corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Turbo C20LET Project - Project Ended

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Turbo C20LET Project - Project Ended
Adam C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Oct 08 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

B3KAN - Cheers mate

rickie123 - Cheers mate, got the plates mail order from Carnoissur or however its spelt

Anyway, got back from work not long ago, got straight to work on it moved the sensors around and refitted the bumper and wheels.

The gauges in position

And turned on..

Think Im gonna relocate the boost gauge to the A pillar as Im not a fan of it in the heater vent like that.

Took it out for a quick spin literally up and down the road a couple of times to check for any problems, and none what so ever

And a pic of the front with the oil cooler on show

And a pic of it back on all 4

Had abit of a shock when i came to a stop and smoked just poured up from the engine bay
Luckily its just the left over shitty oil which went everywhere when the oil cooler pipe burst, so everythings seems to be sorted

Just got to fit a new bonnet cable and catch and then its MOT time as it runs out today

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
richc

11th Oct 08 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you use it often mate? I wouldnt bother if you just have it sitting there
marklawton

11th Oct 08 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice, liking the gauges, ive got some for mine but havent got round to fitting them yet. what wire did you use to turn them on? as i couldnt find a wire so that they only came on when i had the ignition on
Minty_Fresh

11th Oct 08 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rear camber :O
Adam C
Premium Member

11th Oct 08 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

richc - hasnt been used for a while, but im not insured to drive it for a while yet anyway, just gives me the time to get the car looking special, my old man loves driving it as hes also mad about Vauxhalls so im happy to let him drive it for now.
I just want it MOT'd so we can keep using it and it doesnt get stood up for ages.

marklawton - afraid im probably no help as i just took the ignition feed fromt he boost gauge that was already wired in.
I was told to wire the 12v feed from the Headunit loom but i already had the boost gauge fitted so just took the feeds from that.

Yes Camber is comedy on the back

Kano

11th Oct 08 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by marklawton
very nice, liking the gauges, ive got some for mine but havent got round to fitting them yet. what wire did you use to turn them on? as i couldnt find a wire so that they only came on when i had the ignition on

Fag lighter is a switched live, only comes on with ignition, nice and close if you want them at the ashtray area aswell..
thegsi

12th Oct 08 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gauges look well nice! What make are they mate?
Adam C
Premium Member

12th Oct 08 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are autogauge mate

They're the smoked lens series

autogauge do 2 different smoked lens series, a 90 degree scale and a 270 degree scale, Ive got a mix of both, but have a nose mate

Autogauge 90 degree scale

Autogauge 270 degree scale

Cheers mate

thegsi

12th Oct 08 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff. Have to get myself some of those!
Adam C
Premium Member

12th Oct 08 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
Good stuff. Have to get myself some of those!

Ideal, got all mine off ebay if that helps mate

Adam C
Premium Member

27th Oct 08 at 14:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much of an update, but as I got the fk smoked headlights on the green corsa now it was rude not to try out the morettes on the turbo.

I know they are still in anthracite but theres no point painting them due to the fact i will be going for a respray later on in time.
I think it will look much better once the bodywork is more to my liking along with the gsi front bumper.

Been busy sorting out more problems, as the power steering went, all due to the fuse not being man enough for the job, so will be replacing with a bigger in line fuse this week.
Also noticed the oil cooler pipes where rubbing on the tyre at full lock so used a hose clip through the inner arch to hold them closer and now no scrubbage

But the car is now out of MOT and soon out of tax, I will be putting it through a strict MOT next month to see what work needs doing, as I seem to have and oil leak somewhere which i cant find, whenever the cars driven i always come back with smoke coming off the exhaust with runs of oil, never does it when its at a stand still but as soon as its driven it does it, so unsure if i have an oil leak or its just residue from where the old oil cooler pipe burst, but we shoudl find out 100% come MOT time.

Fingers Crossed

Suspension and brakes are up next, going drilled and grooved discs on the back with decent pads all round.

