corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pulled by the L.A.P.D - reg plate issues help

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pulled by the L.A.P.D - reg plate issues help
Graham88

User status: Offline
24th Sep 08 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It pisses me off too when they follow me for fucking ages to be fair, I'm talking about 3-4 miles, it doesn't take that long to check nor do they need to be on my bumper to do so
Gareth F

24th Sep 08 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get followed all the time due to driving a modded car down 90mm. Most tend to do it to see if you step out of line or do something stupid. Mind you i got pulled 5 times in 6 days when i brought my car from near Bracknell. bought it back down to the south and because it was still registered to a lady back in Bracknell they pulled me over. TBH i think its good they do do checks as if my car got nicked i would be chuffed if they got caught. But sometimes they can be petty as we have all found. Ie i came off a mini roundabout from standstill and they said i was speeding within 10 meters from the roundabout....... whilst paying no attension to the fight going on behind them.
richc

25th Sep 08 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
It pisses me off too when they follow me for fucking ages to be fair, I'm talking about 3-4 miles, it doesn't take that long to check nor do they need to be on my bumper to do so

Thank you! this was my point - im taking 5 minutes of constant driving - doesnt sound much but you can cover a few miles in that time! I kept wanting to turn around but i couldnt because they were stupid close!

And adz89 of what ever your name is -

' Yer im full of shit mate i go on forums all the time making it up to try and impress the boys'

Fucking know it all.....

richc

25th Sep 08 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom J
quote:
Originally posted by richc
It really started to bother me as he wouldnt leave me so i slammed on in the middle of the road and got out and asked WTF ARE YOU DOING!

he was probably following you while doing checks on the radio, if you had just of carried on he probably wouldn't have stopped you, but seeing as you stopped and said WTF ARE YOU DOING! im not suprised he was a bit off with you

It doesnt take 5 minutes of solid driving to check if my car is taxed, moted, insured. Takes 30 secs a little something like this

' Yer (officers identifys himself) requestion reg plate check on p535 dal - red vauxhall corsa (comes up within seconds on the pc).... Yes registerd to rich blah blah of blah blah car is insured, tax moted. '

End of!

I were comming to a ded end i couldnt carry on i - i were delibratly turn down streets to turn around but he follwed stupid close - i couldnt see his reg plates!

I never usually have any bother for police......

richc

25th Sep 08 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by James
Surely the LAPD don't have a leg to stand on in this country

God damn you beating me too it maybe he were being followed cos he can't speak properly?

10 out of 10 dude. You make me laugh anyway....
Joe

25th Sep 08 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe he was just trying to create problems because you were an arse by slamming on infront of him?
richc

25th Sep 08 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Maybe he was just trying to create problems because you were an arse by slamming on infront of him?

Maybe - but is there any need to follow close enough so i cant see the reg plate of his car for a lengthy period of time?

I pull to the side of the road a couple at one point - he just pull in behind me i sat there for a bit - he didnt do anything. I drove off. He followed close again - i did same again. I drove off around the area and he kept doing it. So then i went around the corner. Slammed on im middle of road ( quiet road) and ask wtf he wanted.

You tell me if i just kept following you stop when you did.....pulled off when you did....you wouldnt ask me what i were doing?

Joe

25th Sep 08 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I'd just carry on driving my own way, but you be an arse with a police officer and you don't expect him to try and find fault?
richc

25th Sep 08 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Well I'd just carry on driving my own way, but you be an arse with a police officer and you don't expect him to try and find fault?

Well i couldn because i were going miles out my way and couldnt turn around for his stupid driving.

And yes he was gonna and couldnt find anything substansional so choose the plates. But this is going off subject.

The question was are they illegal. How can it pass a MOT if it were illegal. It matches the criteria for the road - thats my understanding after reading the MOT spec so.................
CorsaSport14

25th Sep 08 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignore him mate, unfortunatly you get idiot's like that.

I got pulled over in my old honda civic, 3 police men + 2 cars stopped me, they tried doing me for lowered suspension, aftermarket exhaust, tinted windows (light all the way round) and my front numberplate being in the window.

Then i told him i work at a main dealer and my mentor at the time done MOT's and non of it was illegal (except for the plate in the window) knobs!
Joe

25th Sep 08 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why didn't you just go to wherever you were supposed to be going then?
richc

25th Sep 08 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Why didn't you just go to wherever you were supposed to be going then?

Because i dropped somebody off and tried to turn around after i dropped them off. They say behind me whilst i did so and didnt say anything.

I then tried to reverse and the wouldnt let me so i drove down the road to do it again (around a corner but he didnt move_ so i kept tryin to find a suitable place but couldnt thats why i asked WTF!

