corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 125cc 'Race Reps'

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 125cc 'Race Reps'
dannymccann

User status: Offline
15th Mar 09 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick peek on bike trader shows several RS125s around £1200-1500 with mileage anywhere between 1000 - 10000 miles, 55reg onwards, looks a winner tbh
Sunz

15th Mar 09 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RS will be good fun then, just always use fully synthetic oil and let the bike warm up.

Castrol R2, Esso 2T Gold and Motul 710 are all decent oils.
sand-eel

15th Mar 09 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Quick peek on bike trader shows several RS125s around £1200-1500 with mileage anywhere between 1000 - 10000 miles, 55reg onwards, looks a winner tbh

that seems cheap the cagiva mito keeps its value very well.
dannymccann

15th Mar 09 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing within 60 miles (120 round) for Cagiva's, so not really looking any further into them
sand-eel

15th Mar 09 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/bikes/APRILIA+RS/Ne-2-4-7-8-27-64-104-133-146-236,N-117-239-4294967060-4294967062/advert.action?R=200904327603403&distance=245&postcode=ml8+5nu&channel=BIKES&make=APRILIA&model=RS&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=2002&vehicleRegLetter=52

you really need this one!!!!!!
dannymccann

15th Mar 09 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why? Its as expensive, older, generally more miles and only part service history, compared to the ones I found 30 mins ago? Something special about it I dont know?
dannymccann

15th Mar 09 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or I can get a new one for £2800
sand-eel

15th Mar 09 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH i just looked at the pictures and thought the paint was nice
corsa_godfather

15th Mar 09 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get an older style one,phatter and look much better
richc

15th Mar 09 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by S7M XE
The Aprilia RS is the quickest by far being 100+ seen 120 out of one, but very unreliable, must use the top of the market oil, cant really stay in high revs other wise it will blow up.

Id put my car on the fact that if i stood with a laser gun, a rs125 (justderestricted or with a exhaust on it), it would NOT clock 120!

The speedos are miles out, way worse than any car!
richc

15th Mar 09 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Or I can get a new one for £2800

DONT

BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY!

My best mate bought one when they first come out (on a 56 i think) paid nearly £4k for it.

Had a car aswell! He did 700 miles on it and sold it for about £1500 less than what he paid!

To other local lads did the same, with same bike and in the same spanish colours. They nevery get touched, they just arnt quick enough to keep you entertained.

dannymccann

15th Mar 09 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for that rich, and yea, im not looking to speed stupidly on it (i rarely go above 70 in the car anyway, cruise at 80ish on motorways but this wont be seeing any of those)
taylorboosh

15th Mar 09 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:
The Aprilia RS is the quickest by far being 100+ seen 120 out of one, but very unreliable, must use the top of the market oil, cant really stay in high revs other wise it will blow up.

Id put my car on the fact that if i stood with a laser gun, a rs125 (justderestricted or with a exhaust on it), it would NOT clock 120!

de-restricted can keep up with a ctr to 60 iir though
taylorboosh

15th Mar 09 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deffo dont get the cbr 125, i had 1, wheels are skinny and gay, handles ok but like said is slow as fuck
_Allan_

15th Mar 09 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My full power RS125, CDI mod and full Arrow system was only good for about 105. More showing on the clocks but they are out a fair bit.
Bram

15th Mar 09 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy mine:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=150328683373

dannymccann

15th Mar 09 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow I really would thats one of the best prices ive seen for one so far. Ive not even got a date for my CBT yet though so couldnt get it home or anything, no clothing or anything! Probably a month or so early

edit - although its got half a month left so you never know

[Edited on 15-03-2009 by dannymccann]
richc

15th Mar 09 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsabadboy
quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:

de-restricted can keep up with a ctr to 60 iir though

Yer but they like hit a brick wall after that

Dont get me wrong, very good little bike, hence why they are so popular! But the chavs love them thinking they are rapid and keep up with everything and anything!
dannymccann

16th Mar 09 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just signed up to 125ccsportsbikes.com, on the forums on there, seems to be a lot of helpful and knowlegable people about, and a good classifieds section as well, some good stuff in there
*JonnyG*

16th Mar 09 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a motorbike jacket, with all the pads in, including rear support, cost me 150 quid, i brought it, then next day i wrote off my bike. U2U if ya interested, its the XL an its made by RST and its black n red.
DizzyRebel

16th Mar 09 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well being an aprilia factory trainied service technician for 4 years theres not much i dont know about the RS125!

