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vieira was never a bad tackler

Also I think Wenger is still pisse doff at the sunderland scum who did similar to abou diaby a few years back
John G

23rd Feb 08 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

Ben J

23rd Feb 08 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
quote:

However.....

have you been watching the same viera we'v all been watching the last 10 years or so??????

When did he ever break a leg.......
Robbo

23rd Feb 08 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

Ben J

23rd Feb 08 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh...why are we mentioning Vieira...

The last time I saw an injury like Eduardo's was David Buust, and it ended his career....so my thoughts are with him.
John G

23rd Feb 08 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

However.....

When did he ever break a leg.......

You said went through someones legs, which he has, many a time. Just lucky enough for him never to have broken anyones leg, but enough to get himself awarded a red card multiple times! And as i said within the 1st 10 replys of this thread you dont even have to go in hard or wrecklesly to break someones legs, it only takes 2.5lbs of direct pressure to snap a bone.
John G

23rd Feb 08 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Tbh...why are we mentioning Vieira...

The last time I saw an injury like Eduardo's was David Buust, and it ended his career....so my thoughts are with him.

here here! we were mentionin viera due to wenger being a moaning badger! back to the topic
A1EX

23rd Feb 08 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

feel very sorry for the lad he is only young aswell hope he recovers well
22B

23rd Feb 08 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wenger has also retracted his statement about Martin Taylor

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3188241,00.html
John G

23rd Feb 08 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really feel for eduardo after seein it on MOTD taylor genuiely didnt mean it he was lookin at the ball, eduardo was just to quick for him, i think this is def a very very second close to david boosts break, his foot just didnt look part of his leg
_Allan_

24th Feb 08 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think it was intentional either, he hardly had a run up, was looking the ball. Eduardo was quick and the connection was just in a bad place. A sharp bone will easily pierce the skin around the ankle as it's very thin with little muscles in the way. An elbow break will often be similar.
Hammer

24th Feb 08 at 01:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 22B
Wenger has also retracted his statement about Martin Taylor

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3188241,00.html

Could tell it was because he was pumped up tbh.
eddiewhiteley

24th Feb 08 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after seeing it on motd i agree that it wasnt intentional, just a clumsy challenge
gsi-gaz

24th Feb 08 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the tackle was high, whether it was intentional or not makes no difference, the fact that how high it was makes me whince

dirty badger
Marc

24th Feb 08 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BBC close up vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWwVB6SsWsc

John G

24th Feb 08 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gsi-gaz
the tackle was high, whether it was intentional or not makes no difference, the fact that how high it was makes me whince

dirty badger

its 2mins into the game, your stil gettin to grips with the speed. those challenges happen 10times a game if not more just 9 times out of 10 the person with the goal avoids the challenge, feel sorry for eduardo but have a lot of sympathy for taylor
Tom

24th Feb 08 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's bloody awful

Best of luck to him getting back, he's a quality player and it would be a shame if it ended his career
James@CCC

24th Feb 08 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was at the game in the stand where the camera are in line with the tackle, and to be honest it didnt look bad at the time. I only knew it was horrific because of cesc's face and the fact that eduardo didnt move at all.

it was purely unintentional and a result of taylor being too slow and outclassed. I think the actual tackle itself, although being high, wasnt that bad. What has caused the leg to break is because all of eduardos weight is on that leg as you can see in the photos as eduardos trying to move the ball quickly. In a normal tackle the players weight would be on his standing leg and if he was tackled like this his kicked leg would have give to move back without breaking.

Its an awful thing to happen but to lay into taylor is not fair
John G

24th Feb 08 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James@CCC
I was at the game in the stand where the camera are in line with the tackle, and to be honest it didnt look bad at the time. I only knew it was horrific because of cesc's face and the fact that eduardo didnt move at all.

it was purely unintentional and a result of taylor being too slow and outclassed. I think the actual tackle itself, although being high, wasnt that bad. What has caused the leg to break is because all of eduardos weight is on that leg as you can see in the photos as eduardos trying to move the ball quickly. In a normal tackle the players weight would be on his standing leg and if he was tackled like this his kicked leg would have give to move back without breaking.

Its an awful thing to happen but to lay into taylor is not fair

very wel pointed out
J da Silva

24th Feb 08 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a hard injury to return from, I broke my leg in a tackle before and it's all down to how the bones react once they break, if they damage muscle and ligament on collision then it's going to take a long time to heal as scarred muscle is more likely to tear even after healing, so for Eduardo's career I would say he may never be the player he was before Saturday's game, however with the miracles that some surgeons can work, you never know what will happen.
James@CCC

24th Feb 08 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i also agree with this http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3189852,00.html
the ref definately inspected the injury and then made the decision

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Eduardo has broken his leg 23 database queries in 0.0159302 seconds