corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » annual pay rise day

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author annual pay rise day
Colin

User status: Offline
28th Mar 09 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Colin
quote:
Our employees are being told to GTF this year - they are lucky to still be in a job considering 99% of retail is laying people off.

How much of a rise are you rewarding yourself

Im not in retail....sort of.

Thats my excuse anyway

Can you put me on payrole please? I could be the token scottish drunk prick wearing a kilt at customers wedding's. Surely theres a market for this??
Cosmo

28th Mar 09 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Can you put me on payrole please? I could be the token scottish drunk prick wearing a kilt at customers wedding's. Surely theres a market for this??

Is it not only people with 1/12th Scot in them that wear kilts these days at weddings?
Colin

28th Mar 09 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dunno ive actually never been to one.

Do you do Kilts? Then again I dont suppose you have much demand in Englanshire
Cosmo

28th Mar 09 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No we do

Mainly because the menswear supplier we use is based in Scotland.
Ant

28th Mar 09 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work in a business where are weekly wage bill for our site 18 months ago was £110k its now £102.5k yet we deliver the same kpi's and the company expects us to work more efficiently. This is a major retailer thats in a very good position to ride out the bad times. I myself runing 1 area of the operation have lost 400 hours a week that over 10 full time employees! this has been through natural wastage though and not redundancy.
Cosmo

28th Mar 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The reason for massive redundancies in this country is down to the laziness of UK workers compared to that of other countries. We employ 3 people over here to do the work of 1 person elsewhere and its been costing businesses millions upon millions.

If the only good thing comes from this recession it will be that employers realise that they can get the same output with half the staff they previously had.
Ant

28th Mar 09 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The reason for massive redundancies in this country is down to the laziness of UK workers compared to that of other countries. We employ 3 people over here to do the work of 1 person elsewhere and its been costing businesses millions upon millions.

If the only good thing comes from this recession it will be that employers realise that they can get the same output with half the staff they previously had.

true story, I have people working for me that performance is well terrible, being the Midlands alot of them have come from Rover, Peugeout and Jaguar in cov amongst others, and we all know how efficient they were! and they feel hard done by now!
Cosmo

28th Mar 09 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just the English/UK attitude to work and that will now hopefully change. Go to somewhere like Germany and their workers are so much more efficient.
AndyKent

28th Mar 09 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Spot on - just look at any government department/local government and see the ridiculous wastage of employing 5 when 2 will do. Trouble is that local government won't start laying people off......
Liam

28th Mar 09 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2.8% from what I've heard. It relates to about £5 extra a week (take home) I'd rather not have it, and keep my job TBH, if things carrry on how they are atm.
Tiger

28th Mar 09 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get a payrise of about 3% a year, but cost of living goes up around 10% so its just stupid really. Companies need to start waking up to these issues. I'm not surprised the country's in financial turmoil, they should be forced to give payrises inline with inflation and lower some of the stupid profit margins lining the coffers of the big wigs.
LeeM

28th Mar 09 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we've all been denied our 5% raise due to economy, despite profits increasing and more staff being taken on. work that one out
Cosmo

28th Mar 09 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
I get a payrise of about 3% a year, but cost of living goes up around 10% so its just stupid really. Companies need to start waking up to these issues. I'm not surprised the country's in financial turmoil, they should be forced to give payrises inline with inflation and lower some of the stupid profit margins lining the coffers of the big wigs.

Inflation is 0.27% at the moment, so please give back 2.73% of your payrise this year thank you please.

And expect to see negative inflation soon enough, in which case Id expect you to be happy to have a drop in wage?
Bart

28th Mar 09 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ here here.
It really grinds my gears.

Because the economic spends are down recently, more and more companies have to be more competitive. For us, its doing jobs at cost (rather than making steady profit), so we can just stay alive.

For people to whining about pay rises is just unreal.
Mobby

28th Mar 09 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
been notified by post today nobody in our company is going to get their annual 3% payrise this year due to the current economical climate

that after theyve cut about £700k out the IT budget this year, including 12 jobs. ffs where does it end, we are already underpaid

anyone else in the same boat?

So 12 jobs in your company have been lost and your annoyed your not getting your rise?

So after they've laid people off, you still expect them to be giving out rises?

