corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when isit time to settle down?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author when isit time to settle down?
mattk

User status: Offline
29th Dec 08 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

moaning is class
Tommy L

29th Dec 08 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is too much effort matt, you're right. Thats how i look at it. Dancing like a prick, hell yeah.

I'd much rather go round a mates house, have some drinks, bit of poker, whack the beer bong out for a few games and then go into town and dance like a prick and have a good time. Much better than just going out to pull some rotten skank

[Edited on 29-12-2008 by corsa_tomtom]
WATSON

29th Dec 08 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 20 been with my girl for 3 years now pretty much settle'd down
Colin

29th Dec 08 at 01:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I run the circuit from age 16 - 23 being 'one of the lads', done pretty much everything there was to do, never had any very serious relationships then met jade & she tamed me. tbh its nice to have someone waiting on me when I get home at night & I cant imagine it any other way. Got engaged in september....watch this space for a wedding date
Mobby

29th Dec 08 at 01:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom
You'd never think i was a miserable fuck

Mobby mate, it seems you have got into a relationship early and you've been in it for a while. But over the last 3 years you haven't done the whole lads growing up thing and you feel you've missed out on it?

At age 17-19/20 i didn't want to get a gf as i just wanted to go out and have a good time as there is plenty of time to get a girl after i've done the lads going on thing. Cos when im 25 i can't see me going out drinking like i do atm.

Have you been going out a lot with the lads whilst you've been in this relationship?
no i havnt. i didnt even go out for my 18th ffs. and when i say slags i dont mean going for a munter or anything. i just mean going home with a shag on some nights. be it a posh top class bird or a slag.

the thing is shes older than me, she was 18 when i was 16 and shes currently 21.
Graham88

29th Dec 08 at 01:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't plan to settle down anytime soon. I plan to spunk my money as I wish whilst I can, get the cars I want, the bikes I want etc. Not have half my pay taken away by a mortgage then bills etc. I want to live a little first.
cunningham

29th Dec 08 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
I still go out with the lads and get shit faced, going out pulling some slag bag isnt my sort of thing, its too much effort, I just want to drink and dance like a prick till I get told to go home, thats why Ive stuck with a G/F for so long

I dont think im missing out on anything

im the same
Fro

29th Dec 08 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mobby
quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom
You'd never think i was a miserable fuck

Mobby mate, it seems you have got into a relationship early and you've been in it for a while. But over the last 3 years you haven't done the whole lads growing up thing and you feel you've missed out on it?

At age 17-19/20 i didn't want to get a gf as i just wanted to go out and have a good time as there is plenty of time to get a girl after i've done the lads going on thing. Cos when im 25 i can't see me going out drinking like i do atm.

Have you been going out a lot with the lads whilst you've been in this relationship?
no i havnt. i didnt even go out for my 18th ffs. and when i say slags i dont mean going for a munter or anything. i just mean going home with a shag on some nights. be it a posh top class bird or a slag.

the thing is shes older than me, she was 18 when i was 16 and shes currently 21.

That comes across as you regret not going out. How comes you didnt?
l15ter

29th Dec 08 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pictures of girlfriend and we can help!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

29th Dec 08 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you are with someone but feel like you should be going out slaying slags then thats probably because you feel like you've missed out on potentially loads of sex with different girls or your current squeeze is crap.

make sure you are together for the right reasons and not for the typical ones like, you're comfortable and its the ideal situation at the time
stubbsy05

29th Dec 08 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 24 and mrs is 21. We have been together for 4 years and live together now.

I wouldn't say we're settled down! I own the house and she pays a bit of rent, but is only part time as will soon be qualified.

I go out with my mates when I want and get shit faced, and she sees her friends whenever she wants! I still have a holiday with the lads abroad in Ibiza each year! (obviosuly still o away with her separately)

I really think you shouldn't think about where your at in life, just get on with it and live it!

p4uls corsa

29th Dec 08 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I settled down when i was 17, had our first kid at 18, now have another 3, been with my wife 10 years, dont regret setteling down early at all, now i have that side of my life out the way, i can get on with my life/career..
Tiger

29th Dec 08 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have to think whether its the right or wrong time to settle down, then it probably is too early.

I've known my missus for years but started seeing her 3 months ago, we're talking about moving in together in the summer already. It just feels right, I didnt have to think if that was the next logical step.

Then again, i'm 28 so older than a few on here questioning themselves.
Ellis

29th Dec 08 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't intend to settle down with my missus for years yet, plenty time for that shite when I'm older tbh
Kathryn W

29th Dec 08 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say im pretty much settled tbh.

I'm 19, engaged, have a mortgage and a house and a wedding the on the way.

Been with Gaz for nearly 5 years.

TBH i wouldn't have it any other way...
Daimo B

29th Dec 08 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marrage is a peice of paper.

Been with my half 9 years, when its time its time. There is no rush.
Andrew

29th Dec 08 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mother keeping tabs on me is enough
Ellis

29th Dec 08 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Marrage is a peice of paper.

Been with my half 9 years, when its time its time. There is no rush.
Well said
Nismo

29th Dec 08 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im 25 and got engaged last week, you will know when the time is right.

I will still have my lads night out, weekends away etc...
l15ter

29th Dec 08 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kathryn W

jump the gun a bit

too soon for my liking

mobby there are positives and negatives about each of them

having a girlfriend has its positives, like sex on a plate, quite nights in etc but it does have it down sides lads nights out

but being single isnt so good, spend more money cause you can get bored more, when you go out your not always going to pull, and if you do pull that girl might have a bf etc
Kerry

29th Dec 08 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe tomorrow i'll wanna settle down, until tomorrow i'll just keep moving on..

/littlest hobo
Kathryn W

29th Dec 08 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by l15ter
quote:

jump the gun a bit

too soon for my liking

For you perhaps yes..

But the saying is.. when you have found the one you will know.

Everyone is different and everyone moves in different paces...

I'm happy and so is the other half

And yes we both have our own lifes...
Andrew

29th Dec 08 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm happy and so is the other half

That's what he tells you

Carl

29th Dec 08 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say it depends on the situation and as you both as people, aspirations , what you both want to do with life, the interests you share. I've been with mine over 7 years I'm 24 soon to be 25. Through the time she has been to Uni and I have, different ones but not out of traveling distance. We spent 4 months living together in Ibiza together, shared loads of experiences together. I have mates who are married, some trying for a child although they are in totally different situations as they are a bit older, coining it in as Joiners etc, taken different paths. Ive been a different route and I am only just starting to work my way up the ladder, same for the missus who is aiming to be a solicitor, we both live at home still although they are around the corner from each other. I'm still far from settling down. We are both young and have plenty of life yet to live, we just want to do it together, don't need no marriage certificate or mortgage for that. Our aim is to live in Australia and bring some children up there, miles off at the moment so we'll just see how life unfolds for the foreseeable.

I think most people do things because everyone else does and it is seen as the done thing. I'd rather do things that suit ourselves as people and a couple.

Also need to add, i'm punching way above my weight, but I think i've someone is going to cheat they will, no point being controlling etc as that just breads it.

[Edited on 29-12-2008 by Carl]
Neo

29th Dec 08 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always wanted to

Life changed quite a lot, did the stuff most 19 year olds do, now with a nice girl, with no intentions on "settling down" for a good few years, need to get some money in my hand and wanna live fun. Get a nice new car etc.

Treat your body like a theme park ride, cos when you get older it isnt as fun ! settle down once my body has had enough !

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » when isit time to settle down? 22 database queries in 0.1731331 seconds