corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » AA -Annoucement

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author AA -Annoucement
Phi

User status: Offline
8th Apr 09 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stupid story! what a load of crap, then they said modifying cars make insurance premiums more.....yeah okay!
alan-g-w

8th Apr 09 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gazza, maybe legal to have but illegal to use?
Nic Barnes

8th Apr 09 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the best thing in the world is the people who have been reporting this story. it has made me laugh every hour.
Fonz
Premium Member

8th Apr 09 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
the woman they interviewed on radio 1 regarding this story is annoying me.

her son died in an accident in his modified car...
No mention of it being to do with nitros and more to the point its her sons bloody fault for 1) racing someone on the road and 2) donig 70+ in a 30

Yes there cars may have nitrous but the accident isnt caused because of it, they just happen to have it

its examples like this that annoy me about Newsbeat! so much spin on the report.

c20kenny

8th Apr 09 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
the woman they interviewed on radio 1 regarding this story is annoying me.

her son died in an accident in his modified car...
No mention of it being to do with nitros and more to the point its her sons bloody fault for 1) racing someone on the road and 2) donig 70+ in a 30

she said she talked him out of puting the nos kit on his car. so i dont get wot she has to do with the story. he never had nos bit still died. surely thats 1-0 for the nos users over the goverment

[Edited on 08-04-2009 by c20kenny]
Bonney

8th Apr 09 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its getting a bit silly now. It seems that anything you do nowadays, there is a group of some sort trying to stop you. Most of these people need to go out and get a life.

Also its one of the reasons i dont listen to radio 1. The way they make everything sound 1,000 times worse than it actually is. Also they talk too much shit on there anyway and the dj's are too big headed and boring.
shaunmods
Premium Member

8th Apr 09 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This really annoys me. Having a low powered car doesn't stop young drivers driving like idiots. I could still do 60 in a 30 in my 1.0. What pisses me off is the bloke they used in the video as an example isn't even a 'young' driver

I can also say I dont know a single person, young or old with NOS. Its not exactly a common modification in the uk. Blowing it was out of proportion imo.
sand-eel

8th Apr 09 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

idiots.
Eck
Premium Member

8th Apr 09 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His suspension has been modified, it sits nicely so it can handle the power.

What about the brakes, or the engine itself

Ps; what a load of bollocks.
sand-eel

8th Apr 09 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He has £450 tyres so everything will be fine.
DizzyRebel

8th Apr 09 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just like all the steroid 'poisoning' articles and interviews that have been on this week. The same people reporting about steroids are the same ones on about nitrous. These people are retards and dont deserve to live for being so unbeliveably fucking ignorant.

steroids and nitrous have never single handedly killed anyone through correct use, its the idiots who dont understand them that get their spastic hands on them, abuse them and get burned that are tarring everyone with the retard brush. the worst thing is the general public belive every word of it too, what a complete joke!

The media dont want to hear the truth either, i tried to call radio one and give a speech on the truth about steroids but when they heard i was pro-steroids they wouldnt let me on air. Whos going to try and be the ambassador for nitrous and modified cars then?
alan-g-w

8th Apr 09 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 08-04-2009 by alan-g-w]
Eck
Premium Member

8th Apr 09 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS
Hammer

8th Apr 09 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LMFAO at Chris Benoit
jamjar15

8th Apr 09 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate vtec nos'd in a integra dc5 and crashed was avoiding a sheeps tho . couldnt handle the car anyway because he's crashed it a few times before

[Edited on 08-04-2009 by jamjar15]
Richie B

8th Apr 09 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Benoit
Adam-D

9th Apr 09 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

takes the piss. nothing else comes to mind
Gaz

9th Apr 09 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its right in a way though, You hear lads on here that have XE's @ 18, and you wonder - Do they seriously understand what they are driving? Its a quick car that can be out of control in seconds. Much easier to loose then your average 1.2/1.4
Matt L

9th Apr 09 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
Its right in a way though, You hear lads on here that have XE's @ 18, and you wonder - Do they seriously understand what they are driving? Its a quick car that can be out of control in seconds. Much easier to loose then your average 1.2/1.4

only because they are driving like tools, having power imo doesnt make you any more likely to crash if you drive normallu and to the road conditions.

I could drive like a spanner in a 1l micra and crash and could do the same in a lambo. makes no difference in power its all down to the people who are behind the wheels who make the mistakes.
RS6

9th Apr 09 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need NOS and i need it by tonight...
Matt L

9th Apr 09 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a big one?
Adam_B

9th Apr 09 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Edmund King can fuck right off.
Ojc

9th Apr 09 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bullshit is all I've got to say.

If you do something enjoyable these days it's normally banned.

Won't be long until track days are banned because fuckwits living next door to tracks complain, HEY! I've an idea! FUCKING MOVE YOU CUNT.
swill_omnibus

9th Apr 09 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's utter wank. Not exactly a run of the mill modification anyway.

Precides i thought it was LEGAL to have and install but ILLEGAL to actually use on the roads??

And if his MR2 was 150BHP standard, can N20 really bump it an extra 150BHP on it's own? I'd have thought there would have been other mod's involved surely?

And it wasn't the N20 that killed him, nor the speed. It was the object he crashed into that did it!

[Quote] Won't be long until track days are banned because fuckwits living next door to tracks complain, HEY! I've an idea! FUCKING MOVE YOU badger.

Got a good point there Ojc, hope it doesn't though! But thought that's why there we're db readings at the events we're for?
jamjar15

9th Apr 09 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz

only because they are driving like tools, having power imo doesnt make you any more likely to crash if you drive normallu and to the road conditions.

I could drive like a spanner in a 1l micra and crash and could do the same in a lambo. makes no difference in power its all down to the people who are behind the wheels who make the mistakes.

im 18 and have an XE and think its too slow next lowest powered car in my local group of mates is a 140ish bhp ek civic, highest is 220ish vw corrado, so im constantly (but sensibly) driving my car harder but i dont drive like a tw@ and know the cars limits.

think crashing because the car has quite a bit of power is just an excuse for bad driving or just a straightforward answer that cant really be proven and is easy to accept as the problem.

with an attitude like mine its probably just a matter of time before i crash

[Edited on 09-04-2009 by jamjar15]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » AA -Annoucement 22 database queries in 0.0637379 seconds