corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Annoying things people say (credit crunch)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Annoying things people say (credit crunch)
Carl

User status: Offline
17th Jan 09 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik

I've just whacked £50 of fuel in my Sierra, credit crunch, what credit crunch?

[Edited on 17-01-2009 by nik]

It seperates the wheat from the chaff (sp) in the areas what the economic downturn has effected. There will be innocent people affected, but the thing is its the numpties that will get bailed out. It's like the thing where people got their bank charges back, 10% might have been by circumstance and yes they were a rip off,but you can bet your bottom dollar there were a lot more from just being wank with their money, buying stuff they couldn't afford etc ending up getting thousands back.
ed

17th Jan 09 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no money, but that's because my outgoings exceed my income, I think I'll put that down to the looming recession though

Cosmo

17th Jan 09 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I have no money, but that's because my outgoings exceed my income, I think I'll put that down to the looming recession though

I may have some more work for you soon
Charlene

17th Jan 09 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't think it would affect my work, with working in a private nursery, most of our parents are highly paid/rich parents and have good jobs, although at staff meeting we have been told that parents are wanting to drop days and we are getting a bit quieter , considering before christmas we got told in January/Feb we were full and had no places for more children, its quite scary.

Saying that though, I know my job should be safe for 2 years as im doing a uni course and if she lets me go she will have to pay the course
VegasPhil
Premium Member

17th Jan 09 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking

Go Jambo - I said exactly the same thing earlier.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
bubble

17th Jan 09 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

credit crunch? people still blitzing their mobile phones
mwg

17th Jan 09 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our bosses are using the "credit crunch" as excuses for various things when it suits them.

We have had a loss of small jobs but we have that many big money jobs on its not made a difference.
Bonney

17th Jan 09 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed

In the same boat here,
Adam_B

17th Jan 09 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I blame the newspapers.
Ojc

17th Jan 09 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Credit Crunch? I just sold the Fiesta RS & been ringing for other cars and they are all sold, people are still buying and selling.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

17th Jan 09 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to a car showroom on Wednesday at about 1 o'clock and whilst I was in there they sold their 4th car of the day, not all dirt cheap hatchbacks too, the 4th car was a Passat up for around 3.5k iirc, he paid cash.

Since this whole 'credit crunch' thing has started we've seen some of our best weeks trading
J da Silva

17th Jan 09 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Our sales have increased on previous years so far - so imo the credit crunch exists about as much as friendly terrorists do.

Hello there squire, would you be so kind as to let me blow the heck out of your bottom old chap? Oh spiffing Jeaves!
Joe

17th Jan 09 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I blame deano!
mattk

17th Jan 09 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
I blame deano!

and his phrase "current climate"
Joe

17th Jan 09 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I predict he will be in here telling us about his dad being a brick layer soon. Although we may have scared him off now
John

17th Jan 09 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a 'credit crunch', it was totally media created imo, probably in cahoots with the govt, Brown will get re-elected now whereas he might not have before this.

People don't just stop spending, people with money may buy more because prices are lower, that doesn't mean other people aren't hit by it.
Jake

17th Jan 09 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate talking about it but ive only worked 1 day since the 23rd of december. most of out work came from people who were getting loans to pay for the work, banks arent giving out any money so im not getting any work
Colin

17th Jan 09 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Ive not been affected either but I wouldnt like to try & borrow money just now as I expect it will be difficult.
corsa120

17th Jan 09 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats wrong colin, least round here anyways, banks are lending money to people cos i know 8 people who have just took out loans between 2-10k from many high street banks all friends buying cars/housing improvements etc etc

fact is business must rely on much more money than the odd 2k normal people want as i would imagine.

my mate got routine call from barclays yesterday doing account review for him and they literally were giving him a loan over the phone.............

we are in a recession but spending has stopped mostly because of the media in my eyes blowing it all out of proportion, for example my house has not dropped in value at all, although i know some have up and down the country obviously and job losses round my way seem very minimal.

foreigners have not helped our econemy, by flooding here and then sending all the money back home, in-turn not putting back into our econemy.... whole thing stinks
Colin

17th Jan 09 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just speak from the facts, mortgage aprovals are down to one tenth of the year before.

Not sure about small loans, they might not be as badly effected.
Tiesto

17th Jan 09 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well our company is hit hard, maybe closing down in near future.

New build housing designs btw.
J da Silva

17th Jan 09 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brother had a mortgage refusal by just about everyone in 2006 on a 2 bedroomed town house worth £95k, this morning he rang me up to say he is loving decorating his new home which he had a mortgage granted for £137k on a 3 bedroom semi with 6 main lenders all offering him the money, he went with the less 'bulk payment' penalties.

It's a buyer's house market at the moment, the buyer can call the shots because no matter what 'climate' it is, people still divorce and sell their homes, people still move on.
Graham88

17th Jan 09 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't even noticed in the slightest, only way I've noticed it is for the better when high performance or higher maintenance cars are cheaper, which is a win tbh.

I just think it's being used as an excuse
Demo

17th Jan 09 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
My 2009 is looking up, on the road to promotion at work

Credit crunch? What credit crunch?!

ditto

and im off to oz twice this year. fuck the credit crunch
wilson_sri

17th Jan 09 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havent noticed the credit crunch at all, to be honest im actually better off than i was this time last year!
Im getting a lot of valeting work in and were selling vans left, right and centre.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Annoying things people say (credit crunch) 23 database queries in 0.0141339 seconds