corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » the real cost of Depreciation!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author the real cost of Depreciation!
deano87

User status: Offline
5th Mar 08 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having said that - this depreciation lark is good for families on a budget, that need a more than capable car at an affordable price.

Namely, a 1.9CDTi Vectra

There was a BMW 745i in a garage near me - same shape as the one in a Bond film that has remote control. It was FULLY loaded, and I mean fully loaded, double glazing, everything. The estimated cost new was £70k. The cost in the garage, approximately 8 years later, less than £14k
Dr Pepper

6th Mar 08 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
I'd never buy a brand new car, you lose a few k just driving it off the forecourt.

get staff discount and you get a big discount, i got about 2.5k discount on mine brand new, so won't lose as much when i come to trade it in in the summer

As did I - Certainly helps with depreciation
Lucky B

6th Mar 08 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
& your too 'emotionally' involved to scrap it & spend a small fortune repairing it

Been there before!

Bugger that! I could give a toss about it!
mattk

6th Mar 08 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine had a list of £15,600

18 months later I paid £8499

fuck buying brand new Id rather have it nearly half price than having the new car "feeling"
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Mar 08 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That article neglects to mention that Vectras are largely bought by companies who get a discount anyway and auction them off as it's no hassle.

So the losses in context are not so great. Still wouldn't buy an expensive Vauxhall again though. My Astra had a list price of £23k by the time I specced it and I took £4925 for it the other week. Ouch.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » the real cost of Depreciation! 22 database queries in 0.0090911 seconds