Anymore irrelivant questions?
Joe

25th Sep 08 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah whats the price of a Warburtons Toastie loaf at your local Spar shop?
richc

25th Sep 08 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe

I dont have a local spar...
cunningham

25th Sep 08 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any font that isnt the standard font is illegal i got pulled for mine 3 years ago
sampayne21

25th Sep 08 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3d lettering is legal as long as the spacing and size is correct
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

25th Sep 08 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom J
quote:
It really started to bother me as he wouldnt leave me so i slammed on in the middle of the road and got out and asked WTF ARE YOU DOING!

he was probably following you while doing checks on the radio, if you had just of carried on he probably wouldn't have stopped you, but seeing as you stopped and said WTF ARE YOU DOING! im not suprised he was a bit off with you

It doesnt take 5 minutes of solid driving to check if my car is taxed, moted, insured. Takes 30 secs a little something like this

' Yer (officers identifys himself) requestion reg plate check on p535 dal - red vauxhall corsa (comes up within seconds on the pc).... Yes registerd to rich blah blah of blah blah car is insured, tax moted. '

End of!

I were comming to a ded end i couldnt carry on i - i were delibratly turn down streets to turn around but he follwed stupid close - i couldnt see his reg plates!

I never usually have any bother for police......

are you a police officer? i didnt think so, so how do you know how long it takes to to a vehicle check? if there is someone else holding up the radio talking about an incident, there can be a queue of officers waiting to to vehicle checks, so they are perfectly entitled to follow you until they can confirm the car isn't stolen/its all legit.
Bram

25th Sep 08 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe

Joseph
gtitim

25th Sep 08 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not being an officer, you can assume alot and know little.

It can take time to run checks - not necessarily all the info on the same system ie may need driving licence or vehicle or insurance checks.

Sometimes the network is busy, and if something urgent is going on the airwave is kept clear unless urgent

maybe there was something about your standard of driving the officer was not quite happy with and felt it was necessary to follow to check. i have followed drivers for some distance before stopping, as i have witnessed several examples of poor driving. other times i go for the quick stop.

if you give me attitude, ie 'slam on and shouted' etc then straight away i want to know what you are so paranoid about. if you have done nothing wrong why be an arse?

i have generally got better things to do than stop cars for no reason. if i stop you for a check it will be for a reason, and if you want to get lippy i am perfectly within my right to inspect lights, tyres, etc.

sidelights are mandatory. if they do not conform to regulations ie not working or blue not white etc, then you can be reported or ticketed for it. generally i will give words of advice however if you are an arse, and argue with it then i have no problem with reporting or giving a ticket as i know you have not listened to me and will not change them, or if you do you will soon change them back.

bottom line for me is this - i have better things to do, but if i do stop you and you are aggressive, rude or obstructive, then i will deal with you accordingly. if you are polite, then you will be on your way alot sooner.

just food for thought?
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

25th Sep 08 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
Not being an officer, you can assume alot and know little.

It can take time to run checks - not necessarily all the info on the same system ie may need driving licence or vehicle or insurance checks.

Sometimes the network is busy, and if something urgent is going on the airwave is kept clear unless urgent

maybe there was something about your standard of driving the officer was not quite happy with and felt it was necessary to follow to check. i have followed drivers for some distance before stopping, as i have witnessed several examples of poor driving. other times i go for the quick stop.

if you give me attitude, ie 'slam on and shouted' etc then straight away i want to know what you are so paranoid about. if you have done nothing wrong why be an arse?

i have generally got better things to do than stop cars for no reason. if i stop you for a check it will be for a reason, and if you want to get lippy i am perfectly within my right to inspect lights, tyres, etc.

sidelights are mandatory. if they do not conform to regulations ie not working or blue not white etc, then you can be reported or ticketed for it. generally i will give words of advice however if you are an arse, and argue with it then i have no problem with reporting or giving a ticket as i know you have not listened to me and will not change them, or if you do you will soon change them back.

bottom line for me is this - i have better things to do, but if i do stop you and you are aggressive, rude or obstructive, then i will deal with you accordingly. if you are polite, then you will be on your way alot sooner.

just food for thought?

Robin
Premium Member

25th Sep 08 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there a portal between Ilkeston and Los Angeles now?
cunningham

25th Sep 08 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was told by a Traffic police liason for ne of the sites im on that any font that is not stadard is illegal
gtitim

assuming you are BIB too Tom J?
Welsh Dan

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaSport14
I got pulled over in my old honda civic, 3 police men + 2 cars stopped me, they tried doing me for lowered suspension, aftermarket exhaust, tinted windows (light all the way round) and my front numberplate being in the window.

Then i told him i work at a main dealer and my mentor at the time done MOT's and non of it was illegal (except for the plate in the window) knobs!

Front tinted windows ARE illegal though

And i've never heard of someone awarding an MOT pass for a friend/colleague, where the car would normally fail
Welsh Dan

25th Sep 08 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
assuming you are BIB too Tom J?

I believe he is a PCSO or Special

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pulled by the L.A.P.D - reg plate issues help 22 database queries in 0.0169389 seconds