corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Please wear your seatbelt!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Please wear your seatbelt!
Fonz
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 08 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
Seatbelt is habbit now, dont even have to think about it.

i get in and it auto pilot, knock gear out of 3rd (always park in gear out of habit of driving an '85 Mk 1 Nova) then rear behind to get my belt.....its disrupts the rhythm if i dont do it that way

yes i am OCD
pow
Premium Member

23rd Jun 08 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In car, Clutch down, out of second, pump brake, Ignition on, adjust stereo, check mirrors and doors are shut (look down lines of mirrors), Seatbelt on, check warning lights, Start car, release brake/handbrake, drive off
pow
Premium Member

23rd Jun 08 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH I've missed stuff off the cockpit drill that I dont do, check handbrake (but I start with my foot on the brake), 6 point check, hold steering wheel at 45 degrees, check it returns when engine is started - makes sure the servo is working.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

23rd Jun 08 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always wear it in the Corsa, but not in the Golf.

Sad story though.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Fonz
Premium Member

23rd Jun 08 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
In car, Clutch down, out of second, pump brake, Ignition on, adjust stereo, check mirrors, adjust make up and doors are shut (look down lines of mirrors), Seatbelt on, check warning lights, Start car, release brake/handbrake, drive off

pow
Premium Member

23rd Jun 08 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Git.

The IAM thing rubbed off on me, starting RoSPA soon as well
JM_16v

23rd Jun 08 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a friend that recently died, he was the driver and died because he didnt wear his belt. all the 3 passangers were ok thou
alex sport 16v

23rd Jun 08 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate died from wering his seatbelt becouse it broke his neck when thay hit them for behind r.i.p alex hardgreavs
antmashed

23rd Jun 08 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will always wear my seatbelt now

CoupeUK - are you a fireman?
nova_gteuk

23rd Jun 08 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never wear a seat belt and wouldnt if you payed me.

When i was 17/18, i was in my mates car,he lost control the car went of an embankment rolled a few times and landed upside down in a lake,(felt like a lake at the time) was more a very deep puddle..and hanging upside in a car when its starts filling with water is scary,but when the seatbelt your wearing is stuck..you keep thinking your going to die...i was just very lucky my mate jumped back in and helped me out.

To say i shit myself is an understatement.

And ive never worn one since..
Brett
Premium Member

23rd Jun 08 at 16:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alex sport 16v
My mate died from wering his seatbelt becouse it broke his neck when thay hit them for behind r.i.p alex hardgreavs

Not mocking the dead, but would the alternative not have been his head being smashed to bits on the dashboard or him going through the windscreen?

quote:
Originally posted by nova_gteuk
I never wear a seat belt and wouldnt if you payed me.

When i was 17/18, i was in my mates car,he lost control the car went of an embankment rolled a few times and landed upside down in a lake,(felt like a lake at the time) was more a very deep puddle..and hanging upside in a car when its starts filling with water is scary,but when the seatbelt your wearing is stuck..you keep thinking your going to die...i was just very lucky my mate jumped back in and helped me out.

To say i shit myself is an understatement.

And ive never worn one since..

Arguably, you might not have survived the fall down the embankment without the belt on. Stupid statement tbh.
mattk

23rd Jun 08 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

his own fault....

Its not possible to drive my car with no belt on its too annoying
nova_gteuk

23rd Jun 08 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett

Arguably, you might not have survived the fall down the embankment without the belt on. Stupid statement tbh.

True i guess,but id still rather not wear one and have to go through that again.

[Edited on 23-06-2008 by nova_gteuk]
alex sport 16v

23rd Jun 08 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
his own fault....

Its not possible to drive my car with no belt on its too annoying

And what was the need in that, You wudent sey it if it was one of your own mates would you
mattk

23rd Jun 08 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah I would actually, do you think 130 into a bend is a good idea?
alex sport 16v

23rd Jun 08 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
yeah I would actually, do you think 130 into a bend is a good idea? [/quote

Orite sorry fort you was on about from what i put about my mate ^ .
Gareth F

23rd Jun 08 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wearing my seatbelt is like a natural action like staring at a fit girl as she walks past but i refuse point blank to drive with unbelted people in my car.
ed

23rd Jun 08 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alex sport 16v
If he wasn't wearing it and there was that much impact he probably would have died from internal bleeding or something equally as bad if he wasn't belted.
phil_sutton

23rd Jun 08 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

130mph in to a bend with no seat belt looks like natural selection took was doing it job again.