Some people just dont think....
Tiger

28th Mar 09 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Inflation is 0.27% at the moment, so please give back 2.73% of your payrise this year thank you please.

And expect to see negative inflation soon enough, in which case Id expect you to be happy to have a drop in wage?

Inflation itself has - but thats just a figure plucked out the air. Groceries have gone up more than 3%, Council tax has gone up more than 3%, Road tax has gone up, public transport has gone up.

I see more than 0.27% go out of my wallet per pound I earn every year.

[Edited on 28-03-2009 by Tiger]
Wrighty

28th Mar 09 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
Wrighty, you should be very careful what you say at work, with an attitude like that, your going to be lining yourself up for the top of the hit list.

who are you my effin boss who could have gone, have done, if they wanted rid - i would have gone right? but now the teams down to as little as possible.

im not going into it, because who i work for are a shite company, and im the idiot for staying so long but at the moment, theres just not a lot out there for me to go for so...im kinda stuck, and pissed off im now doing two peoples work to the best of my ability and still getting underpaid, with now longer days and more nights to do i dont think anyone but me is in a posistion to comment on my position of work thats why im in a rant
Wrighty

28th Mar 09 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Most peoples rises are inline with inflation - now given its hit 0.27% at the last look and heading towards zero you shouldnt really be getting anything.

And to complain when the company has had to axe 12 jobs is just stupidity - hopefully they'll offer the others a payrise and to compensate that axe your job?

cosmo, thats the most useful thing iv ever seen you post, and iv actually taken you seriously for once
J da Silva

28th Mar 09 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'm the same, we looked at things in November last year, I laid 23 subbies off due to cuts in the prices, less workload and generally at a time like this you tend to get rid of the rubbish in your company, so they went too...
In January I laid another 28 off and put 14 book men all on part time, it was either volunteer for part time or stick your name in the hat for the chop.
Since then We've gone from 73 men down to 22, from having 32 sites of work only down to 23 sites, so it's not like we've lost that much work and the sites we gave up or lost weren't that busy in the first place.
We're making more profit now than we were when it was booming because the wage bill have been cut by over 50% yet the workload has only been cut by 9 sites from 32, so after this short draft essay, I now realise I was just keeping people in work who I really didn't need.

[Edited on 28-03-2009 by J da Silva]
Graham88

29th Mar 09 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
I'm due a minimum of 5% payrise, or we're going on strike, sorry to anybody who travels on London Underground

fuck taking my girlfriend to work every day to westminster you're staying put lad

OK pay me some of your millions and I won't go on strike
Robbo

29th Mar 09 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo has spoken many truthes in here, and Jizzy too

One thing about inflation though, in fairness the 0.27% (RPI) only really applies to those with mortgages, for those of us withoiut then the CPI is more accurate which is 3.2%

Anyhoo, as people have said, the ways things are right now Id just be happy to be ina job never midn gettigna measly 3% payrise (not very much at the end of the day after tax/ni etc as already said)

vodafone uk employees have jusyt been told no payrise this year and i expect ours (vodafone group) will be along the same lines but ill not complain... a) i only took the job in nov so not too bad(paytises kick in in june) and b) at least ill still have a job
Robbo

29th Mar 09 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and alos, now is the perfect time to get rid of the shite and disguise it as redundancy And also, what Cosmos said abpout efficiency is very very true... companies will see out the end of this that employees can be significantly more efficient and hopefulyl that will change our work etic somewhat as british workers are lazy as fuck (same with yanks too)
Gareth F

29th Mar 09 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We didnt get our £350 christmas bonus and now we are told we dont get a payrise either
I suppose its either more money then company goes bust or same money then company stays in operation..........
Cosmo

29th Mar 09 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Inflation itself has - but thats just a figure plucked out the air. Groceries have gone up more than 3%, Council tax has gone up more than 3%, Road tax has gone up, public transport has gone up.

I see more than 0.27% go out of my wallet per pound I earn every year.

Its not just plucked from the air

Its worked out just the same way as a positive figure that Im sure you'd be first to point out should it back up that you are due a wage increase.
Cosmo

29th Mar 09 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
cosmo, thats the most useful thing iv ever seen you post, and iv actually taken you seriously for once

Yeah I have spoken wayyyyy too much sense in this thread.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » annual pay rise day 22 database queries in 0.0171201 seconds