corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » 3 Realistic signings for your club next season?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 3 Realistic signings for your club next season?
Cosmo

User status: Offline
10th Jun 08 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Cosmo is balancing the books

Thought Id get it in there before people say we've no money
Robbo

10th Jun 08 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fully agreed with Kuyts workload... I remember slating him after he was so lazy in WC06 but his workrate has always impressed me... just needs to add goals as said, same can be said for many players in Prem though tbf
Cosmo

10th Jun 08 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I could fit him in the team that allowed Babel, Torres and Gerrard where they play best and also another goal scoring threat then I'd have him in - but I cant figure out a way tbh
mattwhite

10th Jun 08 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Matt, that's a bit premature based on one european game each (I presume you haven't been watching the bundesliga all last year?)

i can see what your saying but my team wasnt based on the euro's but i can see why you thought they were after last nights game.
--DAN--

10th Jun 08 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
Man Utd

Van Der Sar
Richards Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Ronaldo Carrick Scholes Nani
Rooney Tevez

Only made 1 change there as I think thats the only one which we will change for first team.

Richards would be fantastic but can't see it tbh. As you say not many other obvious changes we need as we have Hargreaves and Anderson to cover midfield. IMO we need a poacher though, somebody reliable and capable of putting away all the tap ins we create. Rooney and Tevez are not out and out strikers and we would have put a lot of games to bed much earlier if we had a natural finisher.
corsa - gus

10th Jun 08 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon rangers will Lovenkrands , Miller , Davis and we have already taken Webster permanently.

I would like to see a new right back and centre half aswell.
Cosmo

10th Jun 08 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --DAN--
Richards would be fantastic but can't see it tbh. As you say not many other obvious changes we need as we have Hargreaves and Anderson to cover midfield. IMO we need a poacher though, somebody reliable and capable of putting away all the tap ins we create. Rooney and Tevez are not out and out strikers and we would have put a lot of games to bed much earlier if we had a natural finisher.

Plus you need a replacement for Ronaldo.
Robbo

10th Jun 08 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH Id get rid of Rooney & Tevez and get 2 strikers who can actually score goals

Like say Adebayor and RVP
Cosmo

10th Jun 08 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
TBH Id get rid of Rooney & Tevez and get 2 strikers who can actually score goals

Like say Adebayor and RVP

Adebayor and Torres
Robbo

10th Jun 08 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a pairing they would make
Cosmo

10th Jun 08 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe if Torres joins him at AC Milan next season it will happen

[Edited on 10-06-2008 by Cosmo]
Robbo

10th Jun 08 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:/

In all honesty, I'm startign to wonder about Rooney... hes clearly an excellent player... but what does he do? He doesnt score enoguh goasl, he doesnt set up that many... I cna see Capello dropping him soon tbh :/
RyanSxi

10th Jun 08 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Van Perside and Saha Would be a great force, in the medical room.
Robbo

10th Jun 08 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shhhhhhh he'll be all better next season
Cosmo

10th Jun 08 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

In all honesty, I'm startign to wonder about Rooney... hes clearly an excellent player... but what does he do? He doesnt score enoguh goasl, he doesnt set up that many... I cna see Capello dropping him soon tbh :/

Ive always said this about him, but then again I also think you need that sort of passion in the team. Its just a case of making sure he has some limits on what he does (otherwise he'll just run around like a headless chicken) and he needs players around him who he can link up with.

As the man you are relying on to score goals though - not a chance.
--DAN--

10th Jun 08 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

Plus you need a replacement for Ronaldo.

Agreed. Pennant will do....
corsa - gus

10th Jun 08 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo Man Utd would be unstoppable if they had a striker of similar ilk to Torres, Drogba or Adebayor.
--DAN--

10th Jun 08 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Ive always said this about him, but then again I also think you need that sort of passion in the team. Its just a case of making sure he has some limits on what he does (otherwise he'll just run around like a headless chicken) and he needs players around him who he can link up with.

As the man you are relying on to score goals though - not a chance.

I think he had more assists then any other player at United last year He definately needs a main striker to play behind, was devestating in his first season behind RVN, but since he left he hasn't acheived the same standards.
Cosmo

10th Jun 08 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think he had more assists then any other player at United last year He definately needs a main striker to play behind, was devestating in his first season behind RVN, but since he left he hasn't acheived the same standards.

Agreed, the thought of him behind a Torres or similar would be scary, especially as he is always going to chip in with around 20 goals in all comps a season.
--DAN--

10th Jun 08 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Agreed, the thought of him behind a Torres or similar would be scary, especially as he is always going to chip in with around 20 goals in all comps a season.

Cosmo

10th Jun 08 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im hoping Kuyt and Babel will both step up their games though next season. As Torres scoring approx 30 a season, and both of those getting 15+, along with Gerrard getting around 20 is a good front four imo.
--DAN--

10th Jun 08 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How long is Babel out for? He looks an amazing prospect, the Dutch seem to have some great young players atm
Cosmo

10th Jun 08 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
How long is Babel out for? He looks an amazing prospect, the Dutch seem to have some great young players atm

Only about 6 weeks max, so will be back for pre season training - although the Dutch are now saying they want to take him to the Olympics which means we'll be missing Lucas, Masch and Babel, aswell as Leto

He is an amazing prospect, showed at times last season when coming on as a sub that he will be a great player, and really think he'll make the step up next season and be brilliant for us. He always comes across great in interviews aswell, saying he knows he needs to improve and stays behind for extra training to make himself into the best player possible - which is a nice thing to hear.
Jamescorsa97

10th Jun 08 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads of reports linking Downing with Liverpool today Cosmo 12m
Cosmo

10th Jun 08 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamescorsa97
Loads of reports linking Downing with Liverpool today Cosmo 12m

I know, I really fucking hope not

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » 3 Realistic signings for your club next season? 23 database queries in 0.0151150 seconds