Possible candidate for a darwin award.

[Edited on 23-06-2008 by phil_sutton]
CorsaSport14

23rd Jun 08 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My best mate was doing around 70mph round a medium sized roundabout with 2 other passengers in hes car, he didnt realise the road on the other side of the roundabout had some adverse camber. He hit it, rear wheels lifted and spun out, he plowed up a kurb, through a 3grand bus stop totally demolishing it, then hit the 3ft high concreate wall behind with metal railings on,,,,all without a seatbelt on.

This was the outcome

He broke nearly ever bone in hes body, punctured both lungs, ripped spleen, fractured spine, fractured skull, internal bleeding and thats all i can remember.

He's driver seat was so crushed under that if he had he's seatbelt on it would of dragged him under and crushed him to death. One of the passengers had a broken leg & the other cuts & bruises, luckily he's grown up abit sinse then and im lucky i aint lost my best mate

but its weird how seatbelts can save your life & maybe take it but id still always wear a seatbelt because at the end of the day theres a better chance it will save your life, than kill you.
Daveskater
Premium Member

23rd Jun 08 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
I wonder who will be first to say the classic I was in a crash and if I had my seatbelt on I wouldn't have lived.
That would be me tbh It wasn't particularly fast, but I was in my mate's car as the front passenger doing 30 round a slight corner, and someone came the other way, drunk, trying to light up and doing 45, went straight into the front end. If we weren't there she would have mounted the pavement and gone through someone's front garden. The car turned round on its front wheels and ended up with the back end on the path, and the kerb got completely battered where we must have scraped along it. I had massive amounts of whiplash and they wanted to take me on a spinal board, but they ran out of ambulances Stupid NHS.

I have a couple of pics that my mate took in the light (it happened about 9pm one evening) but I think they're on my external hard drive and I don't like to use it because the bearing's going

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaSport14
id still always wear a seatbelt because at the end of the day theres a better chance it will save your life, than kill you.
Exactly mate, most sensible thing said in this thread. I always wear my seatbelt, and there's a reason that it's a legal requirement. I also make sure that anyone in the back is strapped in before setting off.

Oh yeah, my mate that was in the rear middle seat during that crash was the worst off, his head went straight between the front seats, so he had friction burns both sides of his face, and he had internal bleeding and had to have two operations to have part of his intestines removed, and now he has to take several tablets every day, and every few months he goes up to the hospital to have this massive injection thing. It was a year and a half ago and he's still waiting for his compensation, because it's going to be a fair whack

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Gregor

23rd Jun 08 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CoupeUK what do you work as ?

Do you see a lot of this stuff ?
Cole

23rd Jun 08 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i never wear a seat belt awaits a slating but not wearing one saved my life i rolled my old clio16v 6 yrs ago i was ejected from the car i was 50ft from the car in a bush dislocated knee snapped my right arm in 2 bruised my lungs etc etc was in intensive care for 3 days but if i had my seatbelt on i would been impaled on a wooden fence post which went straight through the roof and through the drivers seat i know its wrong but not wearing it saved my life
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

23rd Jun 08 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got harnesses now, love em, feel really secure, so much so that I've been sat in 2 vans recently with a lap belt on and I felt really uncomfortable, cos they just sit on you I couldn't feel it and I didn't feel held in at all, I'm alright with seatbelts cos I can feel that they're there but you can't beat harnesses, you definately know they're there but I feel a lot safer.

Some people say that they feel uncomfortable having a seatbelt holding em in, I prefer the feeling of being held in, and the people out there that don't wear a seatbelt for fear of creasing their clothes really do need a reality check, I'd rather have a few creases in my shirt than a few broken bones after a crash that I could of walked away from if I wore a seatbelt
danward

23rd Jun 08 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm amazed that people don't wear them.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Please wear your seatbelt! 23 database queries in 0.0130250 seconds