corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Something that really grinds my gears (#2)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Something that really grinds my gears (#2)
smack

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 09 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

granted my spelling is of a 5 year old john, however the content is never closer to the truth
Faye_2003

23rd Jan 09 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aah my friend did this when he went to Thailand and kept updating his facebook every hour or so, probably had facebook on his mobile though.
Paul_J

23rd Jan 09 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne
quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
If its so great, why the FUCK are you on the internet!? Go outside and see some shit.

You do have a very good point tbh.

The thing is... you say 'why are you on the internet, go see some shit' - but you can't be 'seeing / doing' stuff every minute of every day!

Like now, I'm waiting 12 hours before I get on a flight to Hong Kong! I've got A LOT of time to kill. Plus most of the time I only ever use the internet in 'boring' times, like in the morning or at night, obviously on days where I'm not doing anything else (usually 'lack of' money related).

To be honest Jambo, I think I know what you mean. I've got some people who are travelling that literally change their status everyday, saying 'I'm in bla bla... I did bla bla...' and upload pictures almost daily... you do start thinking 'give a shit' - especially since most of their photos are of the same things / places I've been to and also taken photos of...

... However... I don't see how this is any different to the morons I know back home, who are also updating their status / adding photos every two seconds like

Status Update - 10:42am 'Clare is eating breakfast'
Status Update - 11:45am 'Clare is hungry again'
Status Update - 12:30pm 'Clare just had a ham toastie for lunch, it was yummy'
Status Update - 4pm 'Clare can't wait to go home, work is dull'
Status Update - 6pm 'Clare is eating chinese food tonight! yummy!'

ETC ETC ETC

Plus it's pretty annoying seeing photo's of other people's lives / children / nights out that I don't really care about any more ... however that is FACEBOOK (So if you don't like facebook, just remove them, give the 'thumbs down on stories from that person or don't use it).

Personally, I upload photo's whenever I can! This is mainly for the reason that it makes it easy to show my family and any friends that care, but also it gives a temp back up - just incase my camera was to die (and I did kill one in Thailand jumping off a boat into water! thankfully the SD card survived).

I just don't really see it as the 'worst' crime in the world to upload / update people 'who may be interested' - in what you're doing. At least their doing something more interesting than just writing about what they are eating for breakfast every day on their status.
Andrew

23rd Jan 09 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
MPG MPG MPG MPG MPG

500 miles to £40
Marc

23rd Jan 09 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I would also like to add, if you go to Thailand and only Thailand its not really travelling is it?! Its called a fucking holiday.

What about if you "travel" across the entire country?
J da Silva

23rd Jan 09 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't travel, I just go places when I want to, I couldn't plan my whereabouts and work to an agenda.
Demo

23rd Jan 09 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

girl in work with me got married in september and went to jamaica for her honeymoon for 2 weeks

and she mustve spent most of it on facebook updating her status the silly bint

all i can say is either she hated ethnic minorities and didnt venture outdoors or her husband has a tiny penis
Tommy L

24th Jan 09 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath

24th Jan 09 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo moans more than me IMO.
mattk

24th Jan 09 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I HATE Facebook and all that shit
Carl

24th Jan 09 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk

Nothing wrong with facebook, its the morons sat typing that are the problem. I know lets type lol at the end of every possible sentence.

My grandad died today lol.
I've just had a banging shit lol.
My sister has cancer lol.
I just triped over lol.

Anyone over the age of 18 that does this should be put down. The world would be a better place.
SVM 286

24th Jan 09 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
$5.

''ten dollah''
X 60RSA

24th Jan 09 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Typical ones I get are:

I love my g/f so much
I'm depressed
Had a great day
Misses my g/f so much

If you go on facebook bragging about how much you like or miss your g/f......tells me one thing, you've been cheating and feel guilty!

Really hate people that spend there whole day saying what they are doing hour by hour, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
ed

24th Jan 09 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm now on holiday France and I'm on the Internet. Check me.
Rich H

24th Jan 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had more of an issue with people finding the need to update statuses etc every 5 minutes or so rather than people who are away travelling and posting up photos every so often. I agree with both points of view, but tend to find the travelling photos remotely interesting for a bit

I deleted Facebook in the end anyway as I was sick of people adding me when they didn't know me (its not MySpace FFS!) the million and one invites for pointless applications and the need to constantly update statuses

Yes I'm boring I suppose!!
Tommy L

24th Jan 09 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by X 60RSA
Typical ones I get are:

I love my g/f so much

Misses my g/f so much

If you go on facebook bragging about how much you like or miss your g/f......tells me one thing, you've been cheating and feel guilty!

Really hate people that spend there whole day saying what they are doing hour by hour, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Someone on here does that alllllllllllllllll the time, and that gets on my nerves.
Wrighty

24th Jan 09 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk

what Matt said..its sad
Graham88

24th Jan 09 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Paul says, if you dislike seeing stuff about them, you can choose to see less about them, I have a few on my list like that, it works well

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Something that really grinds my gears (#2) 22 database queries in 0.0102251 seconds