corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ouija Boards

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ouija Boards
Tiger

User status: Offline
13th Jan 09 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi
so your muscles can move something at the otehr end of the room?

Do you know how a ouija board is suppose to work? Clearly not if you believe you move the glass with comic superhero style powers

With everyone lightly touching the glass (or what ever) someone will be pushing it slightly unknowingly.

Tiger - There's been more research into ideomotor movement than what Derren Brown has stated in his book. Eitherway you believe what you want, but i edge my bets with science.

[Edited on 13-01-2009 by Dom]

Derren Brown is clever, science is clever, we far from know everything about everything though.
Tiger

13th Jan 09 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
Gas? It'll never replace coal.

What? Man going to the moon? Don't be so daft........

History has proved many things.

So Derren Brown is being naive and ouija boards will provide a method of communication to the afterlife in years to come?

The evolotion of fuel and space travel is slightly different to a couple of emos with a bit of card and an upturned pint glass

I dont believe Derren Brown. I dont believe you talk to dead people through ouija boards. The fact is, I dont know, and no-one else can say 100% either. End of story.
Kevxx

13th Jan 09 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

duh...science never said it did know everything, just humans thought that, it's an on going process which will show facts, and it's pretty brutal unlike most beliefs once proven wrong it's chucked out!
Hammer

13th Jan 09 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

So Derren Brown is being naive and ouija boards will provide a method of communication to the afterlife in years to come?

The evolotion of fuel and space travel is slightly different to a couple of emos with a bit of card and an upturned pint glass

I dont believe Derren Brown. I dont believe you talk to dead people through ouija boards. The fact is, I dont know, and no-one else can say 100% either. End of story.

I don't even know what Derren Brown did or said tbh I'm basing it on the fact it's ludicrous (not the rapper).

However if you wish to believe it's real as governments haven't tested it either way then knock yourself out. I suppose it must be cool living in a land of Fairies, Leprachauns and Santa
Tiger

13th Jan 09 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh it is, the fairies are fit as fook too
John

13th Jan 09 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can tell you 100% that you can't talk to dead people through some letters on a bit of wood and a glass, they're dead.
Dom

13th Jan 09 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

You can easily test ideomotor movement by holding a pendulum and visually force it in a direction. Eventually you're able to control the movement without even realising it.
And there are plenty of theories into brain visualisation, whereby if you believe that something happens, you will eventually "see" it happen - ie: ghosts etc

And yes science doesn't know everything and like kev said, sciencest never said they did either but slowly theories are being proven.

And if you're wanting to read more look at 'muscle reading', often used by "fortune tellers".
Dav

13th Jan 09 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used Quija boards a few times when I was at high school and college. Only once something "strange" ever happened. I can't remember why but I stopped playing (probably bored or something) and I got an absolutey agonising pain in my kidneys. It felt like they were being ripped out. It doubled me over in pain and almost brought me to tears. It lasted about 10 minutes then completely stopped as fast as it'd started. I put it down to coincidence though as the other times absolutely nothing happened that couldn't be explained.
andy1868

13th Jan 09 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did one once when they did it on that derren brown thing, was a load of bollocks

i have afew ghost stories though, my office is in a building that is hundreds of years old and well known to be "haunted". it used to be the work house master's house back in the day, anybody that died in the workhouse was buried where the back garden is now. funnily enough though, the ghostly experiences point more to my boss' ex wife haunting the place

[Edited on 13-01-2009 by andy1868]
N3CRO

13th Jan 09 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't be stupid enuff to use one.
John

13th Jan 09 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because the spirits might eat you or because it's such a retarded idea?
Tiger

13th Jan 09 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Because the spirits might eat you or because it's such a retarded idea?

I think it's more because people could become mentally disturbed if something happened that was caused by either another person in the group or by whatever else is at work, should there be something else.
Huwsi

14th Jan 09 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they seem to think that they work on most haunted
C2RL R

14th Jan 09 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dav
I used Quija boards a few times when I was at high school and college. Only once something "strange" ever happened. I can't remember why but I stopped playing (probably bored or something) and I got an absolutey agonising pain in my kidneys. It felt like they were being ripped out. It doubled me over in pain and almost brought me to tears. It lasted about 10 minutes then completely stopped as fast as it'd started. I put it down to coincidence though as the other times absolutely nothing happened that couldn't be explained.

Ouija Boards = Kidney stones

Does Tiger really think the Earth is hollow?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ouija Boards 22 database queries in 0.3454449 seconds