corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jade goody.............

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Jade goody.............
nova_gteuk

User status: Offline
4th Feb 09 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by colour_golden
Im sorry but how can she be brave? she doesnt relly have a choice in the matter! brave or not she still has cancer, nothing brave in that at all.

You dont know much about living with a terminal illness then.
colour_golden

4th Feb 09 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try heart disease.
Daimo B

4th Feb 09 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What did you have?
How old were you?

[Edited on 04-02-2009 by VXR]
colour_golden

4th Feb 09 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not me personally, grandad
nova_gteuk

4th Feb 09 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
try heart disease.

So he wasnt brave then?

Having to live each day like it could be his last?

Im sorry but anyone with a terminal illness is brave.

colour_golden

4th Feb 09 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well in my opinion they arent, like i said not like they have a choice.
Daimo B

4th Feb 09 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Not me personally, grandad

So you've not had to deal with it really then. Just a quick liner to make people feel sympathy? You'd do well working at The Sun

Now imagine your mum or dad had said heart problem and was going to die? Feeling good???? Doubtfull.

this is how her kids would feel.

Now if your mum/dad cashed in on every news report to make YOUR life better, what would you think of them? Would you say the same thing to your own mum/dad like you/people have on here????????

I somehow doubt it (unless your parents have rapped and beaten you?)
a_j_mair

4th Feb 09 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know the ins and out of her daily life no, i have mearley posted what i think, hence why i said 'id have thought'

As i origonally posted after knowing a friend who is going through a similar thing i think she could do more for the cause rather than for herself.

Makes you realise how inspirational some ordinary people can be (see links in my first post)
colour_golden

4th Feb 09 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i wouldnt want them to help make my life better. Any money they did want to make would go straight to charity.

So your saying my grandad had less of an emotional attachement than my parents do to me? And yes i did have to deal with it just like my grandad did, hence we had no choice.

I see bravery as someone who does things for unselfish reasons, like people who goto war to defend the country. Unlike people with terminal ilnesses they had a choice as to join the army or not.

edit: oh and you asked if i had to deal with a terminal ilness, i didnt go looking for sympathy, you asked, i told.

[Edited on 04-02-2009 by colour_golden]
Daimo B

4th Feb 09 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
I dont know the ins and out of her daily life no, i have mearley posted what i think, hence why i said 'id have thought'

As i origonally posted after knowing a friend who is going through a similar thing i think she could do more for the cause rather than for herself.

Makes you realise how inspirational some ordinary people can be (see links in my first post)

I wasn't having a pop, just debating
Unfortunatly people are also selfish.

Think of it this way.

If every million and billionaire gave up all their money so they only had a few million left, if EVERYONE who is this rich done this, there would be no hunger, poverty, slums, poor living etc....

Humans are selfish. Me me me me me me me me......
John

4th Feb 09 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That shows a total lack of understanding of how the world works, it's nothing to do with throwing money at the problem, that's how some of the hunger and poverty started.
Daimo B

4th Feb 09 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
lol i wouldnt want them to help make my life better. Any money they did want to make would go straight to charity.

So your saying my grandad had less of an emotional attachement than my parents do to me? And yes i did have to deal with it just like my grandad did, hence we had no choice.

I see bravery as someone who does things for unselfish reasons, like people who goto war to defend the country. Unlike people with terminal ilnesses they had a choice as to join the army or not.

Well yes? You parents made YOU, your grandparents made your PARENTS. Bit like a mother/child bond will always be stronger than a father/child bond.

Please ask your parent to change their will so it reads my name and not yours.

I find that a little harsh. No-one who has a terminal issue WANTS the problem. No-one wants the pain and suffering, they HAVE to deal with it.

An army person can resign if the going gets tough. My parents are ex military, and I don't agree with that at all tbh.
Daimo B

4th Feb 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
That shows a total lack of understanding of how the world works, it's nothing to do with throwing money at the problem, that's how some of the hunger and poverty started.

