corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Transfer Leage 92 - Today

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Transfer Leage 92 - Today
strick206

User status: Offline
19th Feb 09 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Patrice Evra £5,500,000
Nemanja Vidic £7,000,000

Bargains

@ chavski

John Mikel Obi £12,000,000

also quite a few flops with us to, veron was one but he just wasn't suited to the prem and we somehow got 15million from chelsea for him

Ebanks-Blake was sold for pennys too he's a good player
--DAN--

19th Feb 09 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ebanks Blake scored a wonderful goal a few weeks back.
J da Silva

19th Feb 09 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by eddiewhiteley
so despite liverpool fans saying united spend big/buy the title/poor liverpool cant compete etc etc etc they have only spent £7million less than united, money well spent there

must be all those promising spaniards who no one has ever heard of that cost £x million each

[Edited on 19-02-2009 by eddiewhiteley]

You have a point... Torres, Alonso, Riera, Arbeloa, Reina, all should be playing none league somewhere.
eddiewhiteley

19th Feb 09 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok make it some of the spaniards and some of the south americans, they have wasted some money over the years, and id hardly call riera or arbeloa real quality signings. they were being linked with another £2million spaniard yesterday, add in all those gonzalez's and other no marks that have gone back and they have wasted a hell of a lot of money.
J da Silva

19th Feb 09 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Riera is one of the best left midfielders I've seen in the premiership for a while and he's not really bedded in yet.
Arbeloa was a good player at R Madrid, he does a job, no thrills, far better than most right backs I see in the premiership, obviously not the best though.
eddiewhiteley

19th Feb 09 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

insua
cavalieri
lucas 9 million
leto
luis garcia 6 million
morientes 6.3 million
josemi
gonzalez 4.5 million

etc etc etc

edit - i know united have wasted some money over the years aswell, but when you consider what both clubs have spent and what each has won i think you can kind of excuse some of uniteds worse buys.

J da Silva

19th Feb 09 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see your point, but I feel your missing the footballing aspect of the signings, Insua and Cavalieri are damn good players, Lucas is the u-21 Brazil captain so for the greatest footballing nation to see something in him says he isn't pants
Leto was a flop.
Luis Garcia was a big part of the 05 glory.
Morientes had the reputation, the record and the privelage of playing for the most successful World club team in the world, but the Premier League didn't suit him.

I am no means a Liverpool fan, but it's footballing fact that the above players were and are at some point worth their praises.
strick206

19th Feb 09 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
Riera is one of the best left midfielders I've seen in the premiership for a while and he's not really bedded in yet.
Arbeloa was a good player at R Madrid, he does a job, no thrills, far better than most right backs I see in the premiership, obviously not the best though.

Riera couldn't even pass a trial at Man City when they were shit and had no money, i cannot see him having improved to a top midfielder in europe since then

I'm not saying he's awful, but he doesn't look good enough for a top CL club imo
J da Silva

19th Feb 09 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You and me see different things then, because when I see Riera play, he usually ghosts right backs and whips crosses in, for me that is the whole point of an attacking winger.
strick206

19th Feb 09 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also have my blinkers, and i also don't like that Ballague bloke that comes on SSN, so him saying he is the best left winger in europe angered me also

I agree with you saying players that they have signed aren't suited to the prem, but they spent a lot of money on them, united's only real gamble was veron, who clearly was an excellent player, just not in the PL

Another maybe Nani but the badger won't mature and stop being the cocky little shit he is and concentrate on his football

Too early to tell with Tosic
Carl

19th Feb 09 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reira looks a very good player from what i've seen of him.
J da Silva

19th Feb 09 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tosic has the skill, Nani wants to be like CR7 too much, Tosic will be a first team regular soon, the best position for any aspiring footballer is left back midfield, because there is less competition on the planet.
strick206

19th Feb 09 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
Tosic has the skill, Nani wants to be like CR7 too much, Tosic will be a first team regular soon, the best position for any aspiring footballer is left back midfield, because there is less competition on the planet.

He does have the skill, i think they'll sell nani this summer, wonder how much we can rip spurs off for him

J da Silva

19th Feb 09 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I enjoy watching Man Utd more so than any other European team, but Nani often ruins it, his team mates busting to get in the box waiting for the cross, and he tries all the CR7 shit and the defender boots it out for a throw in.
Ben D

20th Feb 09 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really cant see United selling nani he is a very promising player, I'm sure he will mature at united just like CR did when everyone was saying he was too cocky or flambouyant when he 1st arrived!
RyanSxi

20th Feb 09 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My prediction is that Nani will become a first team regular by next season.
Tom

20th Feb 09 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by eddiewhiteley
insua
cavalieri
lucas 9 million
leto
luis garcia 6 million
morientes 6.3 million
josemi
gonzalez 4.5 million

etc etc etc

edit - i know united have wasted some money over the years aswell, but when you consider what both clubs have spent and what each has won i think you can kind of excuse some of uniteds worse buys.

Are you for real

Insua was starting every game before going off to play for argentina in the south american youth cup and looks really promising. Cavalieri is our second choice keeper and looks pretty good from what i've seen of him. Lucas has been up and down, but I think rafa is playing him out of position to get his defensive game better and you can't really say spending on the brazil u-21 captain was a huge gamble Leto has gone out on loan due to work permit issues (wonder if he was a united player whether he'd have to go out on loan ). Garcia was awesome on his day, you can't argue with some of his champions league performances. Josemi, fair play. Gonzalez was shipped out as soon as possible which is fair enough and morientes as said was a player with a big rep who could well have turned out to be amazing, and he was no-where near schevchenko levels of flop in the PL, more crespo

Tom

20th Feb 09 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And as Riera, he's looked brilliant for us so far, not sure if as a manc you ever watch any other football but if you did you'd have seen his quality And arbeloa is 'solid', he's every bit as good as wes brown
Nath

20th Feb 09 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon Cosmo started reading the end of page 1 and then did this:

J da Silva

20th Feb 09 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Atleast the colour red is appropriate.
Marc

20th Feb 09 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was slagging Nani off recently, he must have heard me (through the tv ) as he then scored a right goal against Derby!

Still pisses me off with his diving, and if you're going to fake an injury, at least hold the right side of your body!

I wonder if Richie De Laet can be added to the flops list? We've bought him from Stoke who never gave him a game, who bought him from Wrexham who never gave him a game! Supposedly one for the future, hes 20 so he best hurry up!

As for Liverpool, these maybe world class players but they clearly aren't showing so on the pitch! Mascherano is beginning to show his quality and Torres disgusts me with his quality!
Tom

20th Feb 09 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mascherano 'began' showing his quality after about his 3rd game for us

Marc

20th Feb 09 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe he did.

For me just just seemed like any other defensive midfielder. Its only recently that I've noticed how good he actually is with his passing etc.
Robbo

20th Feb 09 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant argue with uniteds spending when you consider what the ouitcome has been

Arsenal obviously have ane xcelent record and appropriate for what theyve got back

Spurs make me laugh though, all that for one league cup?!

liveprool always strike me as makign poor signings ocassioanly but make so many that it tends to even itself out, esp if you look at all theyve won
Marc

20th Feb 09 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spell check ftl

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Transfer Leage 92 - Today 23 database queries in 0.0153470 seconds