corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pissed aff!!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pissed aff!!!
Butler

User status: Offline
30th Jan 09 at 03:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds ridiculous to me!!
Butler

30th Jan 09 at 03:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been pulled over a few times in my 106, I been asked why I have no interior. Most the time its 'I hope thats not to make you go faster', to which I reply, 'It is actually, surprises quite a few cars', they look well angry, obviously to follow it up by 'yeah its my track car, dont drive it on the road much actually'... lol
Graham88

30th Jan 09 at 05:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate VOSA so much.

Hope it all gets sorted mate although from replies in this thread sounds like you'll be ok and should win the argument.
Adam-D

30th Jan 09 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

takes the piss
pow
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 08:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VOSA take the fucking Piss
Jambo

30th Jan 09 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OMG what a jobsworth cunt

People like him andf others alike (who usually work for councils) are what is wrong with England in 2009

Hope you get it sorted Eck
VegasPhil
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a VOSA inspection. Was a roadblock when leaving a cruise. They were fine with it.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
ChrisBoom

30th Jan 09 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Apparently if there are no interior panels, the sharp edges are unsafe for passengers... THERE ARE NO FUCKING BACK SEATS FOR FUCKING PASSENGERS.

Still put people in the back though, dodgy times with the test drive
Haimsey
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 13:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking bollocks

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Eck
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBoom
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Apparently if there are no interior panels, the sharp edges are unsafe for passengers... THERE ARE NO FUCKING BACK SEATS FOR FUCKING PASSENGERS.

Still put people in the back though, dodgy times with the test drive

Meh, he chose to take the gamble.
-wylo-

30th Jan 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where'd you get pulled eck? prom? Fukin polis in kirkcaldy are jobsworth wankers! My starlet was stripped bare and breezed an MOT, it only had an advisory as it was a 5seater vehicle and had no rear seatbelts.. but that doesnt make it illegal when there is nowhere for the passengers to sit! Never heard such shite in my life!!
Eck
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 13:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, got it in one mate. Most of the polis that stop me are sound, and I get a great laugh with them! But after this episode, if I get stopped again I will be claiming harassment!
.dean.

30th Jan 09 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you got a car of tom205 so sounds about right
K2NY-G

30th Jan 09 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seen it happen eck! i was down in my pals gti, wondered what had happned when i seen it sitting there with you gone
Eck
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by .dean.

Care to elaborate?

Aye Kenny, had to go to a phonebox to get a lift home as I've not topped up my phone Only to remember my change was in the fucking car So had to go back down, again

[Edited on 30-01-2009 by Eck]
Daimo B

30th Jan 09 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have a field day with someone like that.

RE the above "hope its not to go faster"

I'd say, no, of course not. i' thought i'd remove weight fromt eh car to make it more bargy and fat like that car your driving. Fancy a race???

*then await big rant about racing on roads etc*

Then go "who said anything about road racing? I was thinking a track day? Someone its a little pretentious arn't they"

I'd then carry on to say I can accelerate as fast as I want to as long as the wheels don't loose traction and i maintain a speed under the speed limit. So take your un-educated VOSA ass and go find some un-insured and taxed pikey cars to destroy. Bet you won't though, it requires balls and actual work to be done
Eck
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't be arsed getting in even more shite But the best bit for me is when they ALWAYS say "What's wrong with your bonnet"
Daimo B

30th Jan 09 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ans:

The thing thats wrong with my bonnet is the completle lack of understanding of the person asking the question.
.dean.

30th Jan 09 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by .dean.

Care to elaborate?[Edited on 30-01-2009 by Eck]

tape n blue tack insead of bolts plastic rollcage ive sein everything with him, ruff arse aint the word
Kano

30th Jan 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go down and pick it up Eck, theres nobody down there during the day... Drove past it ealrier on in the works van and wondered if it had broken down. I'm pretty sure that they cant void the MOT you just have to get those particular items tested.
Graham88

30th Jan 09 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They'll have the key surely?
Mike GSi

30th Jan 09 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you have an MOT booked you can legally Drive it,

unless its a prohibitation order thing, which you would have got a piece of paper saying the vehicle is prohibited from the public highway! even then you can move it if you have an MOT booked. i would book an MOT then drive it home at the very least! then cancel the MOT.
Daimo B

30th Jan 09 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VOSA don't have the power to arrest you, so you don't have to hand over the keys.

I'd drive it home, fight them in court if it came to it. You have so many cases of wrong doing behined you its untrue. Plus thousands of examples of "road legal" stripped out cars.

Exposed fan IS an MOT failure though. Hence why a bonnet it needed. Its only actually needed to cover certain components of an engine (fan belt etc). But if those componets are safely covered then you can get away without a bonnet.

So the fans being exposed is an issue, IF they are actaully exposed. If we're talking 2-3 fingers, then he has no grounds and i'd fight fight fight.

With age comes experience I row with coppers if i feel im in the right
Chopster

30th Jan 09 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got pulled over by the police a little while ago and there were aload of people from vosa doing checks, mine was fully stripped out and all he said was where is the interior, all i said was not in here mate. u cant get done for having no interior unless ur carrying some people from a different country in the back!
Eck
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 17:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
VOSA don't have the power to arrest you, so you don't have to hand over the keys.

I'd drive it home, fight them in court if it came to it. You have so many cases of wrong doing behined you its untrue. Plus thousands of examples of "road legal" stripped out cars.

Exposed fan IS an MOT failure though. Hence why a bonnet it needed. Its only actually needed to cover certain components of an engine (fan belt etc). But if those componets are safely covered then you can get away without a bonnet.

So the fans being exposed is an issue, IF they are actaully exposed. If we're talking 2-3 fingers, then he has no grounds and i'd fight fight fight.

With age comes experience I row with coppers if i feel im in the right

Well the fan itself is quite exposed I've been informed that it was deemed unsafe because of:

A loose battery - To be fair, that can be amended there and then

Exposed fan - After talking to a couple of MOT testers that isn't a fail

Dodgey wiring for fan - That does need to be amended, and will be amended Tomorrow.

But to have the MOT completely null and void, 9 months chalked off for that

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pissed aff!!! 23 database queries in 0.0155702 seconds