corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra GSI v Astra SRI

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra GSI v Astra SRI
Phi

User status: Offline
31st Dec 08 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob R
When SRI's went in for a service at Vauxhall and had the ecu software updated, the same map the GSI has was installed so they run on identical software.

what do you have now btw Rob!?
im hoping to find a SRi soon i can steal some bits off the GSi
j10E W

31st Dec 08 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

robs gay now and drives a grandma spec honda civic, he couldnt handle the astr so it had to go, poor lad
Phi

31st Dec 08 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what! a honda! M3 would have suited you better rob
wilson_sri

31st Dec 08 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only thing letting the srit down is the interior. But straight swap to astra VXR seats.
Mike GSi

31st Dec 08 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Z20LET the power is defo different, its not the ECU or map,

yes it is. read my previous post

sorry , just when i had my astra mapped there was only 2 options to choose from, Z20LET and Z20LEH

also when i bought my Map sensor from vauxhall, i told them my engine (Z20LET) and they still needed to know wether it was the Coupe or the SRIT as the part numbers are different on the Map sensor, also the AFM
Jambo

31st Dec 08 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it needs better steering feedback, as well as a stiffer rear end.
Ojc

31st Dec 08 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whiteline solves that, as does adding some camber adjusting bolts on the front to give some camber.
R1CH

31st Dec 08 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Z20LET
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Z20LET the power is defo different, its not the ECU or map,

yes it is. read my previous post

sorry , just when i had my astra mapped there was only 2 options to choose from, Z20LET and Z20LEH

also when i bought my Map sensor from vauxhall, i told them my engine (Z20LET) and they still needed to know wether it was the Coupe or the SRIT as the part numbers are different on the Map sensor, also the AFM

LEH is VXR
LET is GSI, SRi, Coupe
LER is Astra H SRi, Signum etc

LER and LET are the same engines just have different base maps.

Originally the SRi was lower power than the GSi, but as Rob said it was updated on servicing

The coupe and GSi share the same Map sensor! I have my dads coupe MAP sensor on my GSi the moment !

R1CH

31st Dec 08 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Whiteline solves that, as does adding some camber adjusting bolts on the front to give some camber.

Also the Caster Kit works wonders as well
SAL
Premium Member

31st Dec 08 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try driving one with good suspension set-up and arb upgrade's, oh and good tyre's also make a good difference.

I have been in a gsi using eibach coilover's and whiteline rear arb and it has made the car very good at cornering hard. Would be even better with some weight loss and strut braces.
Jambo

31st Dec 08 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the car doesnt struggle with mechanical grip, its just dull. Theres no feedback whatsoever like playing granturismo. The back end feels like its joined to the front with elastic bands the steerings vague and it rolls too much even with eibach springs.

There will be ways to make it handle better obviously, but std or near standard they just dont cut it!

Its just not "fun"

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra GSI v Astra SRI 22 database queries in 0.0129158 seconds