Hmm ironic how I put this line to you earlier. As said, anything eh

No, poverty and hunger happens because people get greedy John, not becuase people are sharing everything out.

And I don't understand yeah

10 people - 20 peanuts
1 person has 20 peanuts, the others have none (the poor ones).
1 person gives the other 9 people 2 peanuts each, everyone has 2 peanuts then.

Who is the poor person?

And you try getting that person with 20 peanuts to give them up......

Very bad example, wouldn't work in real life, but the basic greed aspect is easily shown.
John

4th Feb 09 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's just not how it works.

Bill gates as a perfect example is giving away almost his whole fortune to charity, he's already given away at least 30 billion dollars iirc ( I think it's much more) and world hunger still isn't cured.
Scotty_B

4th Feb 09 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
and world hunger still isn't cured.

Thats what Bono's for.
Daimo B

4th Feb 09 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That's just not how it works.

Bill gates as a perfect example is giving away almost his whole fortune to charity, he's already given away at least 30 billion dollars iirc ( I think it's much more) and world hunger still isn't cured.

Will 1 lightbulb make any difference to the powergrid?

What if 100 we're turned off?

1000000?

theres millions on millionaires out there....... think of a bigger picture than a few individuals.......
Kevxx

4th Feb 09 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like it's been said, celebs get all the brave and how amazing they are when they are gonna die.

but someone's mum etc doesn't!i think thats the fucking joke!
James

4th Feb 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Or are you whinging off on one about something you have no clue about

I've yet to see a post from you that doesn't consist of that.

I was thinking similar.
Daimo B

4th Feb 09 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

S'alright.

I join in posts I can add to that I know about.

Those I know nothing about, I don't get involved on unlike some I add relevence, for discussion and banter.

Not for IE cool points.
Scotty_B

4th Feb 09 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kevxx
like it's been said, celebs get all the brave and how amazing they are when they are gonna die.

but someone's mum etc doesn't!i think thats the fucking joke!

Very true.
DJMartin07

4th Feb 09 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't like her mind, don't wish anything bad to happen though, specially as she has kids, but my only question is, IS she a celebrity??? As I don't believe she is, a celebrity is someone like George Cloony(sp?), or Uma Therman.
nova_gteuk

4th Feb 09 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

How many people actually join the army to defend the country though?

Not a lot.

Thats not being brave,having to live each day with a terminal illness not knowing when your last day could be thats brave.

My grandad was diagnosed with a brain tumour in 1998,he died in 2003,he lived for 5 years with it even though doctors kept telling him he only had 6 months etc to live,but he got on with his life just like jade is. and imo my grandad was one of the bravest men ive ever met.
Shell
Premium Member

4th Feb 09 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Im sorry but how can she be brave? she doesnt relly have a choice in the matter! brave or not she still has cancer, nothing brave in that at all.

Anyone facing terminal cancer who goes through with the treatment and doesn't just give up there and then is brave. Very brave.

[Edited on 04-02-2009 by Shelley]
_Allan_

4th Feb 09 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like a white Akabusi....

JonnyJ

4th Feb 09 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nova_gteuk
quote:

How many people actually join the army to defend the country though?

Not a lot.

Thats not being brave,having to live each day with a terminal illness not knowing when your last day could be thats brave.

My grandad was diagnosed with a brain tumour in 1998,he died in 2003,he lived for 5 years with it even though doctors kept telling him he only had 6 months etc to live,but he got on with his life just like jade is. and imo my grandad was one of the bravest men ive ever met.

Dont agree with alot you have to say most of the time but that is spot on mate.

My grandad struggled with cancer, it completely destroyed his body and yet he still kept smiling and joking right to the last. Never once felt sorry for himself and only thought of others. It takes a brave man/woman to do that imo knowing your time is coming up.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jade goody............. 22 database queries in 0.0157859 seconds