corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What are LET's like to live with?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What are LET's like to live with?
craig_s

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 09 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you after a corsa let or a calibra/cav?
Mike GSi

22nd Jan 09 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa/Nova LET/XE
Col004

22nd Jan 09 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines never missed a beat. Like Nic say's... in a nut shell.... if the car is built right then it is right for many many FUN miles. Ill never part with mine. There too much fun.

[Edited on 22-01-2009 by Col004]
fazza

22nd Jan 09 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

If i did it again id do what fazza is doing...do it yourself + part rebuild

my whole engine has been rebuilt mate even the head now

will be doing the turbo in the near future if i keep the standard kkk otherwise something else
FruitBooTeR

22nd Jan 09 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh my bad lol didnt realise you were doing a full rebuild

Youve certainly got balls doing it yourself and your making it look easy too
fazza

22nd Jan 09 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u want another one realy jay

thought there was no point fucking about, and may aswell go all out on the engine rebuild wise to save any future problems
Ash_EP3

22nd Jan 09 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always wondered what the torque steer would be like in one of these and how quickly you go through tyres - say if you were driving in normal conditions with some heavy right foot
fazza

22nd Jan 09 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think it all depends on whether u have a LSD and also equal length cav shafts.

the equal length shafts make a big difference so i am told.
Iain M

22nd Jan 09 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
TBH find the right one, see it running, get the right person to do the conversion or do it yourself and you are onto a winner.

Couldn't agree more - but me personnally i am not mechanically minded so thats why someone else who is fixes it for me.
Fro

22nd Jan 09 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S214_UPP
I've always wondered what the torque steer would be like in one of these and how quickly you go through tyres - say if you were driving in normal conditions with some heavy right foot

You will only go through tyres quicker if you are doing burnouts and wheelspinning it everywhere.
Ash_EP3

22nd Jan 09 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
quote:

You will only go through tyres quicker if you are doing burnouts and wheelspinning it everywhere.

And hard-cornering

Well from the vids I've seen whenever the power kicks in the wheels just spin for the first few gears that's why I asked
Jambo

22nd Jan 09 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mike your mad. Keep the Bm.

The corsa would be fun, and faster in a straight line. But it will handle cack have no refinement and be a pain unless you spend a fortune on it. This is fine if you want to but i seem to remember you wanted to save money?

Great as a second car imo.
Iain M

22nd Jan 09 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't go backwards mate tbh. If you want to LET something then Zlet a corsa C newer - stronger engine and shell - more reliable far loads of tuning options.

This is my opinion ok.
Mike GSi

22nd Jan 09 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iain theres no way i could afford a Corsa C LET

Jambo, you always talk sense which in this case isnt good becuase i want a LET, Maybe i should stick with the XE
Oh i dont know
Corsa Matt

22nd Jan 09 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like my missus on a good day they are fine, On a bad day they can be a real bitch lol
Iain M

22nd Jan 09 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough Mike.
SteveW

22nd Jan 09 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LET's are wicked fun.. overboost of 26psi can be a little scary, especially when the duff software tries holding boost at that level and the car takes off like a rocket

Other than that they are great but i would seriously consider it as a 2nd car as if you give it a good boot round a corner you WILL fall off the road
Mike GSi

22nd Jan 09 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH the money im willing to pay, i would rather get a very tidy XE rather than a cheap LET with problems
Luke

22nd Jan 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What would your budget be mike if you don't mind me asking?
Nic Barnes

22nd Jan 09 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

ive had yoko a539's on the front now for many miles. ive gone through 2 sets in 27k of having the car turbo'd. thing is, if your driving it normally, its a normal car. you dont need to attach the happy pedal to the floor all the time as the acceleration is damn good from low down even at light throttle

torque steer? tbh in the first few gears the wheelspin means you dont really feel it that much. also you get used to it and used to how to drive the car. you need to feel the pants shitting moment at 140+mph when changing from 5th to 6th as my car tries to wheelspin again and then goes a little bit left then right. its ok on the right bit of road (airflied i mean). then again a std let wouldnt suffer that so its not an issue.

torque steer comments are very over rated and a popular internet answer really.
Col004

22nd Jan 09 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:

ive had yoko a539's on the front now for many miles. ive gone through 2 sets in 27k of having the car turbo'd. thing is, if your driving it normally, its a normal car. you dont need to attach the happy pedal to the floor all the time as the acceleration is damn good from low down even at light throttle

torque steer? tbh in the first few gears the wheelspin means you dont really feel it that much. also you get used to it and used to how to drive the car. you need to feel the pants shitting moment at 140+mph when changing from 5th to 6th as my car tries to wheelspin again and then goes a little bit left then right. its ok on the right bit of road (airflied i mean). then again a std let wouldnt suffer that so its not an issue.

torque steer comments are very over rated and a popular internet answer really.

with you all the way there nic... mines not as powerful as yours mate but people who say that there turbo pulls them all over the road are talking rubbish and they must need there tracking doing.... unless there silly silly power. if its up to 300 brake its not that big of an issue and you do get used to it. mine has'nt even got an lsd in it and its spot on. and mines a tad over 250hp.
Nic Barnes

22nd Jan 09 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, its half the cobbled together conversions give proper ones a bad name col. thats all i can think of. i do get torque steer yes. but its not like people imagine.

build it right, it will be right.
Nic Barnes

22nd Jan 09 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was trying to find a video of incar that shows steering wheel but i dont actually have any. bugger.
Col004

22nd Jan 09 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol bet yours if awsome when it come on song mate coz i love mine... yours must be insane hahaha
Nic Barnes

22nd Jan 09 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its marginally quicker than it was when you seen it a few years ago.

whatever happened to your mates hastra turbo that was down at blueflame with you? had a t3 on it and other goodies if i remember him saying?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What are LET's like to live with? 22 database queries in 0.0135190 seconds