corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clean Car- Products to use?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clean Car- Products to use?
Minty_Fresh

User status: Offline
28th Jan 09 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best thing you can come out with after being proven wrong lol..

DaveyLC

28th Jan 09 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spend hours/days polishing a whole car five times or an hour max mopping it once? That is a difficult choice I must admit. Clearly I'm in the wrong.

[Edited on 28-01-2009 by DaveyLC]
John

28th Jan 09 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everybody can go and buy a bottle of SRP and waste some time.

Not everybody wants or has the skills to go and get a machine polisher and mop it.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

28th Jan 09 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so mopping will remove all defects?

I got my corsa mopped when I first got it from pink(ish) to red and although lovely and red it still had swirls!

5 times is a bit extrme, but your only going to do that on the bad areas that need extra attention anyways

5 times rubbing for 2mins each time ---> 10mins 20 secs to buff off, hardly going to take days!

Not trying to argue here Dave, I don't use SRP either just seems to get great reviews for its filling swirl removal! But if people use it then don't bother to wax after then next wash its pretty much wasted!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
DaveyLC

28th Jan 09 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My argument is more why not spend the money you would w**k up the wall on expensive labour saving addative rich products on a variable speed machine polisher Or just pay someone once to mop your car and keep on top of it by cleaning weekly with a normal shampoo and a semi decent wax.
DaveyLC

28th Jan 09 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa

I got my corsa mopped when I first got it from pink(ish) to red and although lovely and red it still had swirls!

5 times is a bit extrme, but your only going to do that on the bad areas that need extra attention anyways

5 times rubbing for 2mins each time ---> 10mins 20 secs to buff off, hardly going to take days!

Not trying to argue here Dave, I don't use SRP either just seems to get great reviews for its filling swirl removal! But if people use it then don't bother to wax after then next wash its pretty much wasted!

But its not actually removing the swirl marks, its just filling them with crap
Minty_Fresh

28th Jan 09 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesnt matter does it tbh, still doesnt effect the paint if its filled the small swirl marks, plus you can see them..
stubbsy05

28th Jan 09 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well just got back from halfords with some Autoglym Shampoo, Super Resin Polish, Sponge and some Polishing cloths all for £11.

Good times
Corsa_Quadz

28th Jan 09 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P1CK4D
Fairy liquid and hot water

I used that on my mums old car and it dulled the paintwork a treat! never using that combo again!
Richardhhha

28th Jan 09 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found giving it a was with a premium shampoo and conditioner is good, then id advise a bit of clay baring so it removes all the crap off the paint, anoher quick wash,then dry with what every you want really just make sure its dry, then ive used SRP work it in good and proper, then after thats done id advise a wax, im using meguiars NXT wax atm and the stuff is ace for my needs. as mobby said on my thread about this bit of elbo grease and you'll get good results.
D-A-V-E-

28th Jan 09 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I quite like TripleWax Shampoo

Btw i was just wondering what good products there are for getting a good shine out of silver cars?

Its so hard to get a deep shine from my star silver
Minty_Fresh

28th Jan 09 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant get a deep shine on a silver car as its not a deep colour..

i had the same problem with my silver corsa, never ust to shine just looked very as such, but thing is, pay attention to the trim detail and tyre shine, made a difference to the car

heres my old corsa (cleaned)

John

28th Jan 09 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks shiny to me.

That's just meguiars polish and nxt tech wax btw.

[Edited on 28-01-2009 by John]
D-A-V-E-

28th Jan 09 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea looks well I could try that with my bumpers but i think the previous owners sprayed them....would rubbing them with spirits/petrol take any of the rubbish off?
Rich H

28th Jan 09 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can make a silver car look very "wet" and the metallic flakes "pop" It's just a case of using the right stuff.

[Edited on 28-01-2009 by Rich H]
--DAN--

28th Jan 09 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_boy
cant get a deep shine on a silver car as its not a deep colour..

i had the same problem with my silver corsa, never ust to shine just looked very as such, but thing is, pay attention to the trim detail and tyre shine, made a difference to the car

heres my old corsa (cleaned)

Looks like decent finish that mate but for my Mrs old Zetec S I used to use Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze which gives a really glossy/wet finish on silver.
DaveyLC

28th Jan 09 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are right about silver.. You can make it 'shiney' but its harder than darker colours..
Minty_Fresh

28th Jan 09 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks shiney because the picture has been sharpend..

any ideas whats best to use on a white car?
shaunmods
Premium Member

28th Jan 09 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Super resin polish mate! works wonders on white cars
Minty_Fresh

28th Jan 09 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks dude, was waiting for you to pop up with an answer for me
Ben G

28th Jan 09 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've tried meguiars polish and autoglym SRP and i have to say, SRP was so much easier to apply/remove and had a better finish IMO.

but, i would definitely use a wax to seal the polish in. i waxed my car last weekend for the first time in a few months and you could tell the difference straight away. the colour looked flat before, now it looks like it has a lot of depth to it.
Benn

30th Jan 09 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa

It really depends on whats been used really and how its been done.
When mopping a car you can make more swirl marks then you remove if you dont know what your doing or dont have a clean surface. I mopped a mates astra, was past faded. It was pink and the surface has started to ozidice so you could rub your faces over it and your hand could come off coverd in pink. It finshed up bright deep red with no swirl marks at all.

Polishing by hand is a very very tedius act. But can be better is you cant/dont know how to mop a car.
wilson_sri

30th Jan 09 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Zaino range is the best i have found for my white nova.

http://www.zainoeurope.com/

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Clean Car- Products to use? 23 database queries in 0.3232620 seconds