corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MPG LOL

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MPG LOL
Colin

User status: Offline
26th Jul 08 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All in good time, just now though I need to keep a sensible head
mattk

26th Jul 08 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its swings and roundabouts I rekon

they are both as dear as each other, its down to personal preference
Andrew

26th Jul 08 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
How many miles do you get to £55 Colin. I'm seeing 450 to that in the pug. Think i need to look at getting shut. Has a good few car park dents and sounding a bit rough at the minute cba spending cash on it though..

Is that Petrol?

I can get 450 from £60 in my petrol golf I didn't think that was too bad...

I'm seeing 450 to a full tank on average. Can get 500 but don't really like driving at 60 down motorways

Just cleaned it today and doesn't look too bad for a car with 20k on the clock. Got two car park dents and the odd little scracth here and there off stones. The brakes are screwed though. One of the pistons has ceased and only one side of the pad is being used. Looking at the pad and it's 1.2mm thick Disc has a rim on it so looks like it's brake pads and discs needed.

I only noticed yesterday that when i was putting on the brakes the car was pulling to the right. Took the wheel off this morning to find i've been driving a death trap.

No idea how i'm getting to work next week, but i'm not driving that car until it's sorted.
dannymccann

26th Jul 08 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are worried about MPG, buy a Mk4 2.0DTi Astra for motorway driving, I saw just over 600 miles with some caining overtaking on single carriageways and sitting at 90-95mph on the test track
Colin

26th Jul 08 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not worried, im just trying to work out how much lighter my wallet will be with 'proposed car' as sometimes its a gamble....just buy it and see!!

600 miles in a 2L diesel doing speeds mentioned is astounding, I'll get about 500 tops in my 1.9 golf abiding to the law

The 'proposed car' is 350 to a tank tops (not in the 1st few weeks anyway!! ) and the tanks bigger than current car!!

[Edited on 26-07-2008 by Colin]
dannymccann

26th Jul 08 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea its really good on long runs, better than i thought it was going to be, we get 420 - 430 miles to the tank round town though, thats when the 2l doesnt pay off

edit - but cant complain really, £2000 for 65k Y reg SXi trim, good price tbh

[Edited on 26-07-2008 by dannymccann]
deano87

27th Jul 08 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

12v 10p/mile on fuel.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MPG LOL 22 database queries in 0.0113041 seconds