corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Saturday/Sunday league thread 08/09

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Saturday/Sunday league thread 08/09
RyanSxi

User status: Offline
13th Aug 08 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh agree with Tom lol. I think he basically wants me there as I ran my bollox off in training and did plently of 1/2 touch passing invloving all the team.

He knows I will actually help defend and can pass so thats why he wants me there IMO.

(Would rather a more attacking role mind but will see what happens)
RyanSxi

14th Aug 08 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got beat 6-2

Was a really good performance though considering most of us didn't know each others names/playing styles.

We were even 2-0 up after 60 mins and we missed a penalty at 2-1

All in all manager said he played really well (they also had 20 players so were fresh as fuck ) and I was the only player to get 90 mins so hoping I impressed enough.

Roll on sunday
RyanSxi

19th Aug 08 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had a game last sunday against a team that will be in our division next season. The day didn't get off to a good start as the council had double booked the pitch we were supposed to be on. Anyway we soon found another pitch and set up there.

Well, im not really sure why im letting people know the score as its the most ive ever lost by and rather embarassing. But anyway, we lost 15-2. That's right FIFTEEN

Plus points for me was I got a good 80 mins run out and alot of people said I played well in the centre of midfield. Everyones heads went down though after a couple of goals and people really wern't putting the effort in.

Anyway that was a glitch so hoping for better this week Got training tonight and a couple of players back from holiday/sickness.

(p.s. First game of the season is against my old team from last season. That'll be interesting )
Tom

19th Aug 08 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fifteeeeeen

At least you seem to be able to look on the bright side ryan
RyanSxi

19th Aug 08 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
fifteeeeeen

At least you seem to be able to look on the bright side ryan

well you've gotta havn't you

To be fair though the reason it was so drastic is the back four had only 1 player who played the game before (due to injury/illness) In midfield with me there was a different lad who didn't really put much effort in. Oh and our keeper of the first half (swopped at half time) had a mare.

I feel I played well though so the score doesn't bother me since it's only a friendly aswell. We really do need to get a regular 11 sorted though as we will get picked apart keep having to change the defence each game.
nik

23rd Aug 08 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit behind here...

Drew first two league games, and lost 1-0 in the fa cup. Got beaten 0-4 today by St Francis Rangers, very poor performance. Pagham away this Tuesday night.
col

23rd Aug 08 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i quit my team few weeks ago manager dint have clue

so going train with a new team on wednesday who are in the same league as the team i left can see me haveing a good season
Carl

24th Aug 08 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We are through to semi's of a pre-season cup, Had 22 players first game, just had a match where we had 12, loads of people at V etc, won 4-0> I've been playing centre back, actually quite enjoying it, Should have scored 2 today with headers that were off target.
RyanSxi

26th Aug 08 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, we lost against this sunday score was 8-2 BUT the second half score was 2-2 as we started to gel and play much better football.

I think thats why we are loosing at the moment as most of the team have played a couple of times together and don't know each others games. Also the communication is still weak but improving.

From a personal point of view I got another 90 minutes at centre mid and had a good game (not just my own opinion ) so im happy with that.

First game of the season on Sunday against my old club hoping we can get started from the first whistle and not wait till the second half like this week.
RyanSxi

26th Aug 08 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

p.s. the team we played were also 2 divisions above us
nik

26th Aug 08 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a good day again tonight, lost 4-0 for the 2nd time in a few days away at Pagham who are going well. Also had a man sent off, numerous bookings for both in what wasn't a dirty game - the ref was being assessed and it showed.
Carl

29th Aug 08 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/crownandanchorfc/

latest news. "Carl Britton sets up a goal after thinking he is playing on the beaches of Rio"

PLaying in the semi's of a pre-season Charity cup on Sunday, looking forward to it, hopefully I can play as well as yesterday.
Carl

31st Aug 08 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got man of the match again, we drew 5-5 though then lost on pens. We had about 6 decent players missing and kept gifting them goals, 2-0 after 10 mins, but pulled it back, to 2-2 then ease off, back to them being 4-2 up. . A few key players in we would have battered them, which is good as they are in our league.
nik

