corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Lewis Hamilton Petition.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lewis Hamilton Petition.
allza

User status: Offline
8th Sep 08 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think he baltently was in the wrong and deserved a punishment. If that area was gravel for instance then he wouldn't of overtaken kimi like he did.
Tiger

8th Sep 08 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No he wouldnt, he would have just crashed into him.
MoesTavern

8th Sep 08 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
No he wouldnt, he would have just crashed into him.

Eh?
J da Silva

8th Sep 08 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the problem with F1, the racing skill is being taken out of it, you have the legends who could drive the cars with no traction control, manual gearshift, throwing the cars into corners and just generally driving exciting unpredictable races, the modern days of F1 is a mockery of it's history, the car does all the work and the driver just steers and goes along with it, they think being made to use a gearbox for 4 races is a bind.
22B

8th Sep 08 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
This is the problem with F1, the racing skill is being taken out of it, you have the legends who could drive the cars with no traction control, manual gearshift, throwing the cars into corners and just generally driving exciting unpredictable races, the modern days of F1 is a mockery of it's history, the car does all the work and the driver just steers and goes along with it, they think being made to use a gearbox for 4 races is a bind.

dont agree with any of that, F1 may have more gizmos etc, but the skill required to take these cars to the limit lap after lap has changed aswell.

Always reminds me when someone says F1 cars are easy to drive, of when one 3 time world champion, Niki Lauda commented that driving these cars is too easy. He got his chance to drive the Jaguar F1 car of which he was team manager at the time, first corner out of the pits he put it in the gravel.

You cant compare driving in different eras with different equipment, F1 drivers these days drive cars that can corner at higher speed and accelerate and brake at higher speeds than the past "legends", all the drivers are super fit athletes, look at Nigel Mansell do you think he could drive a modern day F1 car flat out for 2 hours?.

The skill is definately there but the regulations make the racing so tight, that tenths of a second seperate being the best to being second. Hopefully with the new 2009 season changes overtaking will start to improve.
Nath

8th Sep 08 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Traction control doesn't exist anymore either.

I'm with 22B on this one.

You've only got to watch Top Gear to see how Richard Hammond got on in an F1 car.

Not easy.
J da Silva

8th Sep 08 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that's your opinion, I won't try and change it, I'm a grown man, but please take into account Lauda's age, do you think his reaction times are going to be the same?

As regards the Hamilton situation, I think his cards are marked, maybe to do with the 'document gate' saga I dunno but I think he's been unfairly punished here.
J da Silva

8th Sep 08 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

You've only got to watch Top Gear to see how Richard Hammond got on in an F1 car.

Not easy.

It's never going to be easy for a novice, or a pensioner is it?

[Edited on 08-09-2008 by J da Silva]
Nath

8th Sep 08 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Not easy.

It's never going to be easy for a novice, or a pensioner is it?

[Edited on 08-09-2008 by J da Silva]

A novice is me. Hammond is higher than a novice as he drives car for a living. He's driven 1000bhp cars before, yet can't tame the F1 car.

[Edited on 08-09-2008 by Nath]
J da Silva

8th Sep 08 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He drives high powered cars in a moderately fast and controlled way, an F1 driver cannot go over his mistake by having someone shout 'CUT, LET'S GO BY THAT AGAIN RICHARD! YOU WAS A BIT BUMPY THERE'.
If an F1 driver makes a mistake he ends up in a bundle of tyres.
Bram

9th Sep 08 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody who took the time to fill in this petition is a moron
Nath

9th Sep 08 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
He drives high powered cars in a moderately fast and controlled way, an F1 driver cannot go over his mistake by having someone shout 'CUT, LET'S GO BY THAT AGAIN RICHARD! YOU WAS A BIT BUMPY THERE'.

Right

So it takes skill then? Like I said
J da Silva

10th Sep 08 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Right

So it takes skill then? Like I said

It takes skill, I never disputed that, but to bring Hammond into a professional racing discussion is just not taking this seriously, I just don't think it's as 'hard', if you were to break down each individual task you do in the car, and compare them then I think the old F1 cars require more effort to keep on the track and get fast times, Schumacher only started doing things when they made it easier then it became an era where the teams with money dominated and they could afford to have the best engines.
I do however think certain drivers would be better suited in the early 80's and 90's spec cars, Hamilton reminds me of Senna and in my opinion is a 'proper' racing driver, force people wide, cut people into corners and go wheel to wheel, that's real racing, todays F1 is robot racing where team-mates let each other through depending on their standings in the leaderboard.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Lewis Hamilton Petition. 23 database queries in 0.0129011 seconds