corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » British F1 GP to be held at Donington Park from 2010

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author British F1 GP to be held at Donington Park from 2010
richard_cooper

User status: Offline
5th Jul 08 at 05:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Donington is a good track. IMO better than silverstone as silverstone is a couple of long straights into rubbish corners. And silverstone is flat. Yes it is big enought fot F1, and willl make for good racing

I cant wait
X 60RSA

5th Jul 08 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are on about moving Moto GP to silverstone in 2010 because of the slippery surface thats thought to be partly down to planes flying over.

Some fiddle is going off here, all seems a bit odd. Basically it looks like F1 and Moto GP will just swop circuits in 2010.

If the slippery surface is an issue for the moto gp lads at donington then fewk me.....the pansies in F1 certainly wont like it!
AndyKent

5th Jul 08 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only good thing is perhaps if Silverstone actually remodels itself to fit in better with other types of racing.
Bram

5th Jul 08 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only reason Donington is slippery is because of the asphalt that Tarmac laid (I work for them!)
All Torque

5th Jul 08 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like empty threats to me

"Improve Silverstone or we'll move the GP to Donington"

Scare tactics.
AndyKent

5th Jul 08 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Besides, I reckon a lot of remodelling of the track would be needed.

You try designing, getting planning permission, FIA approval, building regs approval (for the pits), appointing a contractor and building this lot in just 24 months.

Never going to happen. An interesting point I read on another forum though, is whether this decision is to allow the races to happen AT Donnington, or under the direction of Donnington PLC at any track they wish (ie. Silverstone).

Not reallly sure.....
Tiger

6th Jul 08 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSi_16v
European f1 gp was held at Donnington in 1993, i went to watch it at the grand old age of 7

[Edited on 04-07-2008 by GSi_16v]

I went there too, I don't think the circuit is the issue itself, I think its the facitilies there that won't cope. Bearing in mind, regardless of the obvious history and type of circuit - Monaco isn't suitable for a GP in all fairness yet its a damn good event when it does happen. Donnington circuit is a great circuit, challenging and is fine to host a F1 event, like I said before, the actual facilities of the circuit is where it needs millions spending on it. Its tired and the access is awful.

Bring F1 to Donington but for gods sake improve the facilites.
Tiger

6th Jul 08 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by X 60RSA
They are on about moving Moto GP to silverstone in 2010 because of the slippery surface thats thought to be partly down to planes flying over.

Donington is practically 50 metres from the end of the East Mids airport runway!
richard_cooper

6th Jul 08 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aPk
Besides, I reckon a lot of remodelling of the track would be needed.

You try designing, getting planning permission, FIA approval, building regs approval (for the pits), appointing a contractor and building this lot in just 24 months.

Never going to happen. An interesting point I read on another forum though, is whether this decision is to allow the races to happen AT Donnington, or under the direction of Donnington PLC at any track they wish (ie. Silverstone).

Not reallly sure.....

I think you might find that all the planning, designing and everything is already done. As burnny has already said the plans are on his desk. I live local and trust me, expect work to begin ASAP.

And its in a better place than Silverstone. What is the nearest airport to silverstone? Luton?

The track at donington is on the end of the runway at east midlands. Cant get any closer to a international airport than that!

Silverstone is a rubbish circuit, crap viewing and imo there is alot of other better circuits in the uk. Not sure Moto GP will go there, its not a bike circuit and they wont like the fact there is little gravel run offs, as they are mostly tarmac.
Vaux Lad

6th Jul 08 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a good decision IMO, if they can improve Donnington enough for it to cope.
The track is quite short compared to other F1 circuits, so the track will need changing in some way.
Lets hope they dont change some of the best bits of the circuit though.
Tiger

6th Jul 08 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are adding 1/2 a mile to the circuit. They wont be changing anything on Cramer Curves. Improvements to the pit lane and infrastructure.
Vaux Lad

6th Jul 08 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be interesting to see where they add that 1/2mile
richard_cooper

6th Jul 08 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Vaux Lad
Be interesting to see where they add that 1/2mile

on the infield

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » British F1 GP to be held at Donington Park from 2010 22 database queries in 0.0143409 seconds