corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » AC Milan fail to qualify for Champions League - Inter Champions

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author AC Milan fail to qualify for Champions League - Inter Champions
gianluigi

User status: Offline
19th May 08 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
lol. It really makes me wonder why Flamini did not wait to sign. I have a feeling that hes been doing some money grabbing where they offered more money if he signed ASAP.

So where would he have been better off now. Playing just the italian league and getting loads of money or playing in the champs league and getting a decent amount of money.
Replace playing for bench warmign and you're half way there lol

i think he'll replace Amborsini who's getting on now
Robbo

19th May 08 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cor blimey I remember when he wa sa hot shot young thing at Bari
MarkM

19th May 08 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
lol. It really makes me wonder why Flamini did not wait to sign. I have a feeling that hes been doing some money grabbing where they offered more money if he signed ASAP.

I think the 4 million+ signing on fee at Milan had something to do with it.

He did it to Marseille too though when he signed for you...he ran his contract down...then left...

Cant say you were never warned!!

As for playing UEFA football next season...I am going to have a cheeky £20 on Milan to lift the trophy...I can see them making wholesale changes to the ageing squad.

[Edited on 19-05-2008 by MarkM]
Robbo

19th May 08 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep except we had to pay £3.5m compo to Marseille :S
MarkM

19th May 08 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Yep except we had to pay £3.5m compo to Marseille :S

Because he was under 23 wasnt it...??

But he basically did the same thing...ran his contract out so he could get a huge signing on fee somewhere else...

He's a decent enough player but will never boss or run a game single handed like Fabregas...Gerrard...Ronaldo...Kaka can...
Robbo

19th May 08 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't remember... he didn't actaully have a contract with them as such, just his youth training thing... but per UEFA rules he was obliged to sign a professional contract with them, he got out of it via EU rules but UEFA forced us to pay compensation for his training etc.

There is a lot of talk (mostly form bitter Arsenal fans tbf lol) that he was made to look good playign in a much stronger team... that may be so but at the end of the day he did good for us and I'm narked that hes left Especially for what increasingly looks like a backward step with more £££
Nath

19th May 08 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

So where would he have been better off now. Playing just the italian league and getting loads of money or playing in the champs league and getting a decent amount of money.

When did Wenger offer him a new deal? This year? Shouldve done it when he was 'less good' ala last season. IMO he didn't predict Flamini being as big this season as he was.
Robbo

19th May 08 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He told him last summer to earn himself a new contract after he whinged that he didn't want to play LB (where he was excellent in the 2006 CL campaign!)
Nath

19th May 08 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » AC Milan fail to qualify for Champions League - Inter Champions 23 database queries in 0.0103512 seconds