corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » living beyond your means

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author living beyond your means
corsasriboy

User status: Offline
31st Mar 09 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, its never a good rant when you have to explain yourself. rants should be a random, uncalculated expression of your feelings. not a carefully documented thread in a forum about corsas. again, i apologise. silly me.
corsasriboy

31st Mar 09 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
quote:
Originally posted by corsasriboy
did anyone read my post? i said they cannot afford the finance, and unless i am mistaken that means they are living beyond what they can afford? i didnt say anything about not wanting to fix it, i said they cannot afford to fix it. i didnt mention anything about company cars whatsoever, nor did i mention anything about cleaning cars? didnt say getting a car on finance was a bad thing, i said getting a car on finance that you cannot afford is a bad thing.

It's them who will charged extra interest on their payments flaws, and it's them that might have the car taken away, so why does it bother you so much?

jealousy
RobHayes

31st Mar 09 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drive an 09 car. I am not 'well off' nor living beyond my means. Yes, it is on finance, but it worked out cheaper to buy a brand new one than the 2nd hand one outside.
I dont think it has impressed a single 'laydee' yet though
J da Silva

31st Mar 09 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
did anyone read my post? i said they cannot afford the finance, and unless i am mistaken that means they are living beyond what they can afford? i didnt say anything about not wanting to fix it, i said they cannot afford to fix it. i didnt mention anything about company cars whatsoever, nor did i mention anything about cleaning cars? didnt say getting a car on finance was a bad thing, i said getting a car on finance that you cannot afford is a bad thing.

It's them who will charged extra interest on their payments flaws, and it's them that might have the car taken away, so why does it bother you so much?

jealousy

Jealousy will cause you stress and resentment, don't have any emotional baggage it's not very good.
dangsi

31st Mar 09 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao at this post
Ash_EP3

31st Mar 09 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm, I know what you mean *cough* Daz Moore *cough* bought that corsa c z20let for £8k and he's at college!
ssj_kakarot

31st Mar 09 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can any one actually read what people post on this website, he stated he actually knew these people, so yes he does know there finance, why is that so odd i know the financial situation of a lot of my friend..... because they freely tell me this information seen as im there friend and friends often talk about these things funnily enough.

so he already knows they are living beyond there meens, i have a friend exactly the same, took out finance as she wanted a nice car yet can barly afford to eat because of the re-payments, this is living beyond your meens, so i dont see why every one is having a go at him.

considering in another thread about getting out of debt, nearly every one posted " dont live beyond your meens, dont buy items you cant afford" well if you cant afford re-payments on a car with quite a bit of money left over for general maintenace and repairs then that is living past your meens imo of course. The fact that so many people also in another thread suggested to get out of debt simply stop buying frivilous things suggests that most other people feel the same way.

so no idea why every one is saying his rant is stupid ect it makes perfect sense to me, then again i read what he actually stated.
J da Silva

31st Mar 09 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kakarot, I'm not questioning his knowledge of the people, I wondered why he felt so peeved when he isn't affected by the people he is talking about.
ssj_kakarot

31st Mar 09 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Kakarot, I'm not questioning his knowledge of the people, I wondered why he felt so peeved when he isn't affected by the people he is talking about.

well thatys fair enough, but considering some of the stuff that pisses people off and some of the stuff people whinge about on here, i dont see his rant as being totally out of the ordinary.

i meen seriously theres a post 2 pages long about " a fat family", in the same sense why does a family of fat people annoy people so much.

people just like to vent, im sure he doesnt really have a true hatred for the situation, and doesnt sit up on a night threting over it.

not to mention its human nature to be annoyed by things that inherently go against our nature, the fact he probally wouldnt get a car on finance to begin with meens other people doing it in a bad situation will annoy him, humans are funny things.

kind of in the same vain as people of facebook who have 4000 friends who they dont know and have just added for no reason annoys the life out of me, only because i find it pointless and only have direct friends on facebook, its a sad thing to be annoyed about but still bugs me lol.

