corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Someone talk my Dad out of a F**king PRUIS

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Someone talk my Dad out of a F**king PRUIS
Joe

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 08 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not VAG mate.
AndyCorsaSport

2nd Nov 08 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Just slap the fuck out of him untill he sees sence!!!! NOW, go do it, slap him good. They are THEE worst cars i have ever driver, had a few in at work, absolutley wank, need an instruction manual to start the fucking things. Then when its started you cant tell cause its battery powered from the beggining, cant tell if its on or not. Theres NOTHING at all nice about them, they look descusting, and can safely say after driving a few, they are slow as fuck, and its mostly elderly people that have them.

Thanks mate, thats more like it.

Isn't there two different ways of starting it, one with your foot on the brake, one not? Would drive me insane, I always start an auto with my foot on the brake like I start a manual with my foot on the clutch and breke

Yeah, when you set off, its battery at first, then engine kicks in, and its got a screen showing where the electric currents going (most to power the fucking screen lol) then its got a stupid handbrake pedal like a Merc, but no release handle, just have to push it down further and then let if off. They really are crap, i HATE having to drive them if we have one in at work, the whole car is just gay in general, if he gets one, get your mum to leave him
pow
Premium Member

2nd Nov 08 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats right with it? I've outlined what I think is wrong with it... any other opinions Robbo?
Andy, I Noticed that today!

The footrest pedal is taken up with a stupid Merc style handbrake... whats wrong with a normal one

[Edited on 02-11-2008 by pow]
Robbo

2nd Nov 08 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its just a car rrally, they arent that bad

cheap tax

good for the envirnonment etc

no cc in londinium
pow
Premium Member

2nd Nov 08 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Not VAG mate.

Mum drives a Merc, I like it, its not a VAG, Kirsty drives a 106, not a VAG, I like it. Grandma drives a Kia, its not a VAG, I like it (does the job for her). I could go on?
pow
Premium Member

2nd Nov 08 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
its just a car rrally, they arent that bad

cheap tax - He doesn't pay the tax

good for the envirnonment etc - He doesnt care

no cc in londinium - In the last 4 years he hasnt taken the Audi into london - he goes from Windsor (Junc6) to Chippenham (Junc17) everyday
Joe

2nd Nov 08 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems like snobbery to me tbh.....

My dad would tell me to fuck off if I tried telling him what car to buy, not my money.
pow
Premium Member

2nd Nov 08 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm trying ot make him see that he is not going to enjoy driving a pruis 150 miles, 2.5 hours a day.

I could not care, but I care about him and his wellbeing... I don't really care what he gets (I don't even get to drive it at the moment), I'm thinking of him mate
Joe

2nd Nov 08 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well let him get one, if he doesn't get on with it then just remind him daily that you told him so.
pow
Premium Member

2nd Nov 08 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And I suppose the aim of this thread is to see if anyone agrees with me (if anyone has/driven one).

Joe, that means 3-4 years of continued mood when he comes in from work every night

[Edited on 02-11-2008 by pow]
AndyCorsaSport

2nd Nov 08 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
And I suppose the aim of this thread is to see if anyone agrees with me (if anyone has/driven one).[Edited on 02-11-2008 by pow]

Ive driven about 5 or 6 i think, hated every minute of it, im not even on company insurance at work, so i cant even go out of the gate, so im basing this on driving in a car park thats about 250yards long Never mind driving long journeys
Joe

2nd Nov 08 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow
And I suppose the aim of this thread is to see if anyone agrees with me (if anyone has/driven one).[Edited on 02-11-2008 by pow]

Ive driven about 5 or 6 i think, hated every minute of it, im not even on company insurance at work, so i cant even go out of the gate, so im basing this on driving in a car park thats about 250yards long Never mind driving long journeys

Your opinion is as valid as my right slipper then tbh.
AndyCorsaSport

2nd Nov 08 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pow

Your opinion is as valid as my right slipper then tbh.

I think its more valid, seen as i have driven one, and your right slipper hasnt.

Plus im not just comparing it to the Corsa, im comparing it to a hell of a lot of cars out there, driven hundreds of Golfs, and plenty of 118d's and can safely say either of them would be better.
Joe

2nd Nov 08 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have driven them on the road or round a car park?
Ben G

2nd Nov 08 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

andy thats just like saying you've driven a ferrari in the same car park and it wasnt that fast
Ian W

2nd Nov 08 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
Originally posted by Joe
I'd have more faith in a Toyota than an Audi.

He hasn't had one problem with the Audi. All just parts wearing out. It's had 8 services, 2 cambelts, 2 water pumps, one new EGR (EML light was on but he didn't even notice - I told him ), one drivers side hub or bearing or something.

Started every time for the last 4 years, done 145k without missing a beat and all he's done is put diesel and the odd bit of oil in it.

I've heard some hell stories with electric's on Toyotas

My dad had a Totota Previa for 14 years, never failed an MOT or needed anything other than servicing a replacement CAT last year.

Japensese reliability over german any day.
RS6

2nd Nov 08 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fro

2nd Nov 08 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see lots of Toyota Prius' in london so they must be doing something right...
Fad

2nd Nov 08 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
whats wrong with a prius?

Exactly prolly be the most advantagous company car allowance wise and they aint like stupidly slow.

I the golf sounds good but at the end of the day neither is a bad choice tbh
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

2nd Nov 08 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought you and deano would be all for a Prius personally Pow!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
RossyB

2nd Nov 08 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what right with it.
Fad

2nd Nov 08 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well its not VAG diesel ofcourse he wont like it?

DJMartin07

2nd Nov 08 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets put it this way, we have one at college. The battery is under the rear passenger seats and produce 200 volts, and has enough amps going through it that you'll be 6 feet under in no time, that's why not to buy one.
AndyKent

2nd Nov 08 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a crap idea because on the motorway it isn't a hybrid - its a small engined petrol and has poor economy to match.

Round town it uses electric = economical
On the motorway it'll probably be more expensive than his current diesel
Colin

2nd Nov 08 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL Pows dads ghay

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Someone talk my Dad out of a F**king PRUIS 23 database queries in 0.0150170 seconds