corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Salary advice please...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Salary advice please...
Cole

User status: Offline
12th Jan 09 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you leave your job
When you leave a job - for whatever reason - you can take the statutory holiday entitlement that you have accrued up to the time you leave during your notice period, as long as you give the right notice and your employer agrees.

You also have the right to be paid for any untaken statutory holiday entitlement that you have accrued.

If you have taken more leave than your accrued entitlement, your employer shouldn't take money from your final pay unless it's been agreed beforehand. Check your contract to see if there's any such agreement.

If you have been off sick for the whole of the holiday year, there is no legal right to receive any holiday pay when you leave.

taken from the direct.gov website

i would say i am finishing on wed you knew i was leaving sorry they cant take money from you if they do you can take em to court for example and you would win hands down
Cosmo

12th Jan 09 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They can take money from you, in the contract you'll find something like...'You agree to allow the repayment of any overpayment,, blah blah, blah'.

And if it doesnt have this, then its a shocking employment contract.
Cole

12th Jan 09 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check your contract or at least find it my comment above may be wrong so i will go and hide in a corner and keep my mouth shut lol
Cosmo

12th Jan 09 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only know as Ive just issued a new contract to the 50 or so people we employ, and thats in there for these sorts of situations (as well as someone people stupid when paying them and adding an extra zero to the real amount )
Fro

12th Jan 09 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my experience working for capita, they LOVE to reclaim anything back from employees that leave. Holiday pay, season ticket loan, pc loan etc They just invoice the people once they have left, then i get them phoning up in a hissy fit
JadeM
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right the boss has had me into his office today. He's not happy that I'm not going to stay till the end of the month. I basically told him I'd worked my months notice and was deffo going on Friday, and if he had overpaid me to take it off my final salary. He has since MSN'd me saying he's asked my replacement to start tomorrow so I can train her and he'll work out my final salary before Friday.

He's not commited himself as to whether he's going to take off the 2 weeks holiday or not yet If I knew he deffo was going to deduct it, I'd be VERY tempted to go sick for the next 3 days and leave them in the shit

Cosmo

13th Jan 09 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Find your contract and post up how many holidays you've taken, how many entitled to and when they run from and I'll work out how many days (if any) he is going to take off you. Then you can work out if to have that bug thats going around lately or not!!
Fad

13th Jan 09 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty rubbish how they have left recruiting to the last minute and then trying to palm it off on you!

I would just let them have the money for peace of mind I was going to a better job
JadeM
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo, I can't find my contract. I do have it somewhere I'll need to have a better look when I get home

Fad, thats what I had planned. I'd rather leave owing them nothing, and I really didnt want to leave under a cloud if possible
Colin

13th Jan 09 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do you need to train the new start.........I mean how hard is it to answer the telephone?
JadeM
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Why do you need to train the new start.........I mean how hard is it to answer the telephone?

Thanks .......
Colin

13th Jan 09 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You going to train him/her how to skive all day?
Colin

13th Jan 09 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reg pay - Id ask straight up, are you going to pay me up until Friday, otherwise ill just finish now thanks!
Fad

13th Jan 09 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM

Fad, thats what I had planned. I'd rather leave owing them nothing, and I really didnt want to leave under a cloud if possible

Its gone past that now if they are willing to mess you around and you have worked your notice then tough luck. Check that your references have all gone through though
Robbo

13th Jan 09 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm afraid legally you are a little screwed... you're only 2 months into your holidya year so only accrued 2/12 of your entitlement which I'm bettign doesn't cover 2 weeks at Xmas... however, I would eprsonal;ly speak to CAB as if the office was closed you couldn'rt have done anything

Alternatively, speak toy uor new employer and ex;plain the situation, they may allow you to defer joining by a few weeks or even offer to make up the pay for you, if you dsont ask you don't get
Robbo

13th Jan 09 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM
Right the boss has had me into his office today. He's not happy that I'm not going to stay till the end of the month. I basically told him I'd worked my months notice and was deffo going on Friday, and if he had overpaid me to take it off my final salary. He has since MSN'd me saying he's asked my replacement to start tomorrow so I can train her and he'll work out my final salary before Friday.

He's not commited himself as to whether he's going to take off the 2 weeks holiday or not yet If I knew he deffo was going to deduct it, I'd be VERY tempted to go sick for the next 3 days and leave them in the shit

Not being funny here as I fully udnerstand your points but your attitude in the last sentence sucks, they ahvent really done anythign wrong in fairness and it is up to you to make sure you don;t take more holiday than you're entitled to
Robbo

13th Jan 09 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, just to add, you may not care but you can still be fired during your notice period, they still can't give a bad reference but if asked they cna say they terminated your employment so I would be wary about leavign them in the shit
_Allan_

13th Jan 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
I'm afraid legally you are a little screwed... you're only 2 months into your holidya year so only accrued 2/12 of your entitlement which I'm bettign doesn't cover 2 weeks at Xmas... however, I would eprsonal;ly speak to CAB as if the office was closed you couldn'rt have done anything

Alternatively, speak toy uor new employer and ex;plain the situation, they may allow you to defer joining by a few weeks or even offer to make up the pay for you, if you dsont ask you don't get

Are you pissed Robbo?
Robbo

13th Jan 09 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i just cant type for shit
Colin

13th Jan 09 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rob the companys taking the piss & have for a long time before now.

Asking her to work to the end of the month when 1. she handed in her notice in the middle of December & 2. will be out of pocket if she works on as her new job pays a good bit more (reason for leaving).

If they pulled this on me on my last week giving threats of no pay id be considering walking too.
Robbo

13th Jan 09 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK my wording there is shit, but the point I was tryign to make is that from an employers point of view they would be doign nothign wrong by deducting pay for the additional holidays youve had over an above your entitlement. If you miraculously went off ill in your last few days and there was a clause in your contratc (as there is in many) that states they can request a doctors certificate for evne a days absence then you may find a wanker manager (this one deosnt sound greta tbh!) requests one and if you cant provide etc they may even be as tempted as to fire you (seen this done before before anyoen suggests its a bit pie in the sky!)

Just a warnign as to the negative effects anyhoo
Robbo

13th Jan 09 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If they pulled this on me on my last week giving threats of no pay id be considering walking too.
I would too, as I said in ym last post juist tryign to put across the poitn of view of a dodgy employer as, as I said, Ive seen people fired in their last few days before
JadeM
Premium Member

13th Jan 09 at 16:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Robbo

I've always been conciensious about my work, ever since I started with them. I take on a lot more work than I'm paid for, doing the buying and stuff when the buyers off not getting paid an extra penny for it!

I can see your point about the wages, but my attitude isnt shit I'm just totally pissed off at there attitude to me and now feel I owe them nothing. They have known for a full month that I was leaving on Friday, they only threw the wages thing in my face yesterday when I told them I needed to leave on Friday as planned
Andrew

13th Jan 09 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Rob the companys taking the piss & have for a long time before now.

Asking her to work to the end of the month when 1. she handed in her notice in the middle of December & 2. will be out of pocket if she works on as her new job pays a good bit more (reason for leaving).

Considering.. I would have gone mate
Fad

13th Jan 09 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just look forwards to your new job....proper QS'ing this time I hope?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Salary advice please... 22 database queries in 0.0170660 seconds