Out of all those, the RS is the best built, fastest and most reliable. Anyone who says the CBR is more reliable being a honda is a joke, they are basically a chinese quality tarted up CG125 without the reliability of a CG. The build quality is terrible and they are lucky to make it past the warranty without something failing on it.

Anyway back to the RS125. Buy a model no later than an 05, make sure its in its original colour livery and looks like its been maintained well. Check the mileage against the service history, ideally it wants to have a piston and rings every 12,000 miles, however based on riding styles we used to have customers with bikes that had done 30,000 miles and still had the original piston in. The engines are made by rotax bombardier who make engines for the military and rest assured build the most reliable engines in the world so dont listen to people who say they are unreliable as they are talking shit, a bikes only as reliable as the mainenance you give it.

Make sure its run on the best quality fully synthetic 2 stroke, we used and fully endorsed 'silkolene comp 2 plus' for any road going 2 stroke as its the only oil that seemed to protect best from cold seizures, didnt gum up the powervalve and kept plugs clean.

They will hit a genuine 100mph once they have a race pipe put on them, and return very good mpg figures. However 2 stroke engines are not best suited to motorways. A 2 stroke is made to be revved hard and backed off constantly and they dont like constant throttle work. Cold motorway blasts are a surefire way to get yourself a seizure! I know people who did a lot of motorway work on theirs and dint have a problem but if your doing a lot of motorway miles your best off doing your test and buying a big 4 stroke that will just munch the miles up.

By all means if you want a 125, an RS is an absolute hoot. Voted 2nd best handling bike of all time by MCN and several other bike publications is no small feat. On twisty B roads you find yourself pretending to be a young valentino rossi and anyone on a lesser bike is just there for the pickings! For £1500 there isnt anything in the category to rival it, apart from perhaps the mito but shoddy build quality and amazingly bad reliability means they really arent anything in comparison!
dannymccann

16th Mar 09 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for that DR, it wont be a motorway thing (there isnt any motorways in Lincolnshire ), it will be mainly through town driving, to work and back and the odd blast down some A roads (single carriageway so get stuck behind stuff) for 100 mile round trip.

I also wont be hooning it around, at least not to start with, as I dont wish to be hypocritical of comments I have made in the past about bikers
DizzyRebel

16th Mar 09 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your from lincoln lol just realised, im from lincoln too... i used to work at the lincoln aprilia dealers untill they went bust then moved to markham moore dealers in retford but dont go to him for anything hes a rip off merchant and hasnt the first clue about bikes!

To get your oil buy it from Vduo motorcycles on gowts bridge behind blockbusters on the high street, infact i think he has a nice used RS125 in there for sale now, its a bit overpriced iirc but make him an offer on it.

Likewise if you need any work doing or a 2nd opinion on a bike you wish to view, dont hesitate to pm me!

PS go to CY school of motoring in Bracebridge heath for your CBT, cheapest in lincoln
dannymccann

16th Mar 09 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will be getting a fair few u2u's from me then
Daimo B

17th Mar 09 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmm let me think?

33bhp screaming its nuts off de-limited 125cc, usually ragged, sounds like a hairdryer..

or

33bhp restrictor kit, SV650S, Vee Twin, proper starter bike, and easy to remove restrictor when take full lincence and in essence get a brand new bike when its removed.

£1500 will get you a nice carb'd curvey model like I had.

No brainer for me really. Small engine bikes = Waste of time. RS250 (or RGV or KR1S) at a minimum, FZR/ZXR400 at next level, then onto entry level bikes such as the SV and such.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 125cc 'Race Reps' 22 database queries in 0.0147221 seconds