Im really unsure on coil overs or just a newer decent normal suspension kit at the moment though?

Then onto bodywork as thats the worst bit about the car

More updates soon

fazza

27th Oct 08 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet mate. need get me an engine then meet for some pics
rickiek123

27th Oct 08 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need some morettes

Very nice
Adam C
Premium Member

27th Oct 08 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just sorted the power steering pump with a better power cable, larger amp fuse and holder.

Will be putting standard headlights and side repeaters on for the MOT as the morettes need a little work and could do with new lamps.

My only problem now is the bonnet catch, not long ago the handle came off its hanger and everytime i wanted the bonnet open i had to yank the handle, last time i did that the entire bonnet cable came flying out, oops

Have a new cable fitted but it still doesnt work 100%, basically i still have to pull the handle as far as possible and have someone push the bonnet down rather hard a few times until it pops, just had another play with it now and the handle and carrier has come off again

Its abit hard to explain the problem but Im not sure if anyone has had this happen before and how did they resolve it?

Its really the only thing left to do before it goes into MOT.

rowland

2nd Nov 08 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice car sorry to here about your problems mate
can i join the green team to?
Adam C
Premium Member

3rd Nov 08 at 00:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Mate, yea the cars still got a few problems, so have decided to skip MOT and dive straight in the deep end.

Basically Im stripping the car to a minimum, and giving the engine abit of an overhaul, I wont be driving it anytime soon so have all the time in the world.

But Im aiming for the 300bhp mark

More updates soon

chunky_nb

3rd Nov 08 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot did u do with the angel eyes?
Adam C
Premium Member

3rd Nov 08 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chunky_nb
wot did u do with the angel eyes?

Stil have them sitting in a draw in my garage, may sell them soon lol

Not sure how much they are worth really, i know they are decent quality ones purchased from Ultra I beleive.

Olsrey

5th Nov 08 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where did you get the gauge holder for where the ash tray should be?
ShEp

6th Nov 08 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regarding your oil leak mate

it sounds very like the oil feed pipe has either split, or the washers on the banjo bolt need replaced,

But i'd get it sorted quickish as it could be starving the turbo of oil.
Adam C
Premium Member

6th Nov 08 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Olsrey - Got it from Devon Car Show but theres plenty on ebay last time I checked.

Shep - Cheers for the tip mate, had a look today and your bang on, some of the pipes are lookin abit tired and about to split so some replacements are on order.

UPDATE 6/11/08

This will be handy for everyone who has bonnet pull problems, as you may have read the bonnet cable came out not too long ago, purchased a second hand one but still the handle kept popping off inside and the cable was really tight, so I purchased a new one off ebay for a tenner and it now works a treat, also comes with a fancy black handle

Quick pic of it in the garage, been in there for so long and its damn filthy

I promised myself I wouldnt move onto exterior or interior until all the engine and chassis are sorted but got offered a swap with my other badgless grill so I did the swap and ended up with a set of these.

Its MOT time next week, Im looking forward to my failure slip

ShEp

6th Nov 08 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gpt my fingers crossed for you mate
Adam C
Premium Member

6th Nov 08 at 23:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Shep much appreciated

Oh I forgot I uploaded some video's aswell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqJcDAL0RDc&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbTdKvxWF6w&feature=channel

B3KAN

7th Nov 08 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have that problem with my bonnet cable handle 2 its anoying

Cars looking good Hope the mot goes well ive got mine tomorrow
Adam C
Premium Member

7th Nov 08 at 00:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea the bonnet thing was a pain in the back side, but for a tenner for a new one off ebay with a fancy black handle lol you couldnt really go wrong, and it works a treat now so im glad thats sorted.

Yea Im pretty sure its gonna fail so I wont be let down either way

Good luck mate cheers

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Turbo C20LET Project - Project Ended 24 database queries in 0.0160089 seconds