corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » ISA vs Pension [Money Day]

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ISA vs Pension [Money Day]
Robbo

User status: Offline
6th Jan 09 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not state pension, you die and it goes
Half Pint

6th Jan 09 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh i know that, but you can't opt out of paying for the state pension.... it's just tough shite!
Colin

6th Jan 09 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well my gran got a widows pension but said its nothing in comparison to what it should have been. They really lost out so on that basis as its the only thing I have to go on - im out!!

I should get final salary company pension anyway but thats a long way away & you never know whats going to happen etc.
Half Pint

6th Jan 09 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the goverment want people to plan for the future but as we've seen there is no real way of putting your money somewere safe that will guarantee any profit or return.....

and given that they always dig those who squander all their cash why can't everybody else!
Colin

6th Jan 09 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still think 2nd house is a winner. Buy something now, rent it out & sell in 30yrs time when I need the cash freed up, or let it roll & make an income once its paid.

Look at house prices for the last 30yrs. Ok it might slow down but even if it goes up 1/2 as much your still onto a winner!!?

My theory anyway!!
Cosmo

6th Jan 09 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Holding onto a house for 30yrs leaves you open to a lot of possible situations that could lose you a lot of money.
Colin

6th Jan 09 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How? Theres no way id go in a care home, id rather die trying to wipe my own arse.

Inheritance tax? I dont plan on leaving anything

I think its a better bet than a pension if youve got enough cash to cover a 2nd home if it doesnt rent out. 2 of my mates done so last year without any worry!!

[Edited on 06-01-2009 by Colin]
Cosmo

6th Jan 09 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I agree in theory that having a second house isnt that bad an investment, but over 30years a lot of costs can crop up in relation to the house, areas change into total shitholes, etc. etc.
Colin

6th Jan 09 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt nessiserily mean stick to one property for the 30yrs. Maybe start with a flat & move onto something else as & when - take opportunities as they surface. I dunno just my thoughts - Im not mad on the idea of pumping money into a private pension. Non-contributory company one on the other hand is alreet
Cosmo

6th Jan 09 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I didnt nessiserily mean stick to one property for the 30yrs. Maybe start with a flat & move onto something else as & when - take opportunities as they surface.

Well in that case I totally agree
deano87

6th Jan 09 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Non-contributory company one on the other hand is alreet

Can't exactly rely on them in the current climate

I'm not worrying about pension until I start working.

EDIT: Colin, couldn't you get life insurance or something for Jade, then make her have a canoeing accident?!

[Edited on 06-01-2009 by deano87]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » ISA vs Pension [Money Day] 22 database queries in 0.0100379 seconds