corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lost My license

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lost My license
Matt L

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 09 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reacon a ban tbh month or so possibly longer.

I dont see why people use the 'i need my license for my job' excuse, surely if you need it you wouldnt do excessive speeds like this (yes i have and do go over the speed limit occasionally).
Paul_J

22nd Feb 09 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh...

I just pleaded (by mail)

I said something along the lines of...

I am truely sorry for my actions on the day of bla bla bla... Despite the good road conditions and visiblity, I sincerly regret my poor error in judgement of my speed on the day in question. I listened to the advice from the officer and realised the risk of the dangers of excessive speed and have definately learnt from the experience.

I plead with the court that I may keep my license as I'm currently in the middle of my University exams and require my license to drive my car to and from University.

Something along those lines... Basically just admit all fault, say you're sorry and have essentially learnt your lesson and then explain why your license means so much to you and ask them to bare that in mind when giving you their verdict.

Don't try to justify it or fight it... they'll just hit you worse.

I only got a £105 fine
SR91

22nd Feb 09 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaSport14
I'm going to get a special legal motor's lawyer as i desperately need to keep my license.

My dad got caught doing 108 he were banned for 3 months fined and 6 points.

He pleaded guilty
CorsaSport14

22nd Feb 09 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i intend to plead guilty to the courts, only thing is trying to keep my licence and just take points + fine.

Im an apprentice for toyota atm and need my licence for road test's and travelling up to nottingham for college.
sand-eel

22nd Feb 09 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your going to jail TBH
Gareth

22nd Feb 09 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SR-91
quote:
I'm going to get a special legal motor's lawyer as i desperately need to keep my license.

My dad got caught doing 108 he were banned for 3 months fined and 6 points.

He pleaded guilty

thats strange i would have thought it would be ban or points not both.

i reckon you will get a 56 day ban
Ben G

22nd Feb 09 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

idiot for getting caught tbh

if it was last night this happened then i can see your point as roads were dry and visibility was perfect.

just don't get caught in future
Wrighty

22nd Feb 09 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought anything over a ton is an instant ban?
Corsa_Sport21

22nd Feb 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah i intend to plead guilty to the courts, only thing is trying to keep my licence and just take points + fine.

Im an apprentice for toyota atm and need my licence for road test's and travelling up to nottingham for college.

I very much doubt they will see that as a reasonable excuse to keep your licence if they do ban you.When i was up,2 guys were up looking at bans.1 guy said he had his own business and needed his licence to bring money in as he had a van,got to sit on 11 points.The other guy said he needed his licence to get back and forth to work,he got banned.
John G

22nd Feb 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

114mph, at lunch time on a sunday morning, id ban you, why did you need to go that fast? id have sympathy for you if you were goin 90-100 but 114 is a joke

sorry to be blunt but bye bye license an welcome to unemployment
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

22nd Feb 09 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
114mph, at lunch time on a sunday morning, id ban you, why did you need to go that fast? id have sympathy for you if you were goin 90-100 but 114 is a joke

a joke? hardly a joke. and why? probably cause its fun and easily done.

Tommy L

22nd Feb 09 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

114 is the average speed. So I assume you did over that at times? as they must have followed you for a bit?
Wrighty

22nd Feb 09 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your gonna do the crime, prepare to do the time
John G

22nd Feb 09 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
Originally posted by John G

a joke? hardly a joke. and why? probably cause its fun and easily done.

because he obviously didnt hit 114 then slow down, he would have been been doing it for more then a mile on the mway for a car to pull him over and give him and average of 114, considering the average car on the mway travels 80-90 he wud have been flying past people at 114 on the outside lane, at 2am i cud understand, but at dinertime on a sunday he deserves what he gets in my opinion.

[Edited on 22-02-2009 by John G]
willay
Premium Member

22nd Feb 09 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

obviously he deserves what he gets thats the law man, but its hardly a joke. The majority of us have done silly speeds at times of day when we werent suppsose to. I can recall loads of times sitting on the motorway doing excess speeds trying to catch up with a convoy to Santa Pod cause I was in the bath . Its just the way it is.
John G

22nd Feb 09 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly and if you got caught you would get what you deserve! you say its fun and easy to do, but i can honestly say i never go over 100mph on the mway specially in the day, your just asking for it, to get and average of 114mpg, he could have beein traveling in excess of 120mph at times, and at miday on a sunday that is stupid! maybe im too sensible, but thats just my optinion
mwg

22nd Feb 09 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you know if the road he was travelling on was quiet or busy?
willay
Premium Member

22nd Feb 09 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

120 can be controlled easily on a sunday lunch time , was the road empty or full? was it dry? was it wet etc? lots of variables which could possibly change your mind.

If I was to speed on a motorway, I'd check my mirrors constantly, I'd check for cars infront, I'd check for vans on the bridges, I'd check for cars coming onto the mway on exits etc. Lots of things you can do which can let you safely speed.

I feel sorry for the op, regardless of his crime I feel sorry for him that hes got a good chance of loose his license.
John G

22nd Feb 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty G

would that seriously make it any more acceptable?
willay
Premium Member

22nd Feb 09 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, if the road was empty dry and during the day then go forth and god speed.
mwg

22nd Feb 09 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes it would, if theres no one around to harm except yourself and your willing to take the risk go for it. Nice quiet road, we've all put our foot down from time to time to see how fast our cars can go. I know I have.
Ash_EP3

22nd Feb 09 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

How do you know he isn't making the whole thing up?

Why were you doing those speeds? As said most people do between 70-90 but that seems pretty high for an "average"

Was it an undercover who pulled you?
Tommy L

22nd Feb 09 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Certain conditions I wouldn't speed if i was jeopardizing the safety of my passengers or other road users.

If he was doing excessive speed and driving recklessly when the conditions weren't safe enough to do it, then i'd have little sympathy for him or anyone that was doing it. But John mate, you don't know what the conditions were like. But as you say maybe you are too sensible. But you can speed and still be sensible about it.

[Edited on 22-02-2009 by corsa_tomtom]
John G

22nd Feb 09 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes it would, if theres no one around to harm except yourself and your willing to take the risk go for it. Nice quiet road, we've all put our foot down from time to time to see how fast our cars can go. I know I have.

not at dinner time when i know there could be anythin round the corner! as said maybe im a bore and sensible or maybe iv learnt from gettin 2 speeding fines on public roads but i just wudnt exceed 100 on the mway,

he hasnt put his foot down to see how fast his car can go tho, hes stayed at eccessive speed, therefore, warranting gettin everything he gets thrown at him
sand-eel

22nd Feb 09 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everyone speeds, its just luck if you get caught or not.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Lost My license 22 database queries in 0.0144739 seconds