[Edited on 31-03-2009 by ssj_kakarot]
R Lee

31st Mar 09 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know of somebody who has a 2 cars on finance. Not a good idea, especially when he doesn't get paid much.
J da Silva

31st Mar 09 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not a silly thread, many members vent frustration of the same nature all the time, but certain members carry a degree of 'forum worship', so they don't get flamed for it.
You also get certain members following other certain members around just replying negatively to their posts, simply because their encounter with that member in a previous thread was 'heated'.

A fat family doesn't annoy me, what I don't really agree with is parents just feeding their kids crap day after day just to shut them up, causing bad health.
ssj_kakarot

31st Mar 09 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It's not a silly thread, many members vent frustration of the same nature all the time, but certain members carry a degree of 'forum worship', so they don't get flamed for it.
You also get certain members following other certain members around just replying negatively to their posts, simply because their encounter with that member in a previous thread was 'heated'.

A fat family doesn't annoy me, what I don't really agree with is parents just feeding their kids crap day after day just to shut them up, causing bad health.

yeah it is a funny forum lol.

fat people dont annoy me, just when they complain about being fat and they cant do anything about it
Butler

31st Mar 09 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I say fair play to these people if its fully legit. What I find more annoying is that I work hard to afford to buy and insure my cars. Its when girls I know get given brand new cars by their parents, insurance paid and everything. That gets to me.
ssj_kakarot

31st Mar 09 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
I say fair play to these people if its fully legit. What I find more annoying is that I work hard to afford to buy and insure my cars. Its when girls I know get given brand new cars by their parents, insurance paid and everything. That gets to me.

ah boys get it to aswell, few of my friends did, yes its very annoying lol
J da Silva

31st Mar 09 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is annoying is this new saying "Whoop Whoop", I've just received a message from a friend ending with this saying.
Butler

31st Mar 09 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
quote:
Originally posted by Butler

ah boys get it to aswell, few of my friends did, yes its very annoying lol

I suppose at least guys can appreciate it a bit more. All the girls I know seem to take it all for granted.
Edd

31st Mar 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people probably think i live outwith my means because i party like a pimp

[Edited on 31-03-2009 by Edd]
K2 GTi

31st Mar 09 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is the car in question lol
Daimo B

31st Mar 09 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"people driving round in 08 09 reg cars that look totally abused and dont get looked after because"

Does this statement mean the cars are spotless then?

And yes, we've agreed its bad to get something you can't really afford, but then thats the lenders fault for allowing the finance with factual information that the person cannot afford it.

People wanting things they can't have, never heard of that one before

Ben G

31st Mar 09 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so because my cars dirty and has a broken mirror ad scuffed alloys it means i can't afford the finance? i also have quite a few stone chips and a big scuff under the front bumper. i just like driving my car properly.

i cope perfectly fine mate and always have plenty left at the end of the month to put away for savings.
loubielou

31st Mar 09 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are you jealous if you know they can't afford it? Surely that's a bad thing and definately not worth being jealous over
ssj_kakarot

31st Mar 09 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
so because my cars dirty and has a broken mirror ad scuffed alloys it means i can't afford the finance? i also have quite a few stone chips and a big scuff under the front bumper. i just like driving my car properly.

i cope perfectly fine mate and always have plenty left at the end of the month to put away for savings.

omg why dont you read the thread, he was only refering to specific people that he actually knows that cant afford the finance with money left over every month.

he was not saying that every one who has a dirty car is living beyond there meens, if people would actually read a thread instead of the first sentance it would clear a lot of things up.
Ben G

31st Mar 09 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

omg why dont you read the thread, he was only refering to specific people that he actually knows that cant afford the finance with money left over every month.

he was not saying that every one who has a dirty car is living beyond there meens, if people would actually read a thread instead of the first sentance it would clear a lot of things up.

i did read it idiot. i was just saying why should he just someone just because they have a nice car.
ssj_kakarot

31st Mar 09 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok so if you read it then you understand your post had no point what so ever then? as he wasnt saying nor implying the thing that you actually posted about?

great glad thats sorted.
Ben G

31st Mar 09 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he was sayign about his mates have no money etc left over. but at the end of the day he's saying that 08 or 09 cars that looks abused are owned by people who can't afford the repayments comfortably

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » living beyond your means 22 database queries in 0.0625331 seconds