2nd Sep 08 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lost 2-1 away at Oakwood on Saturday after leading Tonight's match away at Selsey has fallen victim of the summer weather Have to wait till Sat to put things right!
nik

4th Sep 08 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Things go from bad to worse, our manager and assistant both resigned on Tuesday night. Everything is up in the air, I think I'll be playing Saturday along with a couple of other 1st team players although most are following the manager out of the door. Story below..

http://www.worthingherald.co.uk/worthing-sport/Football-United-are-managerless.4455005.jp
RyanSxi

4th Sep 08 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had our first game of the season last sunday and played the team I used to play for.

Lost 3-1 but since it was only our 4th game and they have been playing 3 seasons IMO was a decent performance and not bad result. Although at 2-1 down I had a one on one with the keeper after taking down a bal on my chest only to volley it at the keeper

Hoping to keep my place in centre mid for our away game on sunday but manager said he will be rotating etc so everyone gets chances.
RyanSxi

8th Sep 08 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played away this week and lost again final score was 4-7 but could have easily been the other way round. We started poor and were 4-0 after about 25 mins. After that though sorted ourselves out and managed to get back to 4-4 after around 60 minutes. Then tiredness and complacancy kicked in and they got 4 more goals to finish us off.

I started and got another 90 minutes so im happy about that and had a rather decent game. Just nee to get my fitness up a bit more and a few more games and should be playing rather well!
Danny P

8th Sep 08 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First game of the season was meant to be last Sunday, but due to the rain the council cancelled all the games

Bit of a bastard when your getting games killed off in September becuase of hte weather, just glad we dont share our pitch anymore, I cant cope with the 7 games in 14 days again like the end of last season
RyanSxi

9th Sep 08 at 06:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
First game of the season was meant to be last Sunday, but due to the rain the council cancelled all the games

Bit of a bastard when your getting games killed off in September becuase of hte weather, just glad we dont share our pitch anymore, I cant cope with the 7 games in 14 days again like the end of last season

Was red hot here in donny last sunday lol. Was a 5 minute shower all day
Danny P

9th Sep 08 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Way the weather is going so far this week I reckon it will be a wash out this coming weekend an all
nik

10th Sep 08 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decided to leave Worthing last night, I have never played for such a poorly run club in my life. Going to take a few weeks out (playing for a mate's sunday side) and see what offers come up. They'll be lucky to finish the season at this rate, 99% of the first team squad have jumped ship after the treatment of ex manager Paul Curtis.
gianluigi

11th Sep 08 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had 2 good games this weekend. both half decent opponants.

saturday i expected us to win, but a close win, we've got an excellent squad this season. we won 3-1. i scored just before half time. another bloke we call the Mail Man (as he always delivers ) delivered again, we let one in, but saw it out and caught them slack at the back and got closed the game off a well competed, rewarding and professional game, played in great spirit by both teams

sunday, we played the sunday reserve side of a very good saturday side in the cup. i expected us to get whollopped, and after 10 mins it looked thet way, we hadnt had a touch of the ball upfront, til my stirke parter in his first game (16 yrs old) hit a wonder shot from 30yrds top corner! that rattled them and we took it from there, the same kid scored 3 more goals, and we finished 5-1. could have been a lot more, i was guilty of missing a chance but it was one of those games when everyone pulled it out of the bag, even the crap players, to make a mockery of a very very good side

[Edited on 11-09-2008 by gianluigi]
Danny P

11th Sep 08 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been advised we've got a game tonight, hopefully it will be on. We had a decent pre-season and dont want to be going too long without a game
Carl

11th Sep 08 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We lost 2-0 in our first league match, Everyone seemed like they were still in bed.
col

12th Sep 08 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well ive been linesman for first two matchs carnt expect get right in the team really

neally got killed for puting offside against the other side was goal i think but i was hungover

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Saturday/Sunday league thread 08/09 23 database queries in 0.